Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Polls make me laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    It's swell of you to agree with me.
    As they say, even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Meanwhile, it gets tighter....

Cs-xfKpWgAEwDQR.jpg
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• https://theconservativetreehouse.com...11-point-poll/
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Latest ABC tracking poll shows Hillary with a 12-point lead over Trump. But what's the rest of the story? First of all, the sample size was tiny, a mere 847 respondents. Now let's look at the demographic breakdown:

36% Democrat
          31% Independent
          27% Republican

It would seem the real story is that ABC could only get a +12 for Hillary out of such an obviously rigged poll.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• See the Drudge Report before he replaces the picture of Hillary's eyes in 5 photos (or rather, 5 views of a single photo), along with headline SHOCK POLL: ALL TIED UP
            Last edited by John Reece; 10-24-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• WikiLeaks shows evidence of the Hillary campaign conspiring with the media and various pollsters to "cook" the polls:

Source: ZeroHedge

Now, for all of you out there who still aren't convinced that the polls are "adjusted", we present to you the following Podesta email, leaked earlier today, that conveniently spells out, in detail, exactly how to "manufacture" the desired data. The email starts out with a request for recommendations on "oversamples for polling" in order to "maximize what we get out of our media polling."

I also want to get your Atlas folks to recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media polling.

The email even includes a handy, 37-page guide with the following poll-rigging recommendations. In Arizona, over sampling of Hispanics and Native Americans is highly recommended:

Research, microtargeting & polling projects
              - Over-sample Hispanics
              - Use Spanish language interviewing. (Monolingual Spanish-speaking voters are among the lowest turnout Democratic targets)
              - Over-sample the Native American population

For Florida, the report recommends "consistently monitoring" samples to makes sure they're "not too old" and "has enough African American and Hispanic voters." Meanwhile, "independent" voters in Tampa and Orlando are apparently more dem friendly so the report suggests filling up independent quotas in those cities first.

- Consistently monitor the sample to ensure it is not too old, and that it has enough African American and Hispanic voters to reflect the state.
              - On Independents: Tampa and Orlando are better persuasion targets than north or south Florida (check your polls before concluding this). If there are budget questions or oversamples, make sure that Tampa and Orlando are included first.

Meanwhile, it's suggested that national polls over sample "key districts / regions" and "ethnic" groups "as needed."

- General election benchmark, 800 sample, with potential over samples in key districts/regions
              - Benchmark polling in targeted races, with ethnic over samples as needed
              - Targeting tracking polls in key races, with ethnic over samples as needed

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...gh-oversamples

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                WikiLeaks shows evidence of the Hillary campaign conspiring with the media and various pollsters to "cook" the polls:
                Notice how their talking points obviously tell all the dem operatives to 'switch the focus to Russia - a foreign government trying to interfere with free elections'?

We should be more outraged that OUR OWN MEDIA is engaging in interfering with free elections, and the Dems are complicit!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Even golden boy Nate Silver worked closely with the Obama campaign to produce made-to-order results in an attempt to sway the election.

Comment

• Nate Silver would NEVER do such a thing - he's the GOLD STANDARD.....

um

nevermind

Comment