Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Villifying the MRMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    And that bugs me.

Comment

firstfloor, please do not participate in this thread. This isn't the thread for you to spew your anti-Christian stuff. Ironically, you of the feminist bent calls me dear. A bit condescending don't you think sugarplum?
      Last edited by Darth Xena; 02-27-2014, 06:32 AM.
      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
        A rather ungracious and deliberately unfair comparison, wouldn't you say? A man may fight an orc as he may fight an angry wrestler, in both cases the response of a normal person to a woman fighting the same is the breaking of the suspension of disbelief, one of the biggest reasons why 300 is beloved but Sucker Punch is reviled. It's the type of lazy and boring opening I expect from a political operative, meant to waste time.
        No, it was silly. If it is a waste of your time, please do choose to go do something else. I have very little time for forum board discussions, no time for whining.

The philosophy of equality is an immature and glib way of looking at the world, that will not survive in my presence. Feminism is evil precisely because it does not give up this demand for equality even when its tactics grow less openly crazy, having created enough anger and unpopularity to demand a reframe. If your heart still rebels, I will forgive a thousand sins on the part of your enemies who are at least aiming for the truth.
        The way the debate is framed for "equality" I disagree with the definition a lot of times. But many times, it is right.

Manboobz has taught you nothing more than to play highfalutin' political games, and must be dropped from your reading rotation if you expect me to take your criticism as anything other than unremarkable fluff. I seem to recall you being better than this.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Sailer doesn't have much of anything to do with MRM so there wouldn't be any reason for him to show up there.
          I am as yet unfamiliar with him, but I just knew I hadn't read of him at manboobz.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            feminism (equal rights for women)
            Actually these days feminism is about (mostly very manly) women trying to twist society into something more accepting of them (and thus automatically less accepting of normal people).
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

firstfloor, please do not participate in this thread. This isn't the thread for you to spew your anti-Christian stuff. Ironically, you of the feminist bent calls me dear. A bit condescending don't you think sugarplum?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Actually these days feminism is about (mostly very manly) women trying to twist society into something more accepting of them (and thus automatically less accepting of normal people).
                I am finding most "movements" are about that. Basically shouting, I deviate! The rest of you must change to suit me! (I am using the word deviate clinically, not pejoratively. I have a lot of quirks and deviations myself. I don't demand others change to suit mine or make me feel better.) One such one inherent to my deviations within my gender is that I have absolutely zero attraction to infants. I have never in my life held an infant. When a girl comes into the office with a baby, all of the other women go flocking to oooh and awww and hold it. I go elsewhere. I don't demand that my particularity be elevated to some status, and if people comment, I don't go boo too in offense. I deviate highly from most women in such a situation. I believe in traditional gender roles in marriage. I don't get all offended and demand that people change to suit my particular needs and beliefs such as if someone looks to me for a decision when we are out, and I prefer to let him be the voice for both of us.
                Last edited by Darth Xena; 02-27-2014, 07:38 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I am finding most "movements" are about that. Basically shouting, I deviate! The rest of you must change to suit me! (I am using the word deviate clinically, not pejoratively. I have a lot of quirks and deviations myself. I don't demand others change to suit mine or make me feel better.)
                  Precisely. I'm a basement dwelling misanthrope but things would go really badly if the world was rearranged to benefit people like me.
                  Last edited by Darth Executor; 02-27-2014, 07:54 AM.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I am finding most "movements" are about that. Basically shouting, I deviate! The rest of you must change to suit me! (I am using the word deviate clinically, not pejoratively. I have a lot of quirks and deviations myself. I don't demand others change to suit mine or make me feel better.) One such one inherent to my deviations within my gender is that I have absolutely zero attraction to infants. I have never in my life held an infant. When a girl comes into the office with a baby, all of the other women go flocking to oooh and awww and hold it. I go elsewhere. I don't demand that my particularity be elevated to some status, and if people comment, I don't go boo too in offense. I deviate highly from most women in such a situation. I believe in traditional gender roles in marriage. I don't get all offended and demand that people change to suit my particular needs and beliefs such as if someone looks to me for a decision when we are out, and I prefer to let him be the voice for both of us.
                    Why, this sounds downright...reasonable.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I have never in my life held an infant.
                      Figured you'd have to try hard to avoid any but the most moribund churches to avoid holding somebody else's baby. It's fun to make faces at them, though playing catch with them and an enterprising father or brother is generally frowned upon until they hit toddlerhood and learn to fall properly.

Nevertheless, the first moment a women looks into the eyes of their own child is definitely the big maturity event horizon for most, and avoiding anything that reminds you of that is probably a reason you can still sympathize with the devil's counselors.

Go to a younger church, find