Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden escalates war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post

So, a treasonous,
    Never happened

insurrectionist,
    Never happened

authoritarian,
    Never happened

convicted rapist,
    Civil liability (eta: meaning lower burden of proof) for sexual assault under an unconstitutional law with more than a decade before going public with insistancies which followed the plot of a tv show.

felon,
    There was no predicate crime to escalate misdemeanors

admirer of dictators
    You're thinking of Biden and Whinne the Pooh (Xi)

who disrespects our dead heros
    Never happened

is better than anyone that's at Democrat.
    And I Thank you for outing yourself.
    I've never hidden my disdain for either Republicans or Democrats but the former is the lesser of the two evils. Perhaps if Democrat policies and agendas weren't so horrible, I'd reconsider.

ETA: As I've said elsewhere, the least reason to vote for the Republican nominee is due to SCOTUS.
    Last edited by Diogenes; 06-06-2024, 05:14 PM.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Never happened
      In denial

Never happened
      In denial

Never happened
      In denial

Civil liability (eta: meaning lower burden of proof) for sexual assault under an unconstitutional law with more than a decade before going public with insistancies which followed the plot of a tv show.
      Still, in denial, seeking excuses.

There was no predicate crime to escalate misdemeanors

You're thinking of Biden and Whinne the Pooh (Xi)
      Once again, in denial.

Never happened
      And again!

Ive never hidden my disdain for either Republicans or Democrats but the former is the lesser of the two evils. Perhaps if Democrat policies and agendas weren't so horrible, I'd reconsider
      More lame excuses.

ETA: As I've said elsewhere, the least reason to vote for the Republican nominee is due to SCOTUS.
      You mean the majority Right wing Republican appointed corrupt SCOTUS who not only take millions in bribes/gifts from the wealthy who have business before the court, and who refuse to recuse themselves in instances of conflict of interests like Justice Thomas who not only takes bribes but whose wife is implicated in the Jan. 6th case, and Alitio, who not only takes bribes, but who flies the American flag upside down in allegiance with the jan.6th mobs and militias who attacked the Capital.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't think you're dumb enough to really be in denial of all that, I think you're just denying what you know to be the truth.

Comment

In denial

In denial

In denial

Once again, in denial.

And again!

More lame excuses.
        I've never been to Egypt.

You mean the majority Right wing Republican appointed corrupt SCOTUS who not only take millions in bribes/gifts from the wealthy who have business before the court, and who refuse to recuse themselves in instances of conflict of interests like Justice Thomas who not only takes bribes but whose wife is implicated in the Jan. 6th case,
        RBG famously refused to recuse herself after making comments about Trump's travel ban after her comments about Trump on the campaign. Kagan should have recused herself on King v Burwell. Sotomayor didn't recuse herself in a case with her publisher.

and Alitio, who not only takes bribes, but who flies the American flag upside down in allegiance with the jan.6th mobs and militias who attacked the Capital.
        Given the state of the country in general, an upside down flag isn't inappropriate. People have the freedom of speech even to the point of burning the flag.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by View Post

"Other reports." LOL. The report came from John Kelly, who was Trump's Chief of staff, along with four other of his accompanying staff at the time of the visit. And if you had a thinking brain of your own, you'd have realized how stupid the excuses, the so called"other reports" that you readily swallowed, were.
          I suppose Trump didn't disparage Sen. McCain either after being shot down, imprisoned and tortured saying "he was only a hero because he was captured alright, I like people who aren't captured." Don't be such a dupe, MM.
          If you know anything about John Kelly, then you would he is not a reputable person who was caught telling numerous lies before being unceremoniously dismissed as Trump's chief of staff.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Then you are an idiot...
            Not exactly a Fox News Alert.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Not exactly a Fox News Alert.
              Fox News issues an alert when someone blinks.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Fox News issues an alert when someone blinks.
                Like any weather report on your local news. "STORM WATCH" or "FIRST-ALERT WEATHER" or "WEATHER THREAT REPORT". They hate it when it's just mild and sunny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Like any weather report on your local news. "STORM WATCH" or "FIRST-ALERT WEATHER" or "WEATHER THREAT REPORT". They hate it when it's just mild and sunny.
                  Many years ago in my former life as a TV news videographer, our station meteorologist confidently predicted that the city would see nothing more than a dusting of snow overnight. Very early the next morning, I was awoken by my phone ringing. It was our chief videographer saying the news director was calling for all hands on deck because of the historic overnight snowfall, something like three feet in less than ten hours. Our meteorologist never lived that one down. About a decade later, after correctly predicting a large snowfall, a wag posted on the station's Facebook page, "Good thing he didn't predict a dusting!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Many years ago in my former life as a TV news videographer, our station meteorologist confidently predicted that the city would see nothing more than a dusting of snow overnight. Very early the next morning, I was awoken by my phone ringing. It was our chief videographer saying the news director was calling for all hands on deck because of the historic overnight snowfall, something like three feet in less than ten hours. Our meteorologist never lived that one down. About a decade later, after correctly predicting a large snowfall, a wag posted on the station's Facebook page, "Good thing he didn't predict a dusting!"
                    In my current locale, they usually over-hype the weather rather than downplay it.

