Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

If US voters don't trust the election system, it's only because the Democrat party has worked very hard to make it untrustworthy.
    I think Trumpco are to blame for that. However, this is an unsolvable problem so long as there are two distinct Americas who cannot agree simple facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The Federalist has a list of Biden's lies, kind of parallel to that list of Trump lies that Starlight and crew liked to toss out from time to time.

Part 1
      https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/22...-as-president/
      Part 2
      https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/24...nt-part-sixty/
      Oh, but only Trump lies matter! TLM!!! TLM!!! TLM!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

I think Trumpco are to blame for that.
        President Trump is to blame for Democrat fraud?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Oh, but only Trump lies matter! TLM!!! TLM!!! TLM!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

President Trump is to blame for Democrat fraud?
            Absolutely, he drove them stark ravin' nuts!!!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              The end of American democracy is nigh.

Are there already too many believers in Trump? Is the ‘Big Lie’ the new truth? Are you persuaded?

He hints at a run for POTUS in 2024.
              Do you think that he's another Hillary?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The Federalist has a list of Biden's lies, kind of parallel to that list of Trump lies that Starlight and crew liked to toss out from time to time.

Part 1
                https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/22...-as-president/
                Part 2
                https://thefederalist.com/2021/06/24...nt-part-sixty/
                Where are the so-called "Fact Checkers" regarding all the demonstrable lies regarding Afghanistan?

Where are the so-called "Fact Checkers" regarding all the demonstrable lies regarding the border?

Where are the so-called "Fact Checkers" regarding the demonstrable lie concerning his claim that his $3.5 TRillion pork barrel spending project won't cost anything because it'll be paid through higher taxes (including on made-up "trillionaires")?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If Biden wasn't such a corrupt and incompetent President, he'd focus on the border crisis instead of threatening to fire or penalize Border Patrol agents.
                  Probably the most undemocratic State in the United States is Texas. Proof being the current proposed redistributing map, designed by Repubs to consolidate Repub power. There, the politicians chose their voters. It’s not a state to be proud of, is it?

Comment

Probably the most undemocratic State in the United States is Texas. Proof being the current proposed redistributing map, designed by Repubs to consolidate Repub power. There, the politicians chose their voters. It’s not a state to be proud of, is it?
                    I'm just glad that people who are stupid enough to believe that crap won't wanna come here.

(Although it's quite obvious you're just jealous)

Comment

I'm just glad that people who are stupid enough to believe that crap won't wanna come here.

If you want a really gloomy forecast, I recommend Chris Hedges:

https://youtu.be/69pEzsfX8Aw

I think he hates everybody.

Comment

If you want a really gloomy forecast...
                        I don't. I'm a cup running over kinda guy.

Comment

I think Trumpco are to blame for that. However, this is an unsolvable problem so long as there are two distinct Americas who cannot agree simple facts.
                          "trumpco" are not the ones in 2016 who declared the election illegitimate. "trumpco" didn't spend years pushing the Russian Hoax. "trumpco" are not the ones who have attacked photo ID laws (which the majority of the nation support) that would make voting more secure.

Comment

This reminds me of a recent editorial (NYT? WaPo?) proclaiming that the only way to end gerrymandering is for the Democrats to gerrymander big time. If the Democrats can achieve total control there won't be a need for gerrymandering any longer.

And then there are the articles complaining about it while simultaneously supporting New York Democrat's attempt to eliminate nearly half of that state's Republican representatives even after they agreed to allow a bipartisan commission to redraw districts. Apparently, given that Democrats might lose control of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2022, it has been decided to ignore the commission and give the state up to five more Democrat Congressmen.

Similar things are happening in Oregon (Oregon legislature on the brink as Democrats push gerrymandered maps) and Illinois (Dislike gerrymandering? Then the proposed map from Illinois Democrats should be appalling)

But in ff's mind it is Texas and Texas alone engaged in Gerrymandering -- and that makes it "the most undemocratic State in the United States." When the left does it, it is necessary and in the defense of democracy -- even if it means usurping control from a commission that they agreed to. Yup. Texas is the only culprit. Pay no attention to all those Democrats behind the curtain.

Comment

Or leave

git-scat-go away.jpg
                              Californy is the place you ought to be so load up your truck and move to Beverly

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                This reminds me of a recent editorial (NYT? WaPo?) proclaiming that the only way to end gerrymandering is for the Democrats to gerrymander big time. If the Democrats can achieve total control there won't be a need for gerrymandering any longer.

And then there are the articles complaining about it while simultaneously supporting New York Democrat's attempt to eliminate nearly half of that state's Republican representatives even after they agreed to allow a bipartisan commission to redraw districts. Apparently, given that Democrats might lose control of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2022, it has been decided to ignore the commission and give the state up to five more Democrat Congressmen.

Similar things are happening in Oregon (Oregon legislature on the brink as Democrats push gerrymandered maps) and Illinois (Dislike gerrymandering? Then the proposed map from Illinois Democrats should be appalling)

But in ff's mind it is Texas and Texas alone engaged in Gerrymandering -- and that makes it "the most undemocratic State in the United States." When the left does it, it is necessary and in the defense of democracy -- even if it means usurping control from a commission that they agreed to. Yup. Texas is the only culprit. Pay no attention to all those Democrats behind the curtain.
                                I don’t think you do, but if one day you wanted democracy, you would take districting out of political hands. The widespread use of Gerrymandering proves that the USA only pretends to be democratic. A beacon to the free world it is definitely not.

And we also know that the Christian Right are notoriously authoritarian, so no help coming from that direction.

Comment