Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More Evidence that Democrats Are Totalitarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Every time somebody jumps on that "popular vote" thing, it's like "well, The Dallas Cowboys threw more passes than the other guys", or "The Braves got more hits"....

Everybody knew very well how the "game" was won, and everybody played to the Electoral College - both sides.
    The Braves won the World Series

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The Braves won the World Series
      Cause they got more hits than the Astros?

(OK, in this case that analogy ain't so good, cause they got more total hits (48-45, if I remember) and more total runs (29-22) )
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Sorry bud, but there is not only comparison, it is literally the next step to the election integrity game that democrats have been building up to since Bush v. Gore.

They started it in Bush/Gore, continued it in Bush/Kerry, have routinely brought up electronic voting problems and hacking issues, and then in 2016 continued to build with attempts to delegitimize Trump's presidency. Trump simply took it the next logical step, and Democrats are pissed off that he leapt onto their hard work and wasted it. Because now they can't take that next step anytime soon, what with their reaction.

Now isn't it interesting that Elizabeth Warren and all the other Dems who were bleating about electronic voting safety and hacking concerns all the way up until 2018, have suddenly been dead silent since then? The issues they raised haven't magically been fixed by a law, nor by a potion. So why the sudden silence, and now any questioning is a 'conspiracy theory'?

You need to use that noggin.
        Trump took the next logical step?

you are really going to advocate for what Trump did as the next logical step?

Where is it that bald faced lies about the election are EVER the next logical step. How could it be that destroying what trust was left was 'the next logical step?

And what is that next 'next logical step' going to be? Have you thought about what that might be? Are you really willing to advocate for these next steps each more destructive than the last?

Is there ever a point when the 'next logical step' would be to turn back from the precpice and save the nation rather than winning the petty fight that rips the nation in two - what dogma or political cause before us today is worth the destruction of our nation?

I would say the next logical step was not to incite the insurrection and with whole abandon undermine the hope of fair and free elections. I would say the next logical step in 2020 was to put country before self and concede as his predecessors did and THEN return to fight another day for their ideals and hopes and dreams.

ThAT was the next logical step. Now we hang by a thread over the precipice of a failed democracy. And it will take ALL of us rejecting what Trump has done not to go over that edge.

When there is a precipice before us and the crowd is moving towards it distracted and not paying attention to its danger - the next logical step is NOT to cut a plan to drag the crowd over the cliff.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-19-2022, 08:08 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Advocate for him? No. State basic facts, given the steps Democrats took, yes. You can read, can't you?

Where is it that bald faced lies about the election are EVER the next logical step. How could it be that destroying what trust was left was 'the next logical step?
          Democrats told bald faced lies in 2016, that ain't remotely new, bud.

And what is that next 'next logical step' going to be? Have you thought about what that might be? Are you really willing to advocate for these next steps each more destructive than the last?
          The next next logical step would be straight up totalitarian takeover by the Dems. And Trump ruined it for them.

Is there ever a poibt when the 'next logical step' would be to turn back from the precpice and save the nation rather than win whatever petty fight drives you to self destruction?
          Not when leftists are involved.

I would say the next logical step was not to incite the insurrection and with whole abandon undermine the hope of fair and free elections. I would say the next logical step in 2020 was to put country before self and concede and THEN return to fight another day for your ideals and hopes and dreams.
          Dude, with dems in 2016, we literally saw riots in the streets after the election. That most certainly was the next logical step by Dems if things had not gone their way.

ThAT was the next logical step. Now we hang by a thread over the precipice of a failed democracy. And it will take ALL of us rejecting what Trump has done not to go over that edge.
          It will take people like you recognizing that this is something Dems have been working toward for two decades, for any step back from the edge to take place.

When there is a precipice before you and the crowd moving towards it distracted and not paying attention to the danger - the next logical step is NOT to drag the crowd over the cliff.
          See above.

Comment

Is there ever a point when the 'next logical step' would be to turn back from the precpice and save the nation rather than winning the petty fight that rips the nation in two - what dogma or political cause before us today is worth the destruction of our nation?

I would say the next logical step was not to incite the insurrection and with whole abandon undermine the hope of fair and free elections. I would say the next logical step in 2020 was to put country before self and concede as his predecessors did and THEN return to fight another day for their ideals and hopes and dreams.

When there is a precipice before us and the crowd is moving towards it distracted and not paying attention to its danger - the next logical step is NOT to cut a plan to drag the crowd over the cliff.
            You are misinterpreting what is meant by "next logical step". Whether that is deliberate or not I leave to you to explain.

"Next Logical step" isn't meant to convey that it's the step that SHOULD BE taken. It's meant to convey that given the steady build up of contesting elections (gore, clinton, abrhams, dc riots), AND given the preceeding 4 years of politically motivated violence directed at trump/conservatives. That it is to be expected that the next step that is logically expected in the escalation would be something like Jan 6th.

If you see a car going 80MPH towards a wall, and you know the brakes aren't being hit, you conclude the next logical step is that the car will hit the wall. That's not an endorsement, its the expectation given the evidence laid out.

Comment

It's over Biden declared.

Gore challenged Bush. When the challenges failed, he conceded, and the peaceful transfer of power continued as it always has.

Likewise Clinton. When the legal challenges were exhausted, it was over. They conceded. The peaceful transfer of power took place as it always has.

Not so Trump. Trump lost not on the subjective judgment of a hanging Chad, not with the sour taste of knowing external influences tried to manipulate the outcome and with a clear popular majority countered by the electoral college, but with a resounding and overwhelming 7 million votes: 53% to 46% AND the electoral college.. TRUMP LOST BIG. Yet he did NOT concede. Rather he spread a lie that resulted in thousands storming the Capitol while it was in session, threatening the lives of the VP and speaker and others,, and attempting to stop the lawful certification of that election.

There is no comparison. Gore, Clinton, they did what the country needed them to do when the legal means for challenge were exhausted and the country needed them to accept their own defeat

Trump did not, and has not yet, setting the stage for even more violence,, even more unrest.
              Hillary Clinton is still telling folks that the 2016 election was stolen, and IIRC the 2000 election as well. Hillary also proclaimed that the left would not be civil (i.e., continue rioting) until they were back in power (notice the lack of nightly riots?).

John Lewis, who the steal the vote legislation is named after, insisted that every single time the Republicans won it was through fraud.

Here in Georgia, one of the MSM's latest darlings, Stacey Abrams, will not concede that she lost in 2020.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You are misinterpreting what is meant by "next logical step". Whether that is deliberate or not I leave to you to explain.

"Next Logical step" isn't meant to convey that it's the step that SHOULD BE taken. It's meant to convey that given the steady build up of contesting elections (gore, clinton, abrhams, dc riots), AND given the preceeding 4 years of politically motivated violence directed at trump/conservatives. That it is to be expected that the next step that is logically expected in the escalation would be something like Jan 6th.

If you see a car going 80MPH towards a wall, and you know the brakes aren't being hit, you conclude the next logical step is that the car will hit the wall. That's not an endorsement, its the expectation given the evidence laid out.

The next logical step, if the Republicans win in 2022 and 2024, is a return to months of rioting, looting and killing that the left will insist is mostly peaceful. Also, more violent attacks against politicians like the softball shooting.

Comment

John Lewis, who the steal the vote legislation is named after, insisted that every single time the Republicans won it was through fraud.
                  And in his stumbling, bumbling press conference yesterday, Joe said that if the Republicans sweep into power in November that we should question the legitimacy of the election, a statement that even CNN described as "jarring".
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And in his stumbling, bumbling press conference yesterday, Joe said that if the Republicans sweep into power in November that we should question the legitimacy of the election, a statement that even CNN described as "jarring".
                    But all of this is to be ignored as the left turns on the gaslights.

Comment

It's dizzying to keep track of, but here's a rough outline of how election outcomes and legitimacy work out according to Democrats: Trump's win in 2016? Obviously Russia hacked our election. Biden's win in 2020? The most secure election in history. Midterm elections in 2022 predicted to be a bloodbath for Democrats? We'll see, but probably illegitimate if Biden doesn't get his way.

Biden's uncertainty about whether or not he'll accept the midterms' results is a bit of a quiet-part-out-loud situation. Both the question about whether or not the midterms will be fair and legitimate and Biden's answer are laying the groundwork for Democrats to engage in rampant denial of election outcomes nationwide. The same thing for which Republicans are castigated endlessly.

It's pretty easy to imagine the Democrats' reaction if a Republican gave the same answer as Biden.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...imacy-n2602084

Comment

The next logical step, if the Republicans win in 2022 and 2024, is a return to months of rioting, looting and killing that the left will insist is mostly peaceful. Also, more violent attacks against politicians like the softball shooting.
                        There's this perception from those like Ox that the left's bad actions are merely a response to, influenced by, or driven by republican actions. Yet, at the same time, republican bad actions spring fully formed without any influence whatsoever from democrat's actions. Republicans just do bad things, and democrats only do bad things in response.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

There's this perception from those like Ox that the left's bad actions are merely a response to, influenced by, or driven by republican actions. Yet, at the same time, republican bad actions spring fully formed without any influence whatsoever from democrat's actions. Republicans just do bad things, and democrats only do bad things in response.

Comment

It's more than just "Republicans made me". It's this refusal to admit that the influence goes both ways. Democrats rhetoric was harsh because Trump's rhetoric was harsh. But there's no way that liberal violence and riots would ever influence republicans to also be violent and riotous.

Fivethirtyeight.com had an article with a talking head who complained that if republicans didn't treat Jan 6 as serious, it could loosen political norms and lead to more violence down the road.

I agree with his sentiment, but it ignores how the violence of the last 4 years wasn't taken seriously, and had already loosened political norms. Again, it was like Jan 6th popped up in a vacuum fully formed, and anything prior to that could not have had any influence on the situation.
                            Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 01-20-2022, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That presser was sad...
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

That presser was sad...
                                James Carville thought that Joe staying on his feet without drooling was an amazing performance and proved that he was strong and healthy.

Comment