Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dems Trying To Take Down Another Black Man!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems Trying To Take Down Another Black Man!

I guess they never really got over losing all their slaves...

https://twitter.com/ByronDonalds/sta...m-crow-comment
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

“You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together. During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more people voted conservatively,” Donalds said.

Rapper Lil Jon said he was forced to call out Donald Trump for using the racially loaded term "Uncle Tom" while filming a 2013 episode of "The Celebrity Apprentice."

The "Turn Down for What" rapper tweeted late Friday in response to an earlier report about the incident from The Daily Beast, in which former staffers of the reality show claimed then-host Trump repeatedly called Lil Jon "Uncle Tom" despite producers urging him to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      I guess they never really got over losing all their slaves...
      Your usual trolling thread, eh?
      You would get more responses if you would copy/paste the article because I for one am not signed up to X.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        “You see, during Jim Crow, the Black family was together. During Jim Crow, more Black people were not just conservative — Black people have always been conservative-minded — but more people voted conservatively,” Donalds said.

Rapper Lil Jon said he was forced to call out Donald Trump for using the racially loaded term "Uncle Tom" while filming a 2013 episode of "The Celebrity Apprentice."

The "Turn Down for What" rapper tweeted late Friday in response to an earlier report about the incident from The Daily Beast, in which former staffers of the reality show claimed then-host Trump repeatedly called Lil Jon "Uncle Tom" despite producers urging him to stop.
        Considering how often those on the left routinely use the expression "Uncle Tom"[1] to describe blacks who are conservative it is somewhat ironic that someone would complain about its usage.

Btw, what Donalds said is accurate. Under the racist discriminatory practice of the Jim Crow era[2[ strong closely-knit black families were what held the community together.

1. a term which comes from a book that they obviously never read or they'd never use it as an insult.

2 something that, much like the KKK, the Democrats brought into being and promoted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Biden literally denied the blackness of those who didn't vote for him. Hard to get much racist than that.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Btw, what Donalds said is accurate. Under the racist discriminatory practice of the Jim Crow era[2[ strong closely-knit black families were what held the community together.
            He didn't say that.

2 something that, much like the KKK, the Democrats brought into being and promoted.
            That Democratic party vanished during the civil rights era and was absorbed by the Republicans.

But you knew that already.

Not that you'll ever admit it because facts don't matter if lies are more comfortable. Not just you, either. That's how today's Republican party ended up with Trump.

Comment

He didn't say that.

Yes, he basically did say that.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

He didn't say that.
                Actually, he kinda did.

That Democratic party vanished during the civil rights era and was absorbed by the Republicans.
                A myth that will never die. Those old-style racist Democrats remained Democrats to their dying day. Now we have new-style racist Democrats along with anti-Semites.

Not that you'll ever admit it because facts don't matter if lies are more comfortable. Not just you, either. That's how today's Republican party ended up with Trump.
                The Republicans ended up with Trump because the membership was sick and tired of a party leadership that seemed more comfortable being the "loyal opposition" than winning. They wanted someone who would fight back against all of the lies and smears rather than being too gentlemanly to engage in that sort of thing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yes, he basically did say that.
                  No, he didn't.

But he did say under Jim Crow, more blacks voted conservatively.

How Jim Crow-Era Laws Suppressed the African American Vote for Generations

What he didn't say is that under Jim Crow, most blacks were beyond conservative in their voting. They voted only at the risk of their lives.

He didn't say that, either.

Comment

No, he didn't.

What he didn't say is that under Jim Crow, most blacks were beyond conservative in their voting. They voted only at the risk of their lives.

Err, yes he did. That there was less divorce and fatherlessness in the Black families even under Jim Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      A myth that will never die. Those old-style racist Democrats remained Democrats to their dying day.
                      The Great Switch: How the Republican & Democratic Parties Flipped Ideologies
                      In 1964, Democratic president Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act into law. In the 1964 election, Republican candidate Barry Goldwater publicly opposed the new law, arguing that it expanded the power of the federal government to a dangerous level.

It was this argument that led to a final, decisive switch. Black voters, who had historically been loyal to the Republican Party because of the 1866 Civil Rights Act, had already been switching to the Democratic Party.

However, upon hearing Goldwater’s argument against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the majority of Black voters left the Republican Party in favor of the Democrats. They saw the Democratic Party as advocates for equality and justice, while the Republicans were too concerned with keeping the status quo in America.

As the 60s and 70s continued, Democrats sought reform in other places, such as abortion and school prayer. White southern Democrats began to resent how much the Democratic Party was intervening into the rights of the people.

By the 1980s, white southern Democrats had become Republicans, and the majority of the south was now Republican. The Republican Party now is solidly conservative while the Democratic Party is the liberal one.

Comment

Err, yes he did. That there was less divorce and fatherlessness in the Black families even under Jim Crow.
                        Thanks for that endorsement of Jim Crow. Just for the record, did you vote Democrat or Republican in the last election?

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Biden literally denied the blackness of those who didn't vote for him. Hard to get much racist than that.
                          Hard to top his description of Obama.

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy

IOW, according to old Joe, prior to Obama there were no black leaders who were
                          • articulate.
                          • bright
                          • clean
                          • nice-looking

Meaning old Joe thought they were all,
                          • unintelligible: can't speak clearly or plainly
                          • stupid: after all he said that they aren't smart enough to go online (without a white liberal's help, of course)
                          • filthy: it comes from living in a jungle[1]
                          • ugly: 'nuff said.

And he thought that a black person who wasn't unintelligible, stupid, filthy and ugly was such an anomaly that it was literally "storybook" to actually find one.

1. which comes from when old Joe first arrived in Washington and set out to befriend and work hand in glove with the most virulently racist, worst segregationists there. Working with them to fight against desegregating public schools. And why? I'll let old Joe 'splain it to you in his own words from back then. He said that he was opposed school desegregation because it would result in sending his kids to "a jungle, a racial jungle."

"a jungle, a racial jungle."

Interesting that he choose to describe the result of allowing blacks to attend school with whites as being a "jungle" considering it's blatantly racist loaded meaning. I mean it's not a so subtle play on the racist smear that blacks are monkeys living in trees in the jungle.

But wait! There's more.

Joe continued to sing their praises, telling everyone what a swell bunch of guys they were during the debates as he wistfully reminisced about the good of days of segregation and how those that supported it were such nice guys. That prompted his now VP, Kamala Harris, to blast him for "coddl[ing] the reputations of segregationists" and resulted in Sen. Corey Booker questioning Biden's judgement and asking for him to apologize. An unrepentant Biden shot back "Apologize for what?" and then bizarrely demanded an apology from Booker (on Juneteenth no less).

And now, to make it even worse, he has rewritten that history and pretends that he was doing the opposite, that he was "involved with the African American community and the civil rights movement since I’ve been a junior in high school, desegregating movie theaters and the like." Most recently he pretended that he was arrested in Delaware as a teen while protesting for Civil Rights.

Comment

Thanks for that endorsement of Jim Crow. Just for the record, did you vote Democrat or Republican in the last election?
                            Next time maybe try addressing the historical facts rather than trying to deflect away from them with phony accusations.

Just an idea.

Comment

No, he didn't.

Yes, he did say that black families were more closely knit and more conservatively minded during Jim Crow. What he didn't say is that black families were better off during Jim Crow, which is what the liberal media is untruthfully reporting.

But you don't have to take my word for it. This is what Donaldson himself said in the Twitter video that seer linked to in his opening post:

"America, the Joe Biden campaign is lying to you once again in their gaslighting. Now they're trying to say that I said black people were doing better under Jim Crow. I never said that. They are lying [...] What I said is that you had more black families under Jim Crow, and it was the Democrat policies under HEW, under the welfare state that did help to destroy the black family. That's what I said. And I also said you are seeing a re-invigoration of black families today in America, and that's a good thing.

"So don't listen to the lies of the Biden administration. I know what I said, and I will say it straight to camera. They gotta run to the Philadelphia Inquirer to move their lies."

There's also this:

Those remarks made the rounds Wednesday, sparking criticism from others in the Black community — including his colleagues.

[...]

“What you are dealing with right now is a political environment where now anything I might say or any major surrogate might say is going to be twisted into the lens of race,” Donalds said. “That was never the point.”

Phillip replied, “but when you talk about that time period, you’re suggesting that because the Black family was together, they were better off than they are now.”

Donalds said he “never” suggested that [...] “What America is seeing right now, especially Black America, is the gaslighting that unfortunately does happen in politics, where you take my comments and you want to weave your own political viewpoint into what I say."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...twisted-words/
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment