Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is there a cure for homophobia? Introducing Lovelace......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Thank you for the advice, but I'll instead choose to read the entire Bible and not cherry-pick out parts that I want.
    Pity. Matthew and Luke copied Mark, and John didn't even tell the same (the real) story.
    May be you might reconsider and just read Mark once more? There are Christian additions and edits, but Mark is about the best we have in my opinion.

And a far better case can be made that given the laws and customs of the time, if Jesus thought the LGBT lifestyle was peachy keen, he would have spoken out against those laws and customs.
    So because Jesus didn't actually tell that lgbt was 'peachy' it isn't?

You don't often speak out about the things that you already agree with. Given that He didn't...
    And Jesus didn't speak out against Gays!
    In G-John he even loved young men who lay across his breast. If I am to believe G-John, and I personally don't believe that description, but you may well do? What's that about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This is the Jesus that skeptics (and some Christians) believe in:

Buddy+Christ-11.jpg
      That's probably the Jesus that true Christians believe in, not sceptics ......
      The heart symbol......... love and understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Only for procreation.

However, I doubt many of the predominantly male community here regard having sex with their wife as something to be done purely as a mechanism for producing a child.

I suspect the men who post to this board have sex with their spouse because they just actually enjoy it. Some may even, on occasion, not bother with penetrative sex but employ other means for exploring and taking pleasure in each other's bodies.
        Well said!
        The OT laws did want to increase the size of the nation quickly, for strength, but so many self-righteous Christians just focus on that which they can accuse and point at.

How many Christians support all married couples having a free year off work, all expenses paid for through taxation? The law is there, to help 'procreate', but so many Christians start screaming about 'tax-dollars' and get upset.

Cherry-picking!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

He didn't do that. Learn to flippin' read.
          When they start to insult, you know you've got 'em on the run.....

Oh yes! Paul's inclusion of homosexuality alongside of adultery, slandering etc etc was picked out and promoted as reason to challenge...... homosexuality!
          But there is no mention against lgbt folks by JESUS!

Comment

No, not only for procreation. There is no way for two males or two females to have any kind of sexual relation that is natural and healthy.
            Please could you explain how two females loving each other is unhealthy?
            And how do you know exactly just how two males show love to each other?
            And why do you care? Why do you condemn?

You've already told us that you yourself are a sinner, and you must remember what Jesus said to a bunch of sinners who wanted to pick on an adulterer. I feel sure that he would not have wanted a gay to be stoned either.

Comment

I suppose you do know that oral sex is commonly practised in heterosexual relationships along with mutual masturbation? Anal sex is possibly one of the oldest forms of contraception and some women find it preferable during late pregnancy.

Which leads to the question do you consider anal/oral sex to be unhealthy? Or do you just consider them unhealthy when they are not being practised by heterosexual couples?
              Exactly so.........
              Not all heterosexual couples 'couple' with each other, either. For instance, many women in menopause just cannot cope with coupling, but the lovers can adapt in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                eider appears to have a unique rogue filter that allows him to read nearly everything I post in, shall we say, a unique light.
                Third person back handers, eh?
                But no..... I always copy what you write....... you sometimes prefer not to do that, in my experience, or even create stuff that I did not write.
                Remember?

Comment

I suppose you do know that oral sex is commonly practised in heterosexual relationships along with mutual masturbation? Anal sex is possibly one of the oldest forms of contraception and some women find it preferable during late pregnancy.

Which leads to the question do you consider anal/oral sex to be unhealthy? Or do you just consider them unhealthy when they are not being practised by heterosexual couples?
                  Physicians widely consider anal sex to be a dangerous practice.

As for the other activities you mention, they are essentially less satisfying substitutes for the real thing but are the only options available to homosexuals who are not compatibly equipped to do what is natural, which, if truth be told, is what they really want but can't have with a member of the same sex.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                    I was showing that lgbt characteristics are to be found all around nature. They are natural, MM.
                    If your premise is that what is natural is necessarily moral, then consider the fact that it is natural for animals to kill each other without hesitation or regret. Therefore, according to your premise, murder is moral.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well said!
                      The OT laws did want to increase the size of the nation quickly, for strength, but so many self-righteous Christians just focus on that which they can accuse and point at.

How many Christians support all married couples having a free year off work, all expenses paid for through taxation? The law is there, to help 'procreate', but so many Christians start screaming about 'tax-dollars' and get upset.

Cherry-picking!
                      This would make sense if we were advocating for stoning homosexuals. We are not. We are not saying the OT Law should be the law of the land. We are not even saying the OT Law should be the law of the Church. The NT lays out the instructions for the Church. But the Church and the nation are separate.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

When they start to insult, you know you've got 'em on the run.....
                        While expressed with a bit of heat, it was my true and legitimate perception that you entirely misinterpreted his comment.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Physicians widely consider anal sex to be a dangerous practice.
                          You sent this to Hypatia, but please do let me answer as well.
                          My suggestion is.......... don't do anything dangerous, MM.
                          So......... let's wear our seat belts, and take care on the stairs, and folks can even wear protections.

As for the other activities you mention, they are essentially less satisfying substitutes for the real thing but are the only options available to homosexuals who are not compatibly equipped to do what is natural, which, if truth be told, is what they really want but can't have with a member of the same sex.
                          And you know all this....... how?

Comment

While expressed with a bit of heat, it was my true and legitimate perception that you entirely misinterpreted his comment.
                            I am getting to know that member quite well, and I usually show what a person actually really writes.

Comment

This would make sense if we were advocating for stoning homosexuals. We are not. We are not saying the OT Law should be the law of the land.
                              Some Churches want a theocracy, with OT law restored, with the same punishments. So 'you' might not want to quote or follow any OT laws, but some Christians want it all, including public executions, the lash (up to 40 strokes) ...the lot.

We are not even saying the OT Law should be the law of the Church. The NT lays out the instructions for the Church. But the Church and the nation are separate.
                              Well thank my lucky stars for that!
                              I live in England where (once) the church had massive amounts of power.... terrifying power. But the USA had more sense than us from the beginning, I think.

But you might be surprised how many Christians will quote OT law at the drop of a hat. Paul was one of those I think, because Jesus never spoke of half the stuff that Paul dug up.

Comment

If your premise is that what is natural is necessarily moral, then consider the fact that it is natural for animals to kill each other without hesitation or regret. Therefore, according to your premise, murder is moral.
                                But I don't use that word......... Moral? Are you 'moral'? You've already told us that you are a sinner...true?
                                What is moral? Don't tell me that lawful is moral, MM. Lawful is lawful. Honest is honest. True is true.
                                What's all this about 'moral'? Please tell me about one condition that is 'moral' and I'll do my best to show you that the word is unnecessary, spin, an 'it' word for the self-righteous, even. Now there's a challenge for you.

And you don't know what animals think, MM.
                                It IS what life does, for survival, for existence. You kill, MM, even a Jaine kills. But animals do not murder, MM. They just kill.
                                You do know the difference between killing and murder, surely? A mother eating her young has usually realised that conditions are against her success, but she might survive, if......

All this spin, to try and show that LGBT folks are 'perverse'. And you can't show me a sentence about that, it seems.

Comment