Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is there a cure for homophobia? Introducing Lovelace......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Physicians widely consider anal sex to be a dangerous practice.
    Firstly we need some corroborative evidence from medical sources, bearing in mind that not all physicians will necessarily agree.

As for the other activities you mention, they are essentially less satisfying substitutes for the real thing
    Are they? On what evidence?

You can only answer that question based on your own experiences and your own experience is entirely subjective to you, and of course [if you have one] your wife. Have you asked her about her feelings on these issues?

"It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Exactly so.........
      Not all heterosexual couples 'couple' with each other, either. For instance, many women in menopause just cannot cope with coupling, but the lovers can adapt in other ways.
      I sometimes wonder if for some, human sexual activity resembles that of birds, a "jump on jump off" approach!
      "It ain't necessarily so
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Well said!
        The OT laws did want to increase the size of the nation quickly, for strength, but so many self-righteous Christians just focus on that which they can accuse and point at.

How many Christians support all married couples having a free year off work, all expenses paid for through taxation? The law is there, to help 'procreate', but so many Christians start screaming about 'tax-dollars' and get upset.

Cherry-picking!
        In Judaism sex is something pleasurable and from God and many early Protestant sects had a more relaxed view providing marriage was in the offing.

Some here may have heard of "bundling" or "tarrying". Although the night was supposed to be spent fully clothed and without physical contact, given that the young couple were alone one may safely assume that the "rules" were not always strictly followed.

However, from its earliest beginnings Christianity has always had a bit of an issue with sex and matters of the flesh!
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I don't think living Christians transcend any limitations of nature. At all.
          I didn't say that Christians do, I said that Christians are expected to, but that said, yes, there are some who meet expectations, at least in part.

You may believe that you transcend after life, but during life?
          Thus do many churches teach. The scriptures teach "in this life."
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

That's probably the Jesus that true Christians believe in, not sceptics ......
            The heart symbol......... love and understanding.
            True Christians believe in the Jesus in scripture who condemned sin, commanded repentance, and called on us to live righteously, and not a Jesus who gives a smile and a wink and tells us the lie that we're just fine the way we are.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

But I don't use that word......... Moral?
              Then what is your purpose for appealing to the behavior of animals if not to suggest that those same behaviors are acceptable and therefore moral in humans? I see you really don't like the fact that one can use this same reasoning to defend killing another human, prompting you to attempt to defeat your own argument.

And I have to wonder: do homosexuals really like being compared to animals?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                Firstly we need some corroborative evidence from medical sources, bearing in mind that not all physicians will necessarily agree.

You can only answer that question based on your own experiences and your own experience is entirely subjective to you, and of course [if you have one] your wife. Have you asked her about her feelings on these issues?
                The dangers of anal sex are widely documented and easily found, an exercise I will leave to you.

You ask me on what evidence? Let's just say that personal experience has taught me that the activities you suggest serve to whet the appetite and leave one hungry for the main course.

Comment

Yes, to all.
                  It's as if physicians' opinions are perfect one moment then rubbish the next. All part of the cherry picking characteristics that can be so hard to tie down.

​​​​​

Comment

The dangers of anal sex are widely documented and easily found, an exercise I will leave to you.

You ask me on what evidence? Let's just say that personal experience has taught me that the activities you suggest serve to whet the appetite and leave one hungry for the main course.
                    Drag racing is dangerous, MM. Or Indycar racing, or hang gliding....which doesn't make these followings perversions.

Comment

Not necessarily if it is in a monogamous relationship and scrupulous hygiene is practised.

But what does your wife think about it?
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Then what is your purpose for appealing to the behavior of animals if not to suggest that those same behaviors are acceptable and therefore moral in humans? I see you really don't like the fact that one can use this same reasoning to defend killing another human, prompting you to attempt to defeat your own argument.

And I have to wonder: do homosexuals really like being compared to animals?
                        Acceptable is simply acceptable! How do you dig up that word moral?
                        Have guns, do you? Do you believe that shooting a person on some situations is acceptable? Or not?

Comment

Drag racing is dangerous, MM. Or Indycar racing, or hang gliding....which doesn't make these followings perversions.
                          Oh but that is different because the Bible does not mention those activities!
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yes, to all.
                            It's as if physicians' opinions are perfect one moment then rubbish the next. All part of the cherry picking characteristics that can be so hard to tie down.

​​​​​

I understand the same contributor has doubts concerning possible risks pertaining to the various Covid vaccinations despite the general medical opinion to the contrary.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Acceptable is simply acceptable! How do you dig up that word moral?
                              Have guns, do you? Do you believe that shooting a person on some situations is acceptable? Or not?
                              Therefore, everything that animals do is acceptable for humans to do? Is this really a position you wish to defend?

And what does "acceptable" even mean in this context if you are not implying a moral component?
                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 06-28-2021, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I understand the same contributor has doubts concerning possible risks pertaining to the various Covid vaccinations despite the general medical opinion to the contrary.
                                That's the straw man version of my position at any rate.

Comment