Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The irony of President Trump is that he had liberals bemoaning the fact that he was the first president in decades to actually keep his campaign promises.
    How many prior administrations had claimed they supported the notion of moving the US Embassy to Israel to Jerusalem?
    Then, when Trump announced he would do it, there was all the "sky is falling" wailing of the liberals who knew Trump was going to get the "Arab Street" mad at us.

When has the "Arab Street" NOT been mad at us?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    During the primaries I was ANYONE But Trump. I started out backing Walker and then basically anyone who looked like they could stop Trump. I didn't trust him considering he had flip-flopped on numerous issues including abortion, gun control, immigration and Obamacare and figured he was just saying what he thought voters wanted to hear. I ended up voting against Hillary in the general election and I was actually quite surprise that Trump actually lived up to his word much better than the average politician.
    The irony of President Trump is that he had liberals bemoaning the fact that he was the first president in decades to actually keep his campaign promises.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

In 2015, I was aggressively anti-Trump. My preferences were Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, and Rand Paul. I thought some of Bad Orange Man's behavior was abominable (but did find many things humorous), and did not trust him to do what he promised. When he ended up winning the nomination, I seriously considered abstaining. Even on the drive to the polling place and while standing in line, I was leaning in that direction, while praying for guidance. While praying, things came to mind: It mattered to me a *little* bit that Laura Ingraham liked Bad Orange Man; that Hannity assured BOM would govern as a conservative; that BOM rivals like Carson and even Cruz supported him. Frankly, it mattered more that the mainstream media, who had seemed thrilled with his candidacy most of the way, went ape-crap-poplectic when it became apparent he might actually win. And something that really got me was George Will and his ilk, who went beyond abstaining from voting for BOM and went as far as hoping for a Hillary landslide to basically teach us Great Unwashed a lesson. That showed me that he was just another elitist and "intellectual" who neither understood nor had any interest in regular people, nor in conservatism. I interpreted that rush of recollections as the answer to my prayer for guidance, voted for the Bad Orange Man, and have had zero regrets.
    During the primaries I was ANYONE But Trump. I started out backing Walker and then basically anyone who looked like they could stop Trump. I didn't trust him considering he had flip-flopped on numerous issues including abortion, gun control, immigration and Obamacare and figured he was just saying what he thought voters wanted to hear. I ended up voting against Hillary in the general election and I was actually quite surprise that Trump actually lived up to his word much better than the average politician.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Me too neither.

(Well, in the Sprit I don't, but in the flesh, it'd be interesting to see the liberals go even more psycho nuts)
    In 2015, I was aggressively anti-Trump. My preferences were Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, and Rand Paul. I thought some of Bad Orange Man's behavior was abominable (but did find many things humorous), and did not trust him to do what he promised. When he ended up winning the nomination, I seriously considered abstaining. Even on the drive to the polling place and while standing in line, I was leaning in that direction, while praying for guidance. While praying, things came to mind: It mattered to me a *little* bit that Laura Ingraham liked Bad Orange Man; that Hannity assured BOM would govern as a conservative; that BOM rivals like Carson and even Cruz supported him. Frankly, it mattered more that the mainstream media, who had seemed thrilled with his candidacy most of the way, went ape-crap-poplectic when it became apparent he might actually win. And something that really got me was George Will and his ilk, who went beyond abstaining from voting for BOM and went as far as hoping for a Hillary landslide to basically teach us Great Unwashed a lesson. That showed me that he was just another elitist and "intellectual" who neither understood nor had any interest in regular people, nor in conservatism. I interpreted that rush of recollections as the answer to my prayer for guidance, voted for the Bad Orange Man, and have had zero regrets.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    I really don't want Trump running in 2024
    The only way there will be earthly justice for the 2020 election shenanigans is if Bad Orange Man runs *and wins* in 2024.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    The thought of a President Harris has pretty much stifled any discussion about invoking the 25A.
    Yeah she's insurance against that.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    The thought of a President Harris has pretty much stifled any discussion about invoking the 25A.
    She doesn't exist.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

...Anything would be an improvement on Biden.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Are you sure? Being a zombie would sure go a long ways in explaining old Joe.
    I edited my post above to make it clear I am speaking of creating a zombie AI like in Back to the Future! Reagan Headroom! Anything would be an improvement on Biden.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I think we should resurrect Ronald Reagan for 2024. First zombie POTUS ever!
    Are you sure? Being a zombie would sure go a long ways in explaining old Joe.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I think we should resurrect Ronald Reagan for 2024. First zombie AI POTUS ever!

reagan.jpg
    Last edited by Sparko; 10-20-2021, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Interesting that the number for Indeps is exactly the same for the nation as a whole.
    Yes, I'm not sure that wasn't a typo.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Read this today

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3825

78% Of Republicans Want To See Trump Run For President In 2024

Nearly one year after the 2020 presidential election, a majority of Americans (58 - 35 percent) say they do not want to see Donald Trump run for president in 2024, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of adults released today. Democrats say 94 - 4 percent and independents say 58 - 35 percent that they do not want to see Trump run.

The more important percentage is from independents. Time for new candidates.
    Interesting that the number for Indeps is exactly the same for the nation as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Read this today

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3825

78% Of Republicans Want To See Trump Run For President In 2024

Nearly one year after the 2020 presidential election, a majority of Americans (58 - 35 percent) say they do not want to see Donald Trump run for president in 2024, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea-ack) University national poll of adults released today. Democrats say 94 - 4 percent and independents say 58 - 35 percent that they do not want to see Trump run.

The more important percentage is from independents. Time for new candidates.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'd love to see Rand Paul give it another go.
    Paul has more name recognition this time around.

But his problem is that this current generation of voters (sorry to say) are too stupid to elect someone who isn't offering freebies. Trump's election was fueled by middle class frustration (IMO) but Paul doesn't deliver the same messages. He's about fiscal restraint and preserving the Constitution. Millennials will say "That's boring. What do I get out of it?"

So, I have no hope for the immediate future of this country. Future generations will need to sort it out.

Leave a comment: