Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

They have a public mission statement for your education.
    It takes the depraved mind of a religious zealot to miss the point and practice cruelty to women, instead of healthcare.

Even the Taliban are more enlightened than you.
    That's absurd. The Taliban are murderous zealots with little to no regard for human life and overtly abusive to women on a level that disqualifies them from any sense of humanity or mercy. They have destroyed this year over year.

CP is a Godly man that would not physically harm anyone unless his life was in danger. I would hazard to guess if you were down and out and needed help, he'd be the sort that would give you a helping hand.

The world is tearing itself apart because we can't recognize the good in those we disagree with. Its time to turn that tide before it becomes so entrenched it becomes impossible to change.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-11-2021, 07:17 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time somebody put up a public image to hide their nefarious operations.

It takes the depraved mind of a religious zealot to miss the point and practice cruelty to women, instead of healthcare.
      I'm actually in the women's healthcare business, providing services that "Planned Parenthood" claims they provide, but don't.
      If you would take the time to actually do some research, rather than buy the advertising campaign of the abortionists, you'd find that they do some really creative accounting to claim that abortion is only 3% of their services.

Even the Taliban are more enlightened than you.
      It does not surprise me at all that you would be making excuses for the Taliban.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That's absurd. The Taliban are murderous zealots with little to no regard for human life and overtly abusive to women on a level that disqualifies them from any sense of humanity or mercy. They have destroyed this year over year.

CP is a Godly man that would not physically harm anyone unless his life was in danger. I would hazard to guess if you were down and out and needed help, he'd be the sort that would give you a helping hand.

The world is tearing itself apart because we can't recognize the good in those we disagree with. Its time to turn that tide before it becomes so entrenched it becomes impossible to change.
        I appreciate it, Jim, but I don't think anybody here takes ff seriously. I think he often says things just to get a reaction, and often it's really really "out there" stuff.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You really think that an organization that exists to kill unborn babies is above telling outright lies?

It earns most of its money from abortions, it’s flush with cash, and it provides very few actual health-care services.

They depend on really gullible people to buy their advertising campaign without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Even though this paper is from 2009 and embryology has advanced since then you might want to take a look at this Embryonic human persons. Talking Point on morality and human embryo research

One part that seemed pertinent that caught my eye:

It is therefore incorrect to claim, as Sandel and others do, that the transition from sperm and oocyte to zygote, multicelled embryo, fetus and so on is all on a continuum. On the contrary, after the sperm and the oocyte cease to be and their constituents contribute to the formation of a new organism, what exists is a distinct whole, with its own internal organizing principle. In other words, what exists is a distinct centre of actions and reactions, with a determinately distinct developmental trajectory. Whether a new human organism exists is a question to which the answer must be either yes or no—there is no in between. If a human organism exists, then he or she exists as a whole and not just partly, and this is true for all the times that he or she exists. Embryos are whole human beings, at the early stage of their maturation. The term ‘embryo', similar to the terms ‘infant' and ‘adolescent', refers to a determinate and enduring organism at a particular stage of development. Just as you and I once were infants, so too you and I once were embryos. Each of us came into being as an embryo, and developed by an internally directed and gapless process from the embryonic into and through the fetal, infant, child and adolescent stages, and into adulthood with our determinateness and unity fully intact.

Earlier Dianne N. Irving, a research biochemist/biologist at the NIH/NCI and Professor of Philosophy at the Dominican House of Studies published a piece called "WHEN DO HUMAN BEINGS BEGIN? 'SCIENTIFIC' MYTHS AND SCIENTIFIC FACTS" in the International Journal of Sociology and Social Policy

II. When does a human being begin?

Getting a handle on just a few basic human embryological terms accurately can considerably clarify the drastic difference between the "scientific" myths that are currently circulating, and the actual objective scientific facts. This would include such basic terms as: "gametogenesis," "oogenesis," "spermatogenesis," "fertilization," "zygote," "embryo," and "blastocyst." Only brief scientific descriptions will be given here for these terms. Further, more complicated, details can be obtained by investigating any well-established human embryology textbook in the library, such as some of those referenced below. Please note that the scientific facts presented here are not simply a matter of my own opinion. They are direct quotes and references from some of the most highly respected human embryology textbooks, and represent a consensus of human embryologists internationally.

A. Basic human embryological facts

To begin with, scientifically something very radical occurs between the processes of gametogenesis and fertilization-the change from a simple part of one human being (i.e., a sperm) and a simple part of another human being (i.e., an oocyte-usually referred to as an "ovum" or "egg"), which simply possess "human life", to a new, genetically unique, newly existing, individual, whole living human being (an embryonic single-cell human zygote). That is, upon fertilization, parts of human beings have actually been transformed into something very different from what they were before; they have been changed into a single, whole human being.

During the process of fertilization, the sperm and the oocyte cease to exist as such, and a new human being is produced. To understand this, it should be remembered that each kind of living organism has a specific number and quality of chromosomes that are characteristic for each member of a species. (The number can vary only slightly if the organism is to survive.) For example, the characteristic number of chromosomes for a member of the human species is 46 (plus or minus, e.g., in human beings with Down's or Turner's syndromes). Every somatic (or, body) cell in a human being has this characteristic number of chromosomes. Even the early germ cells contain 46 chromosomes; it is only their mature forms - the sex gametes, or sperms and oocytes - which will later contain only 23 chromosomes each.1

From NPR we have an article concerning when human life begins where the author rejects religious answers out of hand adding:

A Distinct Human Organism

[...]

Rather, the answer is to be found in the works of modern human embryology and developmental biology. In these texts, we find little or nothing in the way of scientific uncertainty: "…human development begins at fertilization…" write embryologists Keith Moore and T.V. N. Persaud in The Developing Human (7th edition, 2003), the most widely used textbook on human embryology.

A human embryo is a whole living member of the species Homo sapiens in the earliest stage of development. Unless severely damaged or deprived of nutrition or a suitable environment, the embryonic human will develop himself or herself by an internally directed process to the next more mature developmental stage, i.e., the fetal stage.

The embryonic, fetal, infant, child and adolescent stages are stages of development of a determinate and enduring entity -- a human being -- who comes into existence as a zygote and develops by a gradual and gapless process into adulthood many years later.

So I disagree and feel secure doing so.
            The opinions expressed in the statements you quote are contradicted by several simple realities. The first is monozygotic twins. The split occurs between days 7 and 12, and the cause is not fully understood. But what is known is that these two human beings begin as a single human embryo and that it is very much at least in part environment that causes the split. Which means that the identity of what is to come is by no means defined from fertilization. Why? Because those two twins go on to become independent persons with different personalities, goals, and ambitions. Who they are can't possibly be defined before they split, or even for a time after.

The second is that until more than a month in, there is not even a nascant nervous system or brain in this child to be. And that brain is where the mind and the personality and conscious existence find expression and being. Now we believe there is more there than just what is in that brain, but scientifically the mind is where the person is. Any other part of the body can get damaged or replaced and the person remains. But damage or destroy the brain and the person that was is changed or gone. Until there is at the very least some sort of brain, there is not even a hint the person that will be - they simply are not there yet.

So while I can understand why a person might be persuaded by the fact there is a continuity of development, i think the idea that continuity of development implies the person that will be is necessarily present in the early stages is clearly and flatly contradicted by at least these two simple facts.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-11-2021, 10:26 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• https://openargs.com/oa533-roe-is-do...could-be-next/

Law making religious zealots are aiming to turn the clock back about 50 years. Get ready!
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Except, of course, that's an outright lie - they exist to provide for the killing of unborn children. Only really ignorant people believe the crap you just typed.
                B-but they do all sorts of... stuff aside from killing unborn babies. They, um, they... well abortions only account for a tiny fraction of what they do. So there.

Wait. What's that?

Even the reliably liberal Washington Post's "Fact Checker" took PP to task for their claim that abortions only account for 3% of what they do you know the statistic has serious issues.

Planned Parenthood’s ‘three percent’

When all services are counted equally, abortion procedures do account for 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s total services.

But there are obvious differences between these services. For example, a first trimester abortion can cost up to $1,500, according to the Planned Parenthood Web site. Yet an emergency contraceptive pill costs around $45 and a urine pregnancy test costs around $10 at a pharmacy. An abortion is a different type of procedure than a vasectomy, or testing for sexually transmitted infections or diseases, or a vaccine for human papilloma virus (HPV), and so forth.

While each service is listed separately, many clients received multiple services. A woman may get a pregnancy test, birth control and a pap smear, but she would be counted three times, once for each service, in the annual report.

Those who oppose abortion rights have criticized this definition, saying the 3 percent figure misleads the public. In a recent New York Post op-ed, National Review editor Rich Lowry wrote a series of analogies to argue that the 3 percent figure “is crafted to obscure the reality of Planned Parenthood’s business:”
                Such cracked reasoning could be used to obscure the purpose of any organization.

The sponsors of the New York City Marathon could count each small cup of water they hand out (some 2 million cups, compared with 45,000 runners) and say they are mainly in the hydration business.

Or Major League Baseball teams could say that they sell about 20 million hot dogs and play 2,430 games in a season, so baseball is only .012 percent of what they do.

Supporters of Planned Parenthood want to use its health services as leverage to preserve its abortions, as if you can’t get one without the other.

Of course, this is nonsense.

Slate’s Rachael Larimore, the left-leaning online magazine’s conservative senior editor, called this the “most meaningless abortion statistic ever.

As Larimore put it

Amanda, it’s been so long since I’ve seen a reference to the claim that abortions make up only 3 percent of the services that Planned Parenthood provides that I thought maybe they’d stopped trying. It might not be a technically incorrect number, but it is meaningless—to the point of being downright silly— for several reasons. Not the least of which being that Planned Parenthood “unbundles” all of its services so that a pack of pills, an STD test and an exam are three separate services.

Undoubtedly, some of those services are cheaper than others: To illustrate this, let’s make a comparison with an actual business. Say I open a watch store. I sell lots of those cheap plastic digital ones that you can get at discount stores. And I sell some Timex and Casio, and also some nicer designer watches. But then I also keep a few superexpensive Brightlings and Patek Phillipes in stock. And maybe those only make up 3 percent of my sales. But selling only a handful of fancy watches brings in far more than 3 percent of my REVENUES. And so it is with abortion.

It’s impossible to know how much money Planned Parenthood brings in for abortion. Because as specific as the annual report is about the number of services it provides, it’s far less detailed when talking about where its revenue comes from (They are within their rights, so whatever). But it’s easy to calculate, as the Weekly Standard did, that Planned Parenthood gets at least a third of its clinic income—and more than 10 percent of all its revenue, government funding included—from its abortion procedures.

Ask anyone who runs a for-profit business or nonprofit charity if something that brings in one-third of their revenue is “central” to their endeavor, and the answer is likely to be yes. So yes, abortion is central to what Planned Parenthood does. There ARE a few things that aren’t central to their purpose though. As compared with the nearly 334,000 abortions that Planned Parenthood provided in 2011, 28,674 women received prenatal services. And 2,300 were referred to adoption agencies.

Further, one of the most common talking points used to rationalize continued federal funding (i.e., your tax dollars) of Planned Parenthood is that they provide essential health services for women with mammograms usually being at the top of the list.

Keep this in mind the next time some pro-abortion advocate trots out that falsehood

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It does not surprise me at all that you would be making excuses for the Taliban.
                  FF and the Taliban are two peas in a pod. They both want to keep certain groups in their place. They both want to silence the opposition. And they both support killing those that disagree with them.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

https://openargs.com/oa533-roe-is-do...could-be-next/

Law making religious zealots are aiming to turn the clock back about 50 years. Get ready!
                    In your world, NOT wanting the slaughter of innocents is a bad thing. Not surprised in the least.

Comment

In your world, NOT wanting the slaughter of innocents is a bad thing. Not surprised in the least.
                      “slaughter of innocents” is text book zealotry. I am equally not surprised.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Truth hurts doesn't it? No wonder you seek ways to dismiss it.

Comment

Yes, the baby killers are quite zealous in their quest to snuff out human life before it ever sees the light of day.

Try educating yourself for once - Planned Parenthood isn't about planning OR Parenthood - their major focus is the destruction of unborn babies.

They depend on ignorant people swallowing their "we're all about women's services" lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The Qur’an allows for abortion before 12 weeks …. God’s final word on the subject!

The agenda here: ban abortion, ban contraception, then why not go the whole way and introduce FGM or maybe chastity belts. Their women are property.

There was always a fault line, but someone has driven a wedge into it, and it is now a nearly unbridgeable void. But not so wide that you can’t lob cannon balls across it.

As luck would have it, I am here at the right time - I am the bridge. I bring good news from the other side.

I will concede that CP is a good man in his universe … useless information in the real world.

Comment

The Qur’an allows for abortion before 12 weeks …. God’s final word on the subject!
                              Spoken like a true supporter of the Taliban.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                                Allah is a false god.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment