Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump immunity case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I have disagreements with him, but he really does not seem to be a lib.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Everyone.
      Trump-level hyperbole, ff.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

After Trump won the election in 2016, my wife's friends were genuinely terrified that he was going to send immigration agents to their house to forcibly remove their legally adopted Vietnamese children. And I mean they were dead serious. They really believed it was going to happen. It baffles me how liberals can be so stupid, but I guess if they weren't so stupid, then they wouldn't be liberals.
        I'm generally a fan of NT scholar Craig Keener, but back in 2016, he was seriously concerned that BOM would get us into WWIII. He's a brilliant guy, but... sheesh. Back then, I held my nose and barely voted for him, because I didn't fully trust him to govern as generally conservative, but I never had concerns about him doing crazy stuff.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Deference, not defense. Died age 40!
          Yes, that's autocorrect for ya.

Comment

Who says Obama has a conscience? He killed a few American citizens. In other words, the President had these very same powers even back then. Actually going back to Nixon.
            Maybe it's a matter of degree. Trump expanded the drone program, and relaxed the controls instituted by Obama that were intended to reduce the chances of innocent civilians being killed. He also made the results of the program less transparent. If he didn't kill as many Americans as Obama, it was a matter of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I have disagreements with him, but he really does not seem to be a lib.
              Yet to be determined...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Maybe it's a matter of degree. Trump expanded the drone program, and relaxed the controls instituted by Obama that were intended to reduce the chances of innocent civilians being killed. He also made the results of the program less transparent. If he didn't kill as many Americans as Obama, it was a matter of luck.
                I have no idea if any of that is true. But Trump did go after ISIS, so....
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sauer's answer is that it could be an official act, but, as he clarified, "It would depend on the hypothetical. We can see that could well be an official act."

In other words, there needs to be more to it than the president waking up one day and arbitrarily deciding that his political rival is a traitor in need of killin'.
                  Pretty sure It couldn't happen on US soil because of the Posse Comitatus act. At least not without the consent of congress.

But if it could be used, Trump better watch his back because it sounds more like something the Democrats would use to get rid of him the way they talk about him (Traitor, wanna-be dictator, etc)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

But if it could be used, Trump better watch his back because it sounds more like something the Democrats would use to get rid of him the way they talk about him (Traitor, wanna-be dictator, etc)
                    If they really believe that it is incumbent on them to act now to save the Republic!

Comment

I am sorry to say that the USA has finally gone the way of so many other countries and failed to live up to its early promise. No longer the example that others should follow.
                      So you are saying we need to Make America Great Again?

Comment

I have no idea if any of that is true. But Trump did go after ISIS, so....
                        So did Obama.

And if Trump was honest, he would say that he thinks Obama did exactly the right thing in targeting Anwar al-Awlaki, and that it's probably a good thing that he accidentally got the other three.

I think you would, too.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-wer...drone-strikes/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          Interesting. One can read all sorts of things into the September timing of that decision.
                          One could read all sorts of things into the timing of that decision, no matter what date was picked.

Comment

One could read all sorts of things into the timing of that decision, no matter what date was picked.
                            If Merchan was honestly concerned about the convictions being overturned, he would put it off until after the election. This seems more like theater. There's no way any decision is going come along by September on Trump's challenge, so Merchan's delay is just theatrics. He may as well just continue with the July 11th date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

If Merchan was honestly concerned about the convictions being overturned, he would put it off until after the election. This seems more like theater. There's no way any decision is going come along by September on Trump's challenge, so Merchan's delay is just theatrics. He may as well just continue with the July 11th date.
                              And just deny Trump's request, even though Bragg was not objecting?

Comment

And just deny Trump's request, even though Bragg was not objecting?
                                It seems Merchan was denying most everything Trump sought. It's not like he has to pretend at this stage that he is an impartial judge or anything.

Comment