Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two Israelis call for torture and the committing of potential war crimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

From a totally unbiased source:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...with-palestine

Demonstrators around the globe have taken to the streets to demand an end to Israel’s bombardment of Gaza.

Israel launched air raids on the besieged Gaza Strip after the Palestinian group Hamas, which governs the territory, carried out a brutal attack on southern Israel on October 7, killing at least 1,400 people, according to Israeli authorities.

At least 2,800 people have been killed in the responding Israeli assault on Gaza, according to Palestinian authorities, and an estimated one million people were displaced in Gaza in the first week of the conflict, according to the United Nations.

Around the world, protests took place in multiple cities, with demonstrators chanting “Free Palestine” and calling for an end to Israel’s illegal occupation of Palestinian land.

The map and list below show the locations where sizeable protests have occurred. It will be updated as more protests take place.

Cities where protests have taken place:

Adelaide, Algiers, Amman, Athens, Auckland, Baghdad, Barcelona, Beirut, Berlin, Boston, Braband, Brasilia, Brisbane, Cairo, Calgary, Cambridge, Canberra, Cape Town, Caracas, Colombo, Copenhagen, Dallas, Damascus, Dearborn, Delhi, Dhaka, Doha, Diyarbakir, Dublin, Edinburgh, Edmonton, Geneva, Glasgow, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Istanbul, Jakarta, Karachi, Kargil, Kolkata, Kuala Lumpur, Lahore, London, Los Angles, Lucknow, Male, Manama, Manchester, Marawi City, Melbourne, Mexico City, Milan, Mississauga, Montreal, Mumbai, Nablus, Naples, New York City, Paris, Pittsburgh, Portland, Pune, Rabat, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Sanaa, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Surakarta, Sydney, Tehran, The Hague, Thiruvananthapuram, Tokyo, Tucson, Turin, Vancouver, Washington DC.

There's a map in the link in case you don't want to read all those names.

Calling to free Palestine and to end a war-crime filled bombardment is "screaming for the death of all Jews and Americans."?

On what planet? Spare us the hysteria and hyperbole

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Calling to free Palestine and to end a war-crime filled bombardment is "screaming for the death of all Jews and Americans."?

On what planet? Spare us the hysteria and hyperbole
      There was news footage of a crowd in the States doing just that. I don't remember when or where I saw it. Are you saying that you agree with what Hamas did?

There is no hysteria or hyperbole, except in your own mind. You are so biased.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There was news footage of a crowd in the States doing just that. I don't remember when or where I saw it.
        So a supposed news footage kf a supposed crowd in one place supposedly in the states.... = "Thousands of Palestinians around the world, including the US are screaming for the death of all Jews and Americans."?

And then when asked for evidence you gave a ljnk that didnt show that at all and noted they were protesting to free palestine and end the blockade and bombardment.

Are you saying that you agree with what Hamas did?
        where in the hell did I say anything remotely of the sort?

There is no hysteria or hyperbole, except in your own mind. You are so biased.
        Oh dear the projection is strong with this one

Comment

So a supposed news footage kf a supposed crowd in one place supposedly in the states.... = "Thousands of Palestinians around the world, including the US are screaming for the death of all Jews and Americans."?

And then when asked for evidence you gave a ljnk that didnt show that at all and noted they were protesting to free palestine and end the blockade and bombardment.

where in the hell did I say anything remotely of the sort?

Oh dear the projection is strong with this one
          Carry on, then. I only wanted, in my post, to show that the comparison in the op to what is happening in the world is ridiculous.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Carry on, then. I only wanted, in my post, to show that the comparison in the op to what is happening in the world is ridiculous.
            And in the end you showed nothing, and bow when held to it can't back up your claims.

Comment

And in the end you showed nothing, and bow when held to it can't back up your claims.
              Maybe you should broaden your horizons and watch different news stations. You might see things that surprise you.

Also, I've noticed, as have others, that as long as people agree with you, everything is great and you are friendly and sweet, but as soon as a person disagrees with your viewpoint you lose it.

Too bad, because I like you.

Comment

Maybe you should broaden your horizons and watch different news stations. You might see things that surprise you.
                So, multiple posts later and still can't back it up.
                Also, I've noticed, as have others, that as long as people agree with you, everything is great and you are friendly and sweet, but as soon as a person disagrees with your viewpoint you lose it.

Too bad, because I like you.
                Interesting projection...

Comment

You should really be more clear about which word or phrase you are nitpicking.
                  I was quite precise and emboldened the word Palestinians.

So, my mistake was to use the word "Palestinians".
                  Yes.

Allow me to correct my error.

Thousands of PEOPLE around the world, including the US are screaming for the death of all Jews and Americans.
                  Thousands are showing support for an oppressed people. I very much doubt that they are all "screaming for the death of all Jews and Americans".

"It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You mean so as not to be killed in a war started by Hamas?
                    I meant what I wrote....... BBC correspondent Lyse Doucet and crew were forced to flee from proximity of Gaza strip whilst on air.
                    A BBC news teams were dragged out of their marked/signed vehicle in Tel=Aviv and chucked against a wall for search.

The BBC's Lyse Doucet and her crew are extraordinarily brave people; she covered the evacuation out of Kabul to the end, just goes to these very risky places.

The war was not started by Palestinians, and if water, fuel for generators, food and medications are not allowed in the the people immediately then the death toll will be massive.
                    I'm sure that you can see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      I was quite precise and emboldened the word [I]Palestinians.[/I
                      Not in your first reply to me. Try being more precise when you nitpick.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

I meant what I wrote....... BBC correspondent Lyse Doucet and crew were forced to flee from proximity of Gaza strip whilst on air.
                        A BBC news teams were dragged out of their marked/signed vehicle in Tel=Aviv and chucked against a wall for search.

The BBC's Lyse Doucet and her crew are extraordinarily brave people; she covered the evacuation out of Kabul to the end, just goes to these very risky places.

The war was not started by Palestinians, and if water, fuel for generators, food and medications are not allowed in the the people immediately then the death toll will be massive.
                        I'm sure that you can see this.
                        I can also see that the war was started by Hamas - certainly Palestinian - who knew FULL WELL that the horrendous way they attacked Israel would obligate Israel to rain down hell on them.
                        Hamas didn't care enough about their own people to prepare them for war.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not in your first reply to me. Try being more precise when you nitpick.

My initial reply to you enquired

Palestinians all around the world? Where exactly?

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

My initial reply to you enquired

Pardon me. I made an error.

Comment

No, no, NO!!!! Say it isn't SO!!!!!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Vade in pace.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment