Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Blue Wall of Silence Is Starting to Crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Jawholl mein pedantisch!
    Grammar Nazi.png

Perhaps it's best if I don't. We know how this will go, and you would like to continue to talk about Police unions.
    There was actually another thread in this, and I honestly don't believe H_A has any genuine interest in the topic -- it's just another place for her to try to put on an air of superiority, but, sadly, shows reveals her profound ignorance on the actual subject.

I think that's why she always tries to divert to LANGUAGE and her hyper-pedantic word Nazi tactics.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

He just seemed to be a waste of space.
      OK, so let's see if it's even possible for you to focus on the subject with all your little derails and diversions, eh?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        CP (and the OP): We need to curb the power of police unions, the biggest protectors of the blue wall.
        Hypatia_Alexandria: We need ALL police departments to be under one BIG police union.

Dumb Dumb Dumb
        I started a new thread on this -- Police Labor Unions and La Costa Nostra

Comment

There was actually another thread in this, and I honestly don't believe H_A has any genuine interest in the topic
          Given the number times I have replied to you on these issues, that is hardly an honest comment, is it?

"It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Given the number times I have replied to you on these issues, that is hardly an honest comment, is it?
            It's quite honest -- you seem far more interested in doing battle over words, you seem to completely ignore my more substantive posts, and you come up with silly ideas that show you really have little grasp on the subject at all.

Your most recent was a doozy.... labor unions are bad for local police departments, so let's have NATIONAL labor unions for cops.
            That's about as ignorant as it gets.

"Number of times one replies" has ZERO impact on "interested in the topic" - particularly when the vast majority of your "replies" seem to be prattle and nitpckery.

Comment

It's quite honest -- you seem far more interested in doing battle over words, you seem to completely ignore my more substantive posts,
              I have responded to them.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Your most recent was a doozy.... labor unions are bad for local police departments, so let's have NATIONAL labor unions for cops.
              That's about as ignorant as it gets.
              That is your opinion nothing more.

However, you seem to hold the view that everyone must accept Cow Poke's opinions as absolute facts that cannot be challenged or questioned.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I have responded to them.

That is your opinion nothing more.

However, you seem to hold the view that everyone must accept Cow Poke's opinions as absolute facts that cannot be challenged or questioned.
                Well, obviously I know FAR more about this subject than you do, so --- here you are again, trying to drag it into a personal battle. For cryin' out loud, woman, grow up.

Got any substantive points, or are you all out?

Comment

• Let's try this (again).....

Find me a list of corrupt police departments who do NOT have a labor union.

Comment

Well, obviously I know FAR more about this subject than you do, so --- .
                    Your views on a national union are opinion and nothing more.

However, you do seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur and we know that those make monsters of conceit.

"It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Backed up by a WHOLE lot of information, including the fact that national unions tend to be corrupt, even mafia controlled.
                      There's a whole thread on that.

Police Labor Unions and La Costa Nostra

However, you do seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur and we know that those make monsters of conceit.
                      Silly little girl comment noted.

Comment

Backed up by a WHOLE lot of information, including the fact that national unions tend to be corrupt, even mafia controlled.
                        There's a whole thread on that.
                        Hence the need for a regulated and properly organised national union.

Or do you imagine all unions are run by organised crime?

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

No.

A) We have a whole section of government dealing with the problems of National unions.
                          2) We don't need another federal bureaucracy to interfere with the thousands of police departments who are not having problems
                          C) Unions are all about money and control. Period.

I don't have to imagine it - like I said, we have a whole section of the Department of Justice already battling national unions.

Comment

Most are, yes. Did you not know this? Did your German-based knowledge of the US fail you again?

Comment

One large order of

8cf.jpg

coming right up

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                                Most are, yes. Did you not know this? Did your German-based knowledge of the US fail you again?
                                Her ignorance of all things "union" is absolutely astounding.
                                What could possibly be worse than a local police union? A NATIONAL one.
                                If a LOCAL union is hard to straighten out - one can only imagine ---- no, one doesn't HAVE to imagine, the Justice Department has been at WAR with national unions.

Comment