Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

America's favorite idiot wants to suspend the constitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'm going to actually agree with OX here. Trump feels wronged, and so I believe (this is my opinion) that he said it because he wants it. Though, less a direct call for action and more of a "I want this", because there is nothing to answer the call. It's more Trump yelling into the wind.

It's sort of like a mobster saying "Nice place you got here, shame if something were to happen to it." He didn't ACTUALLY make the threat....
    I see it more like splitting hairs. At this point in time Trump should have known better than to even bring this up, regardless of the phrasing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I see it more like splitting hairs. At this point in time Trump should have known better than to even bring this up, regardless of the phrasing.
      Well, he is Trump. Never let it be said that the man had a working filter that told him when to shut up. Heck, this idiot denies having classified info, then tells the entire nation that "even IF I did, I had a right to it, it's mine!" With all of his lawyers heads collectively exploding even if they weren't aware of him saying it....it's just so bad that the universe just makes their heads explode.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Yes he did. He explicitly suggested that his fantasy of a stolen election called for the suspension of the constitution so as to allow him to return to power.
        I believe this is the place where you kinda overshoot the runway.... "explicitly suggested" and "called for" are your own misrepresentations of what was actually said.

Here's the actual statement again...
        “A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” he wrote in a post on Saturday on his social network, Truth Social.

"allows for" is not "calls for". It was a really stupid statement and I unequivocally condemn it - but let's condemn what he actually said. There's no need to embellish.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, he is Trump. Never let it be said that the man had a working filter that told him when to shut up. Heck, this idiot denies having classified info, then tells the entire nation that "even IF I did, I had a right to it, it's mine!" With all of his lawyers heads collectively exploding even if they weren't aware of him saying it....it's just so bad that the universe just makes their heads explode.
          I think part of it is that he has been used to always having his way in life. Being the boss and whatever he says, happens. He is not being used to being told, "no" or "you are wrong"

So when his ego is bruised he freaks out and starts yelling at clouds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I think part of it is that he has been used to always having his way in life. Being the boss and whatever he says, happens. He is not being used to being told, "no" or "you are wrong"

This brings up how back after Lee Iacocca turned Chrysler around there was a good deal of talk about him becoming president. I think he toyed with the prospect for a couple days when he was being bandied about but then said that running a company is nothing like running a country. He said he's used to telling people to do something and not needing to make a deal to get them to do it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Trump does not have the authority to do anything and therefore cannot say “I want to …..”.

”allows for” stems from his lack of authority. But it indicates what he wishes were true.
              A) This is about the most sane post I have ever read from you
              2) If he had just said, or even hinted, "if I were in power, I would...." then you'd have a GREAT point, and I'd concede defeat.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm fairly certain he is a narcissist. The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is that there was something the other day where the FBI or DOJ said that there was no sign of nefarious intent behind the classified info he had at Mar-a-Lago, instead he kept them for ego reasons as he thought they were (or felt that they should be) his property. Meaning that the final nail in the coffin of Trump might have been brought about simply because of his own ego, and that is such a pathetic end.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  This brings up how back after Lee Iacocca turned Chrysler around there was a good deal of talk about him becoming president. I think he toyed with the prospect for a couple days when he was being bandied about but then said that running a company is nothing like running a country. He said he's used to telling people to do something and not needing to make a deal to get them to do it.
                  Yuh!

Comment

I'm fairly certain he is a narcissist. The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is that there was something the other day where the FBI or DOJ said that there was no sign of nefarious intent behind the classified info he had at Mar-a-Lago, instead he kept them for ego reasons as he thought they were (or felt that they should be) his property. Meaning that the final nail in the coffin of Trump might have been brought about simply because of his own ego, and that is such a pathetic end.
                    He's definitely a narcissist(or at very minimum has major narcissistic tendencies), and even more thin skinned than some other suspected narcissists I've encountered. Trump is basically a Republican version of Obama without a filter. Still, he's more up front about it, and doesn't hide it. I don't like either, but at least with one you know where they stand on any given issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

He's definitely a narcissist(or at very minimum has major narcissistic tendencies), and even more thin skinned than some other suspected narcissists I've encountered. Trump is basically a Republican version of Obama without a filter. Still, he's more up front about it, and doesn't hide it. I don't like either, but at least with one you know where they stand on any given issue.

As is the portion which followed.

Comment

• Looks like the leftist president of Peru has just tried what some think Trump did on J6.

Comment

He is definitely a narcissist, But I think almost anyone who gets that high in government is probably a narcissist. But they are better at hiding it.

Comment

He is definitely a narcissist, But I think almost anyone who gets that high in government is probably a narcissist. But they are better at hiding it.
                            Can there be a benevolent narcissist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Can there be a benevolent narcissist?
                              I think so. Narcissists crave praise so someone like Trump will do everything he can to get that praise, including keeping campaign promises.

Comment

I think so. Narcissists crave praise so someone like Trump will do everything he can to get that praise, including keeping campaign promises.
                                I'll buy that.

Comment