Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists Will Kill You (partie deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Letting murderers and child molesters go? I can't see this as anything but evil...
    Were the individuals in question close to the end of their sentences?

Comment

Bull, there is no Constitutional right to release because you may get sick.As District Attorney Todd Spitzer said the numbers in prison is tracking with the general population. The bottom line is that you are going to get more people killed or hurt - leftism will kill you.
      The eighth amendment protects prisoners from cruel and unusual punishment which has been taken to include prison conditions. Its not a right of release because they may get sick, its the current conditions in the midst of a pandemic pose a serious danger to their health and if that danger is deemed 'cruel and unusual' in violation of the eighth amendment as per case law then the confinement in these conditions become unconstitutional. I don't agree that the dangers posed are 'cruel and unusual' especially in light of vaccines discovered. I'm not arguing for or against the order, I'm arguing against your claim that this is the left letting murderers and child molesters go.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Do you think that someone in prison still has the right to assemble when they want (1A), keep a firearm (2A), and not be searched without probable cause (4A)? While they aren't stripped of all rights such as being able to petition the Government for a redress of grievances (1A) or be subject to cruel and unusual punishment (8A), they don't have the same rights as people not convicted of a crime and imprisoned.
        Obviously not. Do you think prisoners have no rights at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

Obviously not. Do you think prisoners have no rights at all?
          What part of my post baffles you so much that you would ask that?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Were the individuals in question close to the end of their sentences?
            Who knows, as far as I read it was not addressed in the court order that Watermelon linked.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The eighth amendment protects prisoners from cruel and unusual punishment which has been taken to include prison conditions. Its not a right of release because they may get sick, its the current conditions in the midst of a pandemic pose a serious danger to their health and if that danger is deemed 'cruel and unusual' in violation of the eighth amendment as per case law then the confinement in these conditions become unconstitutional. I don't agree that the dangers posed are 'cruel and unusual' especially in light of vaccines discovered. I'm not arguing for or against the order, I'm arguing against your claim that this is the left letting murderers and child molesters go.
              Nonsense, that was one Judge's opinion. It will be appealed. If the rate of infection tracks with the general population as the DA stated they there is no reason to release them.Of course they will be letting murderers and child molesters at least according to the County Sheriff who probably has a better grasp on who will be released. And since the left wing ACLU brought this case - yes leftists will kill you. As the Sheriff said: "We've released 1,400 inmates to date since March for low-level offenders. The only inmates remaining now are serious offenders. Of the medically vulnerable, 90 of them are in custody for murder or attempted murder, 94 for child molestation."
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

FWIU, the rates of infection inside of prisons is basically the same as that of those outside of them. If so, then this wouldn't be something the 8A addresses.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's a matter of risk assessment. Who would be more at risk? The innocent public who would be put in danger if violent criminals were allowed back into society, or a convicted criminal isolated in his cell? The answer is obviously the risk of most harm is to allow them out of jail where they could wreak havoc upon the populace. One convicted criminal's safety vs the safety of innumerable innocents.

Anyone who is arguing for murderers and violent criminals to be let loose is morally bankrupt or insane.

Comment

Nonsense, that was one Judge's opinion. It will be appealed. If the rate of infection tracks with the general population as the DA stated they there is no reason to release them.Of course they will be letting murderers and child molesters at least according to the County Sheriff who probably has a better grasp on who will be released. And since the left wing ACLU brought this case - yes leftists will kill you. As the Sheriff said: "We've released 1,400 inmates to date since March for low-level offenders. The only inmates remaining now are serious offenders. Of the medically vulnerable, 90 of them are in custody for murder or attempted murder, 94 for child molestation."
                    My point is that this isn’t some new policy pushed through from the left, they made a legitimate legal argument which this judge agreed with. So your characterization that the left wants to let murderers and child molesters go is false.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      What part of my post baffles you so much that you would ask that?
                      I’m sorry I didn’t read your post properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        It's a matter of risk assessment. Who would be more at risk? The innocent public who would be put in danger if violent criminals were allowed back into society, or a convicted criminal isolated in his cell? The answer is obviously the risk of most harm is to allow them out of jail where they could wreak havoc upon the populace. One convicted criminal's safety vs the safety of innumerable innocents.

Anyone who is arguing for murderers and violent criminals to be let loose is morally bankrupt or insane.
                        No one is arguing for murderers and violent criminals to be let loose.

Comment

My point is that this isn’t some new policy pushed through from the left, they made a legitimate legal argument which this judge agreed with. So your characterization that the left wants to let murderers and child molesters go is false.
                          Will murderers, child molesters and serious offenders be let go - yes or no?

Comment

I’m sorry I didn’t read your post properly.
                            Apology accepted.

Comment

No one is arguing for murderers and violent criminals to be let loose.
                              Apparently the Judge and the ACLU are. That's the point of this thread.

Comment

Horowitz: MN gov paroles child-killer while threatening single mom with prison for opening restaurant

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...ing-restaurant

Comment