Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Out of curiosity, in terms of dollars, how much damage was done to the Capitol on January 6 versus the damage done during an average BLM/Antifa "peaceful protest" from 2016 to 2020?

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

no - the claim he didn't is fake news. The claim he wasn't indicted therefore he didn't do it is spin. And no, the democrats have not in either the 20th or 21st centuries incited a violent insurrection where people broke into the capitol building shouting death threats to the vice president and the house speaker and whose purpose was to stop the certification of a presidential election. (I'm not saying 'never ever' because someone might try to claim some event in during the civil war matches the description)
    Not this century, huh? Does 2018 count? I mean it was so very long ago. Not the process for the president (which IIRC was only delayed a few hours) but a Supreme Court Justice (causing a delay of two days). And while in January 6th, in spite of AOC's histrionics, no Congressman was ever in any danger from the raging mob.

Contrast that to the Kavanaugh confirmation where a couple even forced their was on to an elevator with a Senator refusing to allow the Senator out or the elevator move until the coerced him into asking the FBI do one more investigation of the allegations against Kavanaugh. They were praised for their actions on the evening news broadcasts and CNN.

Prior to that you had several of the "usual suspects" in Congress urging people to confront their Congressman and let your voice be heard. The same sort of rhetoric that you accuse Trump of using that 'incited' some to acts of violence and severe stupidity.

CapitolBreachAP21149461169983-e1622303012574.jpg37888314-9138481-Jacob_Anthony_Chansley_is_pictures_as_he_occupied_the_Senate_dai-a-192_1610472879278.jpg
    Regardless of what else, this guy's chief offense will always be First Degree Stupidity, or Aggravated Idiocy.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't have any reason not to trust President Trump. He may be uncouth, he may be a cut throat businessman who skirts the line of ethics and morality, he may be a philanderer who inexplicably cheated on his incredibly hot supermodel wife, but as president, he made a lot of right decisions, implemented a lot of right policies, and did a hell of a lot of good for this country, good that Joe and his puppet masters have been determined to stamp out as quickly as possible.
    I didn't trust him because of some of the cretins he picked to run in his cabinet. most of which made no sense. And the way he's pushing the jab on folks now, I'm not 100% certain he wouldn't have supported mandates. But he was by far the lesser evil, and there was no doubt the opposition relentlessly against him was the establishment and that's a sure sign to me he was definitely the lesser evil.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

Same here. But I still didn't trust him. My vote for Trump in 2020 was specifically a vote against what we're seeing now.
    I don't have any reason not to trust President Trump. He may be uncouth, he may be a cut throat businessman who skirts the line of ethics and morality, he may be a philanderer who inexplicably cheated on his incredibly hot supermodel wife, but as president, he made a lot of right decisions, implemented a lot of right policies, and did a hell of a lot of good for this country, good that Joe and his puppet masters have been determined to stamp out as quickly as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post

Same here. But I still didn't trust him. My vote for Trump in 2020 was specifically a vote against what we're seeing now.
    That's a good point -- had Biden NOT won, we wouldn't be seeing so much of the crap we're seeing.

MAY, I could use some mean tweets right now.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That includes me. I didn't trust him the first time around. Once I saw that he wasn't going to start any wars or trash the economy, I voted for him the second time around.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

I was mistaken when I said the statement was deleted from Trump's website. It is still there, but for some reason the link has changed. New link below:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-q79xan5ntu868
    That's not at all unusual when a news site posts an initial link, then begins to archive where the link needs to follow specific protocols.

Leave a comment:

• Reepicheep
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Which makes sense. He often blabbered on his Twitter account, publishing the first thing that would pop into his head on any subject. The man has a delayed "filter."
    I was mistaken when I said the statement was deleted from Trump's website. It is still there, but for some reason the link has changed. New link below:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-q79xan5ntu868

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    The first is fake news of the worst sort whereas the other two were exactly what the Democrats were doing for four years and you thought it was grand then.
    no - the claim he didn't is fake news. The claim he wasn't indicted therefore he didn't do it is spin. And no, the democrats have not in either the 20th or 21st centuries incited a violent insurrection where people broke into the capitol building shouting death threats to the vice president and the house speaker and whose purpose was to stop the certification of a presidential election. (I'm not saying 'never ever' because someone might try to claim some event in during the civil war matches the description)
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-15-2021, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    By "us," I'm assuming you're including yourself in the crowd that believes Biden didn't lose the election.
    He's POTUS - to me, that's simply a fact of life.

Good for you, but, ya know, watch yer back, preacher.
    I don't live in fear, teacher.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Most of us are aware that Biden is POTUS now, and Trump isn't, teacher.
    By "us," I'm assuming you're including yourself in the crowd that believes Biden didn't lose the election. Good for you, but, ya know, watch yer back, preacher.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Growing up watching Archie Bunker, I'd assumed until recently that "dingbat" always referred to females.

For me, when someone accuses me, "What you said was racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever" is "So?"
    Yeah, if the shoe fits, and all that.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied

Didn't you know? To a liberal, any criticism of a woman, no matter how valid, is inherently misogynistic, similar to how any criticism of a black person is racist.
    Growing up watching Archie Bunker, I'd assumed until recently that "dingbat" always referred to females.

For me, when someone accuses me, "What you said was racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever" is "So?"

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied

Liberals are trying to claim the moral high ground by supporting Joe, but the irony is that morally, Joe is almost certainly worse than President Trump with there being credible accusations against Joe of sexual assault, countless photos and videos of him inappropriately touching women and little girls, and hard evidence of him using his political position to enrich himself and his family in ways that are if not criminal then certainly unethical, and yet liberals are inexplicably blind to this while uncritically believing every lie told about President Trump, even after they have been refuted.
    I've lost more than a little respect for Craig Keener, Ben Witherington, and Roger Olsen over some of the dumb-ass things they've believed and said about Bad Orange Man. Some of their notions are in the "so heavenly minded that they're no earthly good" category.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

but bribing the Ukraine, undermining the election process, inciting an insurrection, and after defeat continuing to sow misinformation that claims he won is OK??!!??!! :
    The first is fake news of the worst sort whereas the other two were exactly what the Democrats were doing for four years and you thought it was grand then.

Leave a comment: