Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Evidence that Democrats Are Totalitarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Tucker's opening segment tonight (Thurs. Jan. 20, 2022) was fascinating. He very much takes a "Why should we give two craps about Ukraine?" attitude. (I think Laura sort of does also. But I didn't get to see her show tonight.) He showed clips of lots of people from "both sides of the aisle" essentially pushing for war.
    Well Biden cares about Ukraine because Hunter sold access to his dad to the Ukraine in return for cash remember? They own Biden

Or maybe Biden wants Russia to take them over so he can get out from under Hunter's deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well Biden cares about Ukraine because Hunter sold access to his dad to the Ukraine in return for cash remember? They own Biden

Or maybe Biden wants Russia to take them over so he can get out from under Hunter's deal?
      What's so creepy about all this is if you dare express indifference towards Ukraine and the so-called "crisis" and why we as Americans should even care, you'll be instantly dubbed a traitor or a Putin puppet by the Democrat blue check brigade on twitter. It's the most bizarre cultish behavior I've ever seen probably only second to the covid cult.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

What's so creepy about all this is if you dare express indifference towards Ukraine and the so-called "crisis" and why we as Americans should even care, you'll be instantly dubbed a traitor or a Putin puppet by the Democrat blue check brigade on twitter. It's the most bizarre cultish behavior I've ever seen probably only second to the covid cult.
        And the Democrats (e.g. Biden) are the ones enabling Russia to invade Ukraine with their weakness and "strongly worded letters and tweets" - Not to mention now China is testing the waters and doing flyovers of Taiwan with fighter jets, and North Korea is testing missiles again. They are all getting bold because of Biden's weakness and dementia.

Biden is going to start WW3 because eventually one of these countries is actually going to invade or start a war and we will have to respond. Say what you will about Trump but the bullies of the world were afraid of him. Whether because they thought he was a nutjob or because they respected him, either way they were afraid to start anything. But after Biden's big flop in withdrawing from Afganistan, and his dumb comments about "small incursions" - the bullies are not afraid of the USA any longer.

Comment

And the Democrats (e.g. Biden) are the ones enabling Russia to invade Ukraine with their weakness and "strongly worded letters and tweets" - Not to mention now China is testing the waters and doing flyovers of Taiwan with fighter jets, and North Korea is testing missiles again. They are all getting bold because of Biden's weakness and dementia.

Biden is going to start WW3 because eventually one of these countries is actually going to invade or start a war and we will have to respond. Say what you will about Trump but the bullies of the world were afraid of him. Whether because they thought he was a nutjob or because they respected him, either way they were afraid to start anything. But after Biden's big flop in withdrawing from Afganistan, and his dumb comments about "small incursions" - the bullies are not afraid of the USA any longer.
          After old Joe's thumbs up to a Russian invasion of Ukraine (but only a "small incursion") we have begun withdrawing the families of American diplomats which will naturally be seen as another green light.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Well, if Trump hadn't been so aggressive towards them, Biden wouldn't have had to soften his stance to repair the standing of the United States. This means the fact that Biden's words and actions are enticing more challenges is Trump's fault. We told you that Trump's aggression towards countries like China and North Korea would end up starting WW3 and we were right.

Comment

I honestly don't see much difference between the left and right in regards to warmongering and war rhetoric in regards to Ukraine. I'm just trying to find a reason why we should care about Ukraine. The left accuses you of being a Putin puppet for even daring to ask that question. I know the war hawks used "to fight the spread of communism" to get the troops all fired up about fighting a war in Vietnam. But that's going to be kind of a tough sell this time being that Russia is not really communistic.

Comment

I honestly don't see much difference between the left and right in regards to warmongering and war rhetoric in regards to Ukraine. I'm just trying to find a reason why we should care about Ukraine. The left accuses you of being a Putin puppet for even daring to ask that question. I know the war hawks used "to fight the spread of communism" to get the troops all fired up about fighting a war in Vietnam. But that's going to be kind of a tough sell this time being that Russia is not really communistic.
                Same. This is something we shouldn't particularly have any involvement in. Especially after what we did in Afghanistan and Iraq, we have zero ground to stand on here to boot.

And yeah it looks like both extremes are interested in warmongering and war rhetoric here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Same. This is something we shouldn't particularly have any involvement in. Especially after what we did in Afghanistan and Iraq, we have zero ground to stand on here to boot.

And yeah it looks like both extremes are interested in warmongering and war rhetoric here.
                  Yup.

But I should clarify, lest I'm misunderstood by others as being some kind of peacenik or pacifist. I could less if we go to war with Russia. I'm not in the military, nor am I close with anyone in the military. I also don't really care about a nuclear war. If it happens it happens, so be it.

I just like to have practical reasons for things, and I see no practical reason whatsoever for Americans to care about Ukraine. If the situation was like nazi Germany, and Ukrainians would get indiscriminately exterminated under Russian control, then maybe I can see a pro-meddling argument. But I highly doubt that would happen under the circumstances, since that isn't Russia's objective.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Right, if these leftists were fully in charge I have no doubt that we would look like Australia...
                    ... and have 850,000 less COVID fatalities?

(That's after correcting for population size)
                    Last edited by Roy; 01-25-2022, 06:17 AM.
                    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Yup.

But I should clarify, lest I'm misunderstood by others as being some kind of peacenik or pacifist. I could less if we go to war with Russia. I'm not in the military, nor am I close with anyone in the military. I also don't really care about a nuclear war. If it happens it happens, so be it.

I just like to have practical reasons for things, and I see no practical reason whatsoever for Americans to care about Ukraine. If the situation was like nazi Germany, and Ukrainians would get indiscriminately exterminated under Russian control, then maybe I can see a pro-meddling argument. But I highly doubt that would happen under the circumstances, since that isn't Russia's objective.
                      I'm sort of in this same boat. I'm from the era when Russia was the Big Bad that we figured we'd eventually have to really face off with. That was all through my formative years, so that is deeply ingrained in me. Even if I don't "think" that way, I still somewhat "feel" that way. Plus, there's a desire to want to protect the small and weak from the big and predatory. But in regard to that latter reason, I don't know how fully it applies in this context. As I understand it, quite a few Ukrainians would *like* to (re)unite with Russia.

Those are all "feels" issues. I'm not sure what real "practical" reasons are being claimed. Even without directly engaging militarily, the stuff we are doing and have threatened to do all seem counterproductive. Committing military resources to the area is provocative, and lessens our already pitiful ability to respond to Chicom provocations. Cutting off Ruskie access to technological doo-dads will hurt the populace, not the decision-makers, and will push Russia to tighten ties with China.

AFAICT, everything we're talking about doing will weaken us, strengthen China, and not really harm Russia or help Ukraine.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

But that's going to be kind of a tough sell this time being that Russia is not really communistic.
                        What if Russia invades and accidently kills American citizens or diplomats?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

That would be Trump's fault.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            ... and have 850,000 less COVID fatalities?

(That's after correcting for population size)
                            I'm sure that other totalitarian regimes do well too...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              After old Joe's thumbs up to a Russian invasion of Ukraine (but only a "small incursion") we have begun withdrawing the families of American diplomats which will naturally be seen as another green light.
                              To be fair, after the handling of Afghanistan, I can't find much to blame them for wrt withdrawing diplomats and families.

Comment

Sucks to be them I guess. They're fools if they didn't weigh the cost of working/living overseas as a US citizen. If they're doing missionary work, then they've got the Lord on their side. I don't see that as a practical reason to start WW3 and the dire consequences that follow, but maybe that's just me.

Comment