Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Affidavit Released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    You could say that Trump pulled a Hillary if he didn't know there were classified documents stored there. (Or if he had destroyed a bunch of documents which, as far as we knew, were not classified or government records.)

Hillary's server was long gone before anyone realized it had ever had classified data on it.
    They could have conducted a raid instead of allowing her to wipe her servers and smash the Blackberries with hammers, but thanks for confirming that Gond's bizarre idea that Trump could have raided the Clinton compound when he was president isn't based in reality.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They could have conducted a raid instead of allowing her to wipe her servers and smash the Blackberries with hammers, but thanks for confirming that Gond's bizarre idea that Trump could have raided the Clinton compound when he was president isn't based in reality.
      They could have conducted a raid if they had good reason to believe that they would find evidence of a crime, as they did with Trump.

But Hillary's server was only in her home until 2013, and the FBI didn't start looking into it until 2015. I suppose they could have raided the New Jersey data center where it was later located, or perhaps Platte River Networks.

Comment

Actually, no.

All that took place before the election in 2016, meaning before he was president.

At that point, there would be no point to a raid.

The computer drives had been wiped (with a cloth ) long before.

The blackberries had been smashed with hammers long before.

Any shredding parties were but a distant memory.
        As I stated to your friend, there is no magical time limit that occurred in the months between that prevented him from dealing with Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Looking at that affidavit I'd say things look worse for Trump than I'd thought. Would be really surprised now if he doesn't face serious criminal charges from this.
          They'd still have to prove that Trump knew the documents were classified, and that would involve proving that he is not an idiot, which is difficult to do beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

Since when? Show me a dictionary where it says it is a way to address someone of either sex.
            Get with the times, dude.
            https://read.dukeupress.edu/american...dFrom=fulltext
            The patterns of use for the address term dude are outlined, as are its functions and meanings in interaction. Explanations are provided for its rise in use, particularly among young men, in the early 1980s, and for its continued popularity since then. Dude is used mostly by young men to address other young men; however, its use has expanded so that it is now used as a general address term for a group (same or mixed gender), and by and to women. Dude is developing into a discourse marker that need not identify an addressee, and more generally encodes the speaker's stance to his or her current addressee(s).
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude
            As the word gained popularity and reached the coasts of the U.S. and traveled between borders, variations of the slang began to pop up such as the female versions of dudette and dudines; however, they were short lived due to dude also gaining a neutral gender connotation and some linguists see the female versions as more artificial slang.
            (I should even note that the most often in my daily life that I hear the term used is by my daughters toward each other and their female friends.....)

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

And there was I, thinking that he reminded you of Attila.
              Nah, Attila had guts.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                I assume it indicates Gond is a 75 year old grandmother. That's the sort of person who uses 'hun' and 'sweetie' in my experience.
                He doesn't come across as a grandmother. I'm guessing he's gay.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The problem is that the two different narratives are NOT mutually exclusive.

It's entirely possible for this to be a Politically Motivated investigation, AND for Trump to be guilty of what they are investigating.
                  Yes more and more I am seeing things not being mutually exclusive, even in good Bible teachings. I think this is because we all have biases and blind spots. Not saying Donald Trump is guilty at all and think his protest of the FBI planting documentation is not as way off as it sounds but has merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post

Yes more and more I am seeing things not being mutually exclusive, even in good Bible teachings. I think this is because we all have biases and blind spots. Not saying Donald Trump is guilty at all and think his protest of the FBI planting documentation is not as way off as it sounds but has merit.
                    We have a tendency, especially when politics gets involved, to see things as paragons and villains. And that's not always the case. A gang member can kill another gang member. A child molester can be randomly killed in a home invasion. The guy who saves a child from kidnapping can be a blatant identity thief, etc, etc.

Not all victims are innocent, not all heroes are paragons, and not all criminals are sociopaths.

Comment

So the affidavit revealed that Trump documents (including handwritten notes) contained human intelligence. I.e. information obtained directly from spies and informants. That's the sort of stuff that if it gets out, people die. Indeed that was one of the big things people were worried about when Trump revealed classified info to Russia wrt Israel.

So that had me thinking. Trump took this stuff through the end of his presidency, 2020-2021.

October 2021, the CIA sent a cable warning about a highly unusual number of confidential informants being compromised, killed, and captured.

Coinkydink? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

He doesn't come across as a grandmother. I'm guessing he's gay.
                        Aw, you're sweet, but I don't bat for your team. I'm sure you'll find someone to love you, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

They'd still have to prove that Trump knew the documents were classified, and that would involve proving that he is not an idiot, which is difficult to do beyond a reasonable doubt.
                          You do have a point, sir.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You do have a point, sir.
                            Indeed, Trump's arrogance tends to blind him to many things.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I see that the notorious criminal Lindsey Graham is trying to intimidate the Justice Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                I see that the notorious criminal Lindsey Graham is trying to intimidate the Justice Dept.
                                Of what crime has Graham been convicted?
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment