Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

ARMED protest are planned in all 50 state capitals and DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Nah, COVID extended the voting time which allowed more vote harvesting and canvassing by Democrat operatives. Had COVID not happened, the economy would have boosted Trump to victory in my opinion
    There was no wide spread fraud in this election. That is the misinformation/lie that has led to us being here discussing the FBI warning. Not one (1) case that he and his 'lawyers' took to court gained any traction. Many never even made it into the courtroom, and some were literally laughed out of the court room. Further, the conspiracies about the voting machines were absolutely and thoroughly tested and debunked through the multiple and varied kinds of recounts in Ga.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-12-2021, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post

Trump could easily have been a great president minus his constant defensiveness, immaturity, and constant provocations in social media. You know full well that, absent that, Trump would be president right now.
    In many ways his capacity to buck the system could have been a good thing - had it been driven by something other than narcissitic psychopathy and delusions of grandeur. You are right that he self-destructed. I'd have been able to support a lot of what he did more freely had he been able to tell the truth and not so corrupt. But as it is we will have 400,000 dead by the time he is gone, more than half could have likely been saved had he actually dealt with this based on science and good advice rather than overarching concerns about his own success in the election. And now that same obsession with his own success and propensity for gross lies has 50 state capitals and DC having to take steps to protect from threats of violence on his behalf. In the end, he is a disgrace to the entire country in nearly every way.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    WITH COVID, he coulda been a two-term president. Another shot in the foot. Trump is a master at playing himself and hence the stupidest President in history.
    Nah, COVID extended the voting time which allowed more vote harvesting and canvassing by Democrat operatives. Had COVID not happened, the economy would have boosted Trump to victory in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

Acquiescing to extremists brings the country together?
    what he said ...

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Trump could easily have been a great president minus his constant defensiveness, immaturity, and constant provocations in social media. You know full well that, absent that, Trump would be president right now.
    I agree. His narcissism and ego have really gotten in his way. I have said in the past I don't like him as a person, I just liked his policies regarding the country, his ability to give us a booming economy, and his choices for the Federal and Supreme courts.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I agree. We need to not only walk away, we need to loudly condemn any violence or armed protests. The Democrats also need to stop poking the bear. Their constant trying to remove Trump, whether he needs it or not, is only serving to agitate the more radical Trump supporters like the Q-Anon. And all of the censoring going on just confirms to them that they are right and this is some evil plot. Facebook and twitter just banned a bunch of Q-Anon accounts. This is not bringing our country together, or easing paranoia.
    I have mixed feelings about the best response to the issue. On the one hand a grave crime has been committed and it must be clear that anyone attempting such as he did will be held accountable. OTOH a very large part of the country, deluded or not, will be incensed by punitive action against him. He has in fact created both problems, but in such a way that it will in fact be hard to actually hold him accountable. This IS the lesson taught by dictators around the world in terms of forming opinion through the control of the media - even if that control comes by convincing some portion of the public to willingly avoid said media on the pretense it is itself corrupt.

I take exception with you going along with the spin the reactions of the corporations are 'censorship'. No private body or enterprise has any legal requirement to carry a destructive, incendiary message that IS in fact inciting violence. They - in fact - have a moral and legal obligation not to knowingly contribute to that sort of thing. Further, they have their own right to free speech, the right to say "I disagree with these people and will not willingly support them".

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    WITH COVID, he coulda been a two-term president. Another shot in the foot. Trump is a master at playing himself and hence the stupidest President in history.
    Last edited by whag; 01-12-2021, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied

Nah, absent COVID, Trump would have been a 2 term guy.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

That sure was the goal of the BLM movement this past Summer...

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Oh wow... the gang's all back together!!

Leave a comment:

• Psychic Missile
    replied

I agree. We need to not only walk away, we need to loudly condemn any violence or armed protests. The Democrats also need to stop poking the bear. Their constant trying to remove Trump, whether he needs it or not, is only serving to agitate the more radical Trump supporters like the Q-Anon. And all of the censoring going on just confirms to them that they are right and this is some evil plot. Facebook and twitter just banned a bunch of Q-Anon accounts. This is not bringing our country together, or easing paranoia.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It apparently is the very unfortunate consequence for the four years you guys have been spewing forth hate and contempt.

Remember how you guys were always trying to "understand" the violence of the left because "they're just trying to be heard"?
    I think it has more to do with the leader of the free world insisting that the biggest crime in political history has occurred. In the minds of that throng, that required further action.

The posts on Parler and other websites telegraphed that sentiment.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    As in the title. Even if Trumps presidency might be nearing a close - his legacy of chaos and destruction is rising to a feverish pitch.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/polit...tol/index.html

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politic...exy-story.html

https://patch.com/new-jersey/cinnami...-trump-rioting

There are plenty more. We must walk away from this insanity. We all most walk away from it.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Then feel free not to participate in this thread. But per the above, be reminded I will eject from the thread anyone making pejorative statements about anyone else posting in the thread.
    Damn, I guess you cant post in the thread anymore then.

Leave a comment: