Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No More Foreign Aid For Abortion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    LIke I said, you don't actually think it is bad or undesirable. You think it is convenient. You know, women don't get pregnant on their own, so men have as much right discussing abortion as women do. It is their children too. You just have no argument and cannot defend your evil beliefs, so you try to shut up the opposition by telling them that it is none of their business. Human life is everyone's business.

So in conclusion, birth is the preferable option. If the woman does not want to be inconvenienced she can put the baby up for adoption. Or get her tubes tied before getting pregnant.
    What's interesting to me about this subject is that, even on some incredibly left leaning websites I've been on, often times when the point is made that abortion is a difficult decision that many women must struggle with, a number of nurses (who are pro-abortion), will speak up and point out that in their experience most abortion is used as a form of birth control. They'll see the same women time and time and time again. It's inconvenient, but it's just not really that big of a deal to most of them. They say that while there are certainly those who do struggle with the decision, overwhelmingly, those that they see don't see it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      What's interesting to me about this subject is that, even on some incredibly left leaning websites I've been on, often times when the point is made that abortion is a difficult decision that many women must struggle with, a number of nurses (who are pro-abortion), will speak up and point out that in their experience most abortion is used as a form of birth control. They'll see the same women time and time and time again. It's inconvenient, but it's just not really that big of a deal to most of them. They say that while there are certainly those who do struggle with the decision, overwhelmingly, those that they see don't see it that way.
      Abortion is the easy way out for many women. Not the difficult way. They are afraid of the difficult way, having to carry a baby to term, raise it, feed it, take care of it for 18 years. So they choose the EASY way out. Get rid of it without even looking at it.

I think it is AFTER they have the abortion that it hits some of them what they have done. And the guilt remains with them for the rest of their lives. That is when the difficulty comes in.

Comment

LIke I said, you don't actually think it is bad or undesirable. You think it is convenient. You know, women don't get pregnant on their own, so men have as much right discussing abortion as women do. It is their children too. You just have no argument and cannot defend your evil beliefs, so you try to shut up the opposition by telling them that it is none of their business. Human life is everyone's business.

So in conclusion, birth is the preferable option. If the woman does not want to be inconvenienced she can put the baby up for adoption. Or get her tubes tied before getting pregnant.

Comment

• well I think it IS my business. However if you don't think it is YOUR business, then you should just shut up about it.

Comment

well I think it IS my business.
            You think wrongly.

Comment

well I think it IS my business. However if you don't think it is YOUR business, then you should just shut up about it.
              I can only imagine if the situation were reversed and women were telling men like yourself that they have no choice, that its not their decision to make, so shut up and deal with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                You think wrongly.
                It's no less our business than it's our business when a mother drowns her children in the bathtub.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  I can only imagine if the situation were reversed and women were telling men like yourself that they have no choice, that its not their decision to make, so shut up and deal with it.
                  We already legally HAVE no choice. We are excluded from the decision to abort or not, and then forced into 18 years of child support payments. Men have no legal choice already, so you don't have to imagine at all.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    We already legally HAVE no choice. We are excluded from the decision to abort or not, and then forced into 18 years of child support payments. Men have no legal choice already, so you don't have to imagine at all.
                    I'm not talking about a man choice regarding child support, I'm talking about his choice in regards to giving birth. I'm sure that there are many men in the situation of having to pay child support for 18 years, like the women, would opt for choice as well. Most of the people against abortion have no personal stake in the issue at all.
                    Last edited by JimL; 02-10-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I'm not talking about a man choice regarding child support, I'm talking about his choice in regards to giving birth.
                      He has no rights in that. He is basically held hostage by the mother and her "choice".

I'm sure that there are many men in the situation of having to pay child support for 18 years, like the women, would opt for choice as well.
                      But hypocrisy being what it is, there is no choice for us men. We are simply hostages to the whims of the mother.

Most of the people against abortion have no personal stake in the issue at all.
                      Most people against rape have no personal stake in the issue either.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        You think wrongly.
                        I don't care what YOU think. You are not a woman.

Comment

As a man, who thinks men have no say so in the matter, you have no say so in whether I have a say so in the matter. buh-bye.

Comment

As a man, who thinks men have no say so in the matter, you have no say so in whether I have a say so in the matter. buh-bye.

Comment

Just telling you to listen to your own rules on the topic. You and Tassman. You want to shut me up by saying I have no right to discuss the topic. If that is truly what you believe, then neither do you and tassman. So you have no business telling me not to discuss the topic.

Comment

Just telling you to listen to your own rules on the topic. You and Tassman. You want to shut me up by saying I have no right to discuss the topic. If that is truly what you believe, then neither do you and tassman. So you have no business telling me not to discuss the topic.
                                Well that would be true Sparko, but only if someone actually told you that you had no business discussing the topic, but no one did. What was said is that, in our opinion, in the end, the decision itself is none of your business.

Comment