Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Silence is Deafening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Silence is Deafening

According to CNN old Joe has begun re-opening child migrant detention centers to handle the influx of those crossing the border under his new policies, but neither the MSM nor Democrat politicians appear to care. Likewise liberal advocacy groups are mum. All of them are looking the other way as old Joe's regime begins to reopen the centers and crowd immigrant children in close quarters during a pandemic.

Compare their starkly different response to that when Trump was president and operating the centers that he inherited from the Obama-Biden Administration. They were enraged, often publishing pictures taken back when Obama was president and the kids were literally in cages, and then claiming this was what Trump was doing. And of course who could forget AOC's overwrought hysterical performance outside a facility accusing them of being concentration camps (and inspiring a leftist lunatic into fire bombing an ICE facility outside Tacoma, Washington.

Source: Biden administration prepares to open overflow facility for migrant children

The Biden administration is opening an overflow facility for unaccompanied migrant children apprehended at the US-Mexico border, the federal agency tasked with the children's care told CNN in a statement.

The Health and Human Services Department will reopen a facility in Carrizo Springs, Texas, that can accommodate about 700 children and can be expanded if necessary.

The reopening of the facility comes amid an increase in apprehensions of unaccompanied children on the Southwest border, fueled in part by deteriorating conditions in Latin America and a perceived possible relaxation of enforcement, and reduced capacity limits at other facilities due to Covid-19. It also comes as President Joe Biden rolls out new immigration executive orders tackling migration to the US southern border.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Yeah, it's those E.O.s that have resulted in the "perceived possible relaxation of enforcement" including the immediate cessation of construction of the border wall putting over a thousand more people on the unemployment line.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Your quotes make an important distinction between what is being done now, and what was done then. The children affected now are unaccompanied minors crossing the border. There are no instances of children being placed in these centers after being ripped from the arms of their parents as was done under Trump, a policy made all the more despicable by the fact that no records were kept on the family connections and where different family members were sent.

I do not see much if any information on the conditions in these detention centers, but the fact is that these children should not be placed in adult detention centers, and they need to be held somewhere until their cases are adjudicated and they can be safely placed into the custody of family or deported.

Comment

I hate phoniness. AOC was rehearsing for Hollywood by crying and yelling at an empty street for her photo op.

street.jpg
      empty lot.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
        Your quotes make an important distinction between what is being done now, and what was done then. The children affected now are unaccompanied minors crossing the border. There are no instances of children being placed in these centers after being ripped from the arms of their parents as was done under Trump, a policy made all the more despicable by the fact that no records were kept on the family connections and where different family members were sent.
        How do you know any of this?

Obama built the "cages" and Biden continues to use them. But it's OK because they're Democrats. Or more importantly, they're not Trump.

Comment

I do not see much if any information on the conditions in these detention centers, but the fact is that these children should not be placed in adult detention centers, and they need to be held somewhere until their cases are adjudicated and they can be safely placed into the custody of family or deported.
          Many of those were unaccompanied minors then as well, but more to the point we don't lock children up with adults for very understandable reasons.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

How do you know any of this?

Obama built the "cages" and Biden continues to use them. But it's OK because they're Democrats. Or more importantly, they're not Trump.
            The quotes in the OP say multiple times that the children currently being put in these centers are unaccompanied minors!!!!! If you have problems with the details in the OP, you should address the person who posted it.

What represents a drastic humanitarian improvement under Biden is that children are no longer being ripped from their parents with no records that would allow for subsequent reunion.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Many of those were unaccompanied minors then as well, but more to the point we don't lock children up with adults for very understandable reasons.
              Yes, but the major complaint was and still is the family separation policy under Trump.

So what do you think the Biden administration should do with unaccompanied minors crossing the borders?

Comment

Yes, but the major complaint was and still is the family separation policy under Trump.

So what do you think the Biden administration should do with unaccompanied minors crossing the borders?
                Here's a thought. Send them back.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The problem is that the minors are being sent unaccompanied. The US is merely responding to the strategy of illegal immigrants. The moral blame is on the individuals who encourage unaccompanied minors to illegal cross the border.
                  P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

The quotes in the OP say multiple times that the children currently being put in these centers are unaccompanied minors!!!!! If you have problems with the details in the OP, you should address the person who posted it.

What represents a drastic humanitarian improvement under Biden is that children are no longer being ripped from their parents with no records that would allow for subsequent reunion.
                    And many of those put in the centers were unaccompanied minors and the left ranted about that. Now? Quiet as church mice. OMB isn't is office so they no longer care. Just like they didn't care when the Obamessiah was president.

Moreover, as I noted, it is incredibly stupid to think it is a good idea to put kids in the same holding areas as adults. That is a recipe for tragedy. I mean do you think we put the kids in the holding cell with their mother or father (along with a bunch of other adults) when they get arrested? Ask yourself why.

Also, it turned out that a substantial percentage of those claiming to be related to the child weren't. Why do you think that so many simply vanished after getting released leaving their supposed child behind? Because they were coyotes not relatives. And if they were the parents who abandoned them it was probably a good thing since family services would likely be taking them in a couple years or the police would be calling a coroner or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

The problem is that the minors are being sent unaccompanied. The US is merely responding to the strategy of illegal immigrants. The moral blame is on the individuals who encourage unaccompanied minors to illegal cross the border.
                      Especially mixed signals from the liberals giving false hope.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wonder if they'll look for "cages"?

Comment

You made the claims about "ripped from the arms of their parents." Not the OP. How do you know this?

According to .... ?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nyt-f...-james-barrett

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            You made the claims about "ripped from the arms of their parents." Not the OP. How do you know this?
                            I would love to see any proof whatsoever that children are "ripped from the arms" of parents.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I would love to see any proof whatsoever that children are "ripped from the arms" of parents.
                              That turned out to be as accurate as the claim that Trump called Hispanic immigrants "animals."

Can't say I'm surprised to see kccd regurgitating it uncritically.

Comment