IIRC the "STORM WATCH" weather report is from one of the Los Angeles TV stations. We used to laugh that one up because they had a graphic that introduced it with lightning and what looked like a tornado. Of course, L.A. gets about one storm a year, and those usually don't include lightning, much less tornados.

Comment

The only reason one needs to vote for Trump is that Biden has a (D) next to his name on the ballot.
                      The reasons to vote against old Joe are numerous as anyone who looks at the state of the country under him can see.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In my current locale, they usually over-hype the weather rather than downplay it.

IIRC the "STORM WATCH" weather report is from one of the Los Angeles TV stations. We used to laugh that one up because they had a graphic that introduced it with lightning and what looked like a tornado. Of course, L.A. gets about one storm a year, and those usually don't include lightning, much less tornados.
                        It's because surveys showed that most people used to watch local news for the weather report, so stations started trying to make their weather segment the most exciting thing ever when what people really wanted to know is "Will it rain tomorrow?"

Comment

Originally posted by ]Diogenes View Post

I've never been to Egypt.
                          Well you're drowning in denial now!!

RBG famously refused to recuse herself after making comments about Trump's travel ban after her comments about Trump on the campaign. Kagan should have recused herself on King v Burwell. Sotomayor didn't recuse herself in a case with her publisher.
                          More excuses!!

Given the state of the country in general, an upside down flag isn't inappropriate.people have the freedom of speech even to the point of burning the flag.
                          You mean being that the country is in better shape economically than any economist had predicted when Biden took over, and how it has come thru the pandemic driven economic disaster in better shape than any major country in the world? Is that what you mean by the "current state of the country?"
                          And free speech is fine, but if a Supreme Court judge is going to take bribes and show allegiance to insurrectionists then he can't be allowed to rule in such cases. There needs to be some sort of oversight and rules that need be adhered to by SCOTUS or they become Kings not Judges.

Comment

You mean being that the country is in better shape economically than any economist had predicted when Biden took over, and how it has come thru the pandemic driven economic disaster in better shape than any major country in the world? Is that what you mean by the "current state of the country?"
                            Both the "current state of the country" and even the "current state of the economy" are broader in scope to what economagicians (who likely subscribe to MMT ) say or predict.

And free speech is fine, but if a Supreme Court judge is going to take bribes and [allegedly] show allegiance to [alleged] insurrectionists then he can't be allowed to rule in such cases. There needs to be some sort of oversight and rules that need be adhered to by SCOTUS or they become Kings not Judges.
                            Congress has the power to impeach and try judges. You would first need to prove Alito did so with such intent. You don't seem to care about recusal when it comes to leftist judges. Also, following your logic, KBJ should recuse herself from any cases regarding Title IX or other cases involving women since she state under oath she does not know what constitutes a woman. She should also be investigated to see if she perjured herself when she made knowingly statements when claiming to know she was a woman on forms when she does not know what constitutes a woman.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

And my dear old Dad called them "the Weather Guessers".
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Both the "current state of the country" and even the "current state of the economy" are broader in scope to what economagicians (who likely subscribe to MMT ) say or predict.
                                Then perhaps you should define what you mean by the "current state of the country" which you imply to be bad and attribute to Biden

Congress has the power to impeach and try judges. You would first need to prove Alito did so with such intent. You don't seem to care about recusal when it comes to leftist judges. Also, following your logic, KBJ should recuse herself from any cases regarding Title IX or other cases involving women since she state under oath she does not know what constitutes a woman. She should also be investigated to see if she perjured herself when she made knowingly statements when claiming to know she was a woman on forms when she does not know what constitutes a woman
                                Well, regardless, the present system of maintaining ethical accountability isn't working and the right wing justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, and even Roberts are abusing their power with the acceptance of Bribes/gifts, sweet business deals ect. And nothing is being done about it. They are left to police themselves so to speak, and they are failing to do so.
                                If you want to argue it happens on the left as well, perhaps it does, but it's an apples to oranges comparison and the point remains, when people lose trust in in the highest court in the land, then they've lost trust in tha justice system period.

Comment