Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two Israelis call for torture and the committing of potential war crimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Israelis call for torture and the committing of potential war crimes

This is the "advice" [I use the word with heavy irony] being given by an Israeli army veteran to his fellow Israelis. He is a surviving member of the Lehi terrorist group that was involved in the Deir Yassin massacre.

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/st...18166437806294

Ezra Yachin who is now 95 is one of more than 300,000 army reservists that have been mobilised since last week. He will not [obviously] be engaged in combat but is instead being used to "motivate" Israeli soldiers, according to recent reports.

The rest of the article is here: My emphasis:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/i...erase-children

"Be triumphant and finish them off and don’t leave anyone behind. Erase the memory of them," Yachin said while addressing Israeli troops this week, in a video that has since gone viral.

"Erase them, their families, mothers and children. These animals can no longer live."

He added that there was "no excuse", as Hezbollah "could send air strikes" and "Arabs here could attack us".

"Every Jew with a weapon should go out and kill them. If you have an Arab neighbour, don’t wait, go to his home and shoot him," Yachin said.

"We will witness things we've never dreamed of. Let them drop bombs on them and erase them," he added. "All of the prophecies sent by the prophets are about to occur."

Israel has killed at least 2,215 people in Gaza over the past week, according to the Palestinian health ministry. Of those killed, 724 are children and 458 are women.

Over the same period, Israeli troops have killed 54 people in the occupied West Bank.

The war erupted on 7 October after Hamas launched a surprise multi-front assault on Israel, firing thousands of rockets and sending fighters into Israeli territory across land, air, and sea. More than 1,300 Israelis have been killed and scores of soldiers and civilians taken captive back to Gaza.

Veteran involved in Deir Yassin massacre

Yachin was a member of the Lehi Zionist militia, which carried out atrocities before the creation of the state of Israel in 1948.

He was involved in the Deir Yassin massacre on 9 April 1948, when Zionist militiamen belonging to the Lehi and Irgun groups went house to house, killing more than 100 people in the small Palestinian village near Jerusalem, despite having agreed to an earlier truce. Many of those killed were women, children, and the elderly.

The massacre, amongst other atrocities, led to the forced expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians from their homeland in what would come to be known as the Nakba, or catastrophe.

It therefore appears that if what Yachin is actually saying is what is being claimed [and I do not speak modern Hebrew] then he is not only encouraging troops [and of course other Israelis] to commit atrocities he is being permitted to so by the IDF/administration

And then we get this fascist: My emphasis . [I have no idea why the font changes half way through].

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/i...re-gazans-rant

An adviser to the wife of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shocked many on Saturday after posting a violent rant on social media in which she fantasised about torturing to death residents of Gaza she said were involved in last weekend's killings in southern Israel.

Tzipi Navon, a close adviser to and office manager for Netanyahu's wife, Sara, posted incendiary remarks on Facebook saying it was not enough to "flatten Gaza".

"It won't calm the storm of emotions, it won't dull the intensity of the rage and pain that can't find an outlet for them," Navon wrote.

Instead, she said the culprits should be captured and tortured "one-by-one" by pulling out their nails and skinning them alive.

Further detailing the type of torture she said they should endure, Navon said that male genitals should be cut off, fried and fed to the captured.

"Save their tongues for last, so we can enjoy his screams, his ears so he can hear his own screams, and his eyes so he can see us smiling," she said.

"Do you think I'm cruel? Tell that to the girls who were raped, the beheaded babies, the boys who were burned and our mutilated soldiers," Navon wrote, referencing unverified but widespread reports that Hamas "beheaded babies" during their attack - a claim the group denies.

Navon also posted a number of other inflammatory posts, including one in which she said left-wing Israelis needed to have their Facebook profiles reported en masse.

"We have not finished burying our dead yet, we are only at the beginning of a war, and the traitors from the left continue to incite," she wrote on her Facebook profile, which is currently locked.

"Let's close the page for them! Report en masse to Facebook! This time we fight back and protect our prime minister!"

Many institutions and governments have expressed concern at the spread of misinformation and hate speech across social media platforms over the past week.

During that time period, Israel has killed at least 2,215 people in Gaza, according to the Palestinian health ministry. Of those killed, 724 are children and 458 are women.

Over the same period, Israeli troops have killed 54 people in the occupied West Bank.
    The latest fighting erupted on 7 October after Hamas launched a surprise multi-front assault on Israel, firing thousands of rockets and sending fighters into Israeli territory across land, air and sea.

More than 1,300 Israelis were killed and scores of soldiers and civilians were taken captive back to Gaza during the attack, which Hamas says was launched in response to Israeli violence targeting Palestinians in the West Bank and incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Before Hamas's attack, 2023 was already shaping up to be the deadliest year for Palestinians in two decades, as hundreds of Palestinians across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem were killed by the Israeli military and settlers.

Again, how many extremists/fanatics will take her at her word?

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Wow, TWO of them!!!! Help me with the math - that's what percentage of Israelis?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Wow, TWO of them!!!! Help me with the math - that's what percentage of Israelis?
      And, before you go there, I clearly condemn violence against non-combatants by anybody, and especially the raping and murdering of women and children.
      I would further condemn anybody on either side who advocates such.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        This is the "advice" [I use the word with heavy irony] being given by an Israeli army veteran to his fellow Israelis. He is a surviving member of the Lehi terrorist group that was involved in the Deir Yassin massacre.

Ezra Yachin who is now 95 is one of more than 300,000 army reservists that have been mobilised since last week. He will not [obviously] be engaged in combat but is instead being used to "motivate" Israeli soldiers, according to recent reports.

"Be triumphant and finish them off and don’t leave anyone behind. Erase the memory of them," Yachin said while addressing Israeli troops this week, in a video that has since gone viral.

"Erase them, their families, mothers and children. These animals can no longer live."

He added that there was "no excuse", as Hezbollah "could send air strikes" and "Arabs here could attack us".

"Every Jew with a weapon should go out and kill them. If you have an Arab neighbour, don’t wait, go to his home and shoot him," Yachin said.

"We will witness things we've never dreamed of. Let them drop bombs on them and erase them," he added. "All of the prophecies sent by the prophets are about to occur."

Israel has killed at least 2,215 people in Gaza over the past week, according to the Palestinian health ministry. Of those killed, 724 are children and 458 are women.

The war erupted on 7 October after Hamas launched a surprise multi-front assault on Israel, firing thousands of rockets and sending fighters into Israeli territory across land, air, and sea. More than 1,300 Israelis have been killed and scores of soldiers and civilians taken captive back to Gaza.

Yachin was a member of the Lehi Zionist militia, which carried out atrocities before the creation of the state of Israel in 1948.

He was involved in the Deir Yassin massacre on 9 April 1948, when Zionist militiamen belonging to the Lehi and Irgun groups went house to house, killing more than 100 people in the small Palestinian village near Jerusalem, despite having agreed to an earlier truce. Many of those killed were women, children, and the elderly.

The massacre, amongst other atrocities, led to the forced expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians from their homeland in what would come to be known as the Nakba, or catastrophe.

It therefore appears that if what Yachin is actually saying is what is being claimed [and I do not speak modern Hebrew] then he is not only encouraging troops [and of course other Israelis] to commit atrocities he is being permitted to so by the IDF/administration

And then we get this fascist: My emphasis . [I have no idea why the font changes half way through].

An adviser to the wife of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shocked many on Saturday after posting a violent rant on social media in which she fantasised about torturing to death residents of Gaza she said were involved in last weekend's killings in southern Israel.

Tzipi Navon, a close adviser to and office manager for Netanyahu's wife, Sara, posted incendiary remarks on Facebook saying it was not enough to "flatten Gaza".

"It won't calm the storm of emotions, it won't dull the intensity of the rage and pain that can't find an outlet for them," Navon wrote.

Instead, she said the culprits should be captured and tortured "one-by-one" by pulling out their nails and skinning them alive.

Further detailing the type of torture she said they should endure, Navon said that male genitals should be cut off, fried and fed to the captured.

"Save their tongues for last, so we can enjoy his screams, his ears so he can hear his own screams, and his eyes so he can see us smiling," she said.

"Do you think I'm cruel? Tell that to the girls who were raped, the beheaded babies, the boys who were burned and our mutilated soldiers," Navon wrote, referencing unverified but widespread reports that Hamas "beheaded babies" during their attack - a claim the group denies.

Navon also posted a number of other inflammatory posts, including one in which she said left-wing Israelis needed to have their Facebook profiles reported en masse.

"We have not finished burying our dead yet, we are only at the beginning of a war, and the traitors from the left continue to incite," she wrote on her Facebook profile, which is currently locked.

"Let's close the page for them! Report en masse to Facebook! This time we fight back and protect our prime minister!"

Many institutions and governments have expressed concern at the spread of misinformation and hate speech across social media platforms over the past week.

During that time period, Israel has killed at least 2,215 people in Gaza, according to the Palestinian health ministry. Of those killed, 724 are children and 458 are women.

The latest fighting erupted on 7 October after Hamas launched a surprise multi-front assault on Israel, firing thousands of rockets and sending fighters into Israeli territory across land, air and sea.

More than 1,300 Israelis were killed and scores of soldiers and civilians were taken captive back to Gaza during the attack, which Hamas says was launched in response to Israeli violence targeting Palestinians in the West Bank and incursions into Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Before Hamas's attack, 2023 was already shaping up to be the deadliest year for Palestinians in two decades, as hundreds of Palestinians across the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem were killed by the Israeli military and settlers.

Wow, you dug deep to find a 95 year old man and a a random adviser. That's definitely on par with official threats and official actions from Hamas.

I do not condone their words.

But i would say that the war crimes by Hamas would put thier comments into conext.

Comment

One of them being a person chosen by the Israeli military to instruct their troops....... (remember when you told us all about how Lehi/Stern group were just fringe splinter groups? Well here's a decorated veteran member of them instructing the other IDF soldiers to commit war crimes, at the behest of his military. Doesn't sound fringe or splinter to me)

So spare us the bullcrap here.
          Last edited by Gondwanaland; 10-15-2023, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

One of them being a person chosen by the Israeli military to instruct their troops.......
            Yeah, I condemn that, too.

Comment

Yeah, I condemn that, too.

remember when you told us all about how Lehi/Stern group were just fringe splinter groups? Well here's a decorated veteran member of them instructing the other IDF soldiers to commit war crimes, at the behest of his military. Doesn't sound fringe or splinter to me....

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

There is no excuse for telling someone to do such things. Even less of one for doing them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[Hypatia_Alexandria mode]

But Hamas has conducted themselves just as badly, so Israel can be granted some leeway.

[/Hypatia_Alexandria mode
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

remember when you told us all about how Lehi/Stern group were just fringe splinter groups? Well here's a decorated veteran member of them instructing the other IDF soldiers to commit war crimes, at the behest of his military. Doesn't sound fringe or splinter to me....
                    Sure, Gond.

Comment

Sure, Gond.
                      Ah so now going to pretend you didn't spin that yarn, eh?

Comment

Ah so now going to pretend you didn't spin that yarn, eh?
                        Not like you put it.

Comment

Not like you put it.
                          I see, so someone hacked your account and made this post?

Yes, that tiny splinter group.

Comment

Of course these two individuals do not represent all Israelis and hence I specified them to avoid generalising. Both are also reasonably "prominent" individuals. One is a "famous" fighter from the 1940s who was involved in a massacre of Palestinians, and who is now being used by the IDF to "motivate" the troops [by apparently urging them to kill all Palestinians]. The other is an advisor to the wife of Israel's Prime Minister who is fantasizing about torturing people.

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              [Hypatia_Alexandria mode]

But Hamas has conducted themselves just as badly, so Israel can be granted some leeway.

[/Hypatia_Alexandria mode
                              Israel should not be "granted leeway" if by that you mean given carte blanche to kill indiscriminately on the pretext of "defending itself".
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment