Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ARMED protest are planned in all 50 state capitals and DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

No, I'm saying he is responsible for an insurrection against the US government that now threatens the capitols and citizens in all 50 states and DC.
    How, precisely, is he responsible?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

No, I'm saying he is responsible for an insurrection against the US government that now threatens the capitols and citizens in all 50 states and DC.
    In what way is he responsible? What did he say that would make him guilty of insurrection or inciting violence against the United States? An exact quote, please, and not your absurd interpretation of something he might have said.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

Then feel free not to participate in this thread. But per the above, be reminded I will eject from the thread anyone making pejorative statements about anyone else posting in the thread.
    I will not make perjorative statements about anyone. I mean it's not like I'm going to accuse someone of collusion in treason or something.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I have no time for your petty annoyances with trump
    Then feel free not to participate in this thread. But per the above, be reminded I will eject from the thread anyone making pejorative statements about anyone else posting in the thread.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The main goal of WHAT protesters? ALL of them who went to the Capitol?

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen you type.
    In the interests of fostering civility in civics, there will be NO pejoratives aimed at individual posters in this thread or the person doing so will be asked to leave. Just don't say anything degrading about the person writing the post in your replies is all im asking for

in the interest of policing myself on this, ill ask a mod to remove my response to CivilDiscourse above (post #16)
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-12-2021, 09:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied

Yep --- tighten that lid, push the "shut them up", give the opposition an excuse to become even more resentful --- prove what they've been saying all along -- that the liberals are incredibly intolerant and want to silence anybody who does not agree with them.

You are pretty much endorsing the violent "revolution" that some of the extreme right is pushing.
    The president can stop this today if he so chooses. But he is all in with it. He is the one cause, He is the one feeding the flames. And given he will not stop, we the people must take action to try to stop him. The legal means to do so are the means being pursued.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Trump's legacy? Are you suggesting that he is somehow responsible for the years of violent and destructive protests perpetrated by the left?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by kccd View Post

Yes, this is frightening, but walking away is a namby-pamby response.

We must all stand up against those who would commit violence in support of false beliefs and leaders who lie.

Those who insist that impeachment is a bridge too far and that "healing" demands we do nothing have it backwards. There will be no healing without accountability with real consequences. "Law and order" should apply equally to all, and all lawbreakers should face the music. This includes the rioters who broke into the Capitol as well as those who planned and incited this riot including the Congressmen and Trump. And there should be a serious investigation on the failure of law enforcement, the FBI and Homeland Security to be prepared for this event that was publicly planned well in advance, and provide believable explanations for why calls for reinforcements were delayed for hours and hours.

This was an assault on American democracy and those who are downplaying this should be completely ignored.
    Make no mistake. By walking away, I am speaking to the Trump supporters on this site that are still behind him even though he directly caused this and continues to do nothing to try to prevent it.

All he has to do is get on TV and demand they stand down, and speak words of reconciliation and peace. He is still all in with this insurrection. We must ALL walk away from Trump and Trumpism and seek to settle these other ideological and political differences on a different day and through a different leader or leaders. Trump has us on the path to destruction.

Peace, compromise, a real and workable solution to our differences can never come through Donald Trump.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied

It apparently is the very unfortunate consequence for the four years you guys have been spewing forth hate and contempt.

Remember how you guys were always trying to "understand" the violence of the left because "they're just trying to be heard"?
    Not even close. This is the consequence of four years of training Trump to believe he can do anything and not lose the support of those that follow him. With 50 states and DC now under threat from various Trump supporting militia groups and you still making efforts to shift the blame elsewhere, you prove both aspects of what has enabled whatvwe are seeing.

Keep in mind Trump is good with militia groups threatening all 50 state capitols and DC in his name. Have you yet seen him walk down to the white house press room and issue an urgent call for these groups to stand down?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

And I have no time for you in collusion with him in sedition and treason.
    Jim, simply disagreeing with your proclamation that "sedition" and "treason" exist does not make one "in collusion" with the accused.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

I'm colluding with him?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I have no time for your petty annoyances with trump

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post

Ya think?
    The FBI is embarrassed because it was caught with its pants down on the 6th, so it is acting all "informed" now; trying to regain credibility. And the condition for this 50-state revolt is an event that is unlikely to happen, so the FBI can't lose when it doesn't take place.

But the very idea that a revolt is planned for 50 state capitals is a joke. I'll bet a million dollars that nothing or almost nothing happens on inauguration day.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    There are plenty more. We must walk away from this insanity. We all most walk away from it.
    Then stop the impeachment, stop removing conservative voices on line, stop threatening anyone who worked for Trump.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I suspect this deep-state announcement is exaggerated for political effect.
    Ya think?

Leave a comment: