Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrat Congressman Engages In Insurrection At The Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    One needn't be a birdbrained idiot in order to do something stupid when in a hurry. And it seems to me that it is only one side here that is coming to conclusions, i.e. rushing to judgement as to intent. Intent is what matters in this case otherwise it's a minor infraction and the intent you are espousing is neither evident nor was it necessary.
    So you can believe what you want, i.e that his intent was to delay the vote, but you can neither prove that nor was it necessitated in order to delay. So, in my opinion, I don't think your hopes for some damage to Bowmen and democrats in general is going to happen. Bowmen will probably get a slap on the wrist or whatever the punishment is for pulling an alarm, and that is about it.
    A) I never once said, typed, implied, or stated that his intent was to delay the vote.
    2) You're doing that incredibly dishonest thing again where you are implying I hope or believe something that I do not hope or believe - namely, that some damage comes to Bowman and Democrats in general.

FACT: He pulled the alarm
    FACT: He knew full well what a FIRE ALARM is, what it does, and what it doesn't do.

To assume otherwise is to assume he's an idiot.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I've mentioned before that unless he confesses, his "I'm a moron who doesn't understand how fire alarms work" excuse is going to be hard to disprove, regardless of how obviously false it is.
      Well that's because you think yourself so superior in intelligence that you're incapable of doing stupid things in the spur of the moment. You're not! And doing so doesn't make one a moron.

Comment

Well that's because you think yourself so superior in intelligence that you're incapable of doing stupid things in the spur of the moment. You're not! And doing so doesn't make one a moron.
        Jim,

A) pulling a FIRE ALARM is not just "a stupid thing" - it's an ILLEGAL thing.
        2) and Bowman isn't just a "somebody", he's a former school principal who would be quite familiar with FIRE ALARMS, what they do, and what they do not do.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Third time's the charm

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• We'll take another look at this incredibly uncharitable post.

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            You're quibbling about very small things. If you're still trying to adhere to the OP claim — that Bowman's actions can be confidently linked to an intent to obstruct a congressional proceeding —
            NEVER made such a claim, either written, typed, posted, stated, implied....

you've already been hoisted with your petard
            So very Christlike!

in the form of your citation of an exculpatory Capitol Police summary.
            So, let's look at the actual "summary", which is not a "summary" at all, but a preliminary statement preceding an actual investigation....

USCP Investigating Cannon Building Evacuation

October 2, 2023
            Press Release

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) continues to investigate the facts and circumstances surrounding the fire alarm that resulted in the evacuation of the Cannon House Office Building.

At approximately 12:05 p.m. on Saturday, September 30, a fire alarm sounded inside the Cannon Building. USCP officers evacuated people from the building, floor by floor. The fire alarm only sounded in the Cannon Building, so that was the only building that was evacuated.

On security video, a man was seen trying to exit the door

a very general statement - doesn't say he touched the panic hardware or the door, doesn't say how he was "trying to exit". He may have simply been standing there "misreading" the instructions, which mysteriously disappeared after the incident, and APPEAR to be held in his left hand in the still.

in the Cannon Building and then pulling the fire alarm that prompted the evacuation.

Again - FACT - no doubt whatsoever that he pulled the FIRE ALARM.

USCP officers had previously placed signs with clear language that explained the door was secured and marked as an emergency exit only.

HARDLY exculpatory! "CLEAR LANGUAGE" - Emergency Exit Only.

At approximately 1:30 p.m. the Fire Marshal determined there was not a fire and the building was safe.

The USCP will continue to keep the public updated on the status of the investigation.

So, this is obviously NOT a "summary", but a preliminary statement.

If you're just interested in slagging Bowman as a moron or whatever, you're engaging in a certain pettiness unbecoming of Christians.
            Thou are that man.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post

I'm flattered that you think so highly of me, but to be fair, it does not require superior intelligence to know that setting off a fire alarm does not magically unlock doors. Ironically, I'm the one giving Bowman the benefit of the doubt that he is more intelligent than his excuse would suggest.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm flattered that you think so highly of me, but to be fair, it does not require superior intelligence to know that setting off a fire alarm does not magically unlock doors. Ironically, I'm the one giving Bowman the benefit of the doubt that he is more intelligent than his excuse would suggest.
                Actually what I said was that "you think you're of superior intelligence" which obviously shows you don't live by the adage "know thy self." But even an intelligent man, like Bowmen obviously is or he wouldn't be in Congress, can do stupid things when in a hurry and not thinking clearly. Whatever he was on his mind at the time is purely speculative so as much as you would like to convict him of what you brlieve his intent was, and probably would if it were up to you, it ain't going to happen unless actual evidence of his intent comes to light. It's all wishful thinking in your mind at this point.

Comment

Actually what I said was that "you think you're of superior intelligence" which obviously shows you don't live by the adage "know thy self." But even an intelligent man, like Bowmen obviously is or he wouldn't be in Congress, can do stupid things when in a hurry and not thinking clearly. Whatever he was on his mind at the time is purely speculative so as much as you would like to convict him of what you brlieve his intent was, and probably would if it were up to you, it ain't going to happen unless actual evidence of his intent comes to light. It's all wishful thinking in your mind at this point.
                  As Nancy Pelosi explained to AOC one day, she lives in a district where a glass of water would win as long as her name has a D after it. There are definitely districts like that (for both sides) -- and it shows. That's how we get crap like islands tipping over when too many people are on it, Jewish space lasers starting fires, and questions about the flag the astronauts planted on Mars when they landed there.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A) I never once said, typed, implied, or stated that his intent was to delay the vote.
                    2) You're doing that incredibly dishonest thing again where you are implying I hope or believe something that I do not hope or believe - namely, that some damage comes to Bowman and Democrats in.
                    Could you be any more self unawares CP? You have implied that his motive was to delay the vote many times over.

Comment

Could you be any more self unawares CP? You have implied that his motive was to delay the vote many times over.
                      Seems to me that he's been saying we don't know what his motive is yet but we can not eliminate that possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Seems to me that he's been saying we don't know what his motive is yet but we can not eliminate that possibility.
                        Then I suggest you go back and read his posts where he has implied multiple times that Bowmens intent was to delay. Apparently you misremembered.

Comment

... But even an intelligent man, like Bowmen obviously is or he wouldn't be in Congress.....

The NEW STANDARD for intelligence!!! If somebody gets elected to Congress, that proves they're intelligent!

(And it's Bowman)

Remember that, guys - any time Jim slams a Republican in Congress as being stupid....

Comment

Show me ONE post where I implied that. Just ONE!

Comment

Then I suggest you go back and read his posts where he has implied multiple times that Bowmens intent was to delay. Apparently you misremembered.
                              In that case you ought to have no problem with posting a few examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                We'll take another look at this incredibly uncharitable post.

NEVER made such a claim, either written, typed, posted, stated, implied....

So very Christlike!

So, let's look at the actual "summary", which is not a "summary" at all, but a preliminary statement preceding an actual investigation....

USCP Investigating Cannon Building Evacuation

October 2, 2023
                                Press Release

The United States Capitol Police (USCP) continues to investigate the facts and circumstances surrounding the fire alarm that resulted in the evacuation of the Cannon House Office Building.

At approximately 12:05 p.m. on Saturday, September 30, a fire alarm sounded inside the Cannon Building. USCP officers evacuated people from the building, floor by floor. The fire alarm only sounded in the Cannon Building, so that was the only building that was evacuated.

On security video, a man was seen trying to exit the door

a very general statement - doesn't say he touched the panic hardware or the door, doesn't say how he was "trying to exit". He may have simply been standing there "misreading" the instructions, which mysteriously disappeared after the incident, and APPEAR to be held in his left hand in the still.

in the Cannon Building and then pulling the fire alarm that prompted the evacuation.

Again - FACT - no doubt whatsoever that he pulled the FIRE ALARM.

USCP officers had previously placed signs with clear language that explained the door was secured and marked as an emergency exit only.

HARDLY exculpatory! "CLEAR LANGUAGE" - Emergency Exit Only.

At approximately 1:30 p.m. the Fire Marshal determined there was not a fire and the building was safe.

The USCP will continue to keep the public updated on the status of the investigation.

So, this is obviously NOT a "summary", but a preliminary statement.

Thou are that man.
                                No, Sam is not that man CP. But it is instructive to observe you trying to play your gaslighting games on one of the most respectful and competent people posting here on TWEB.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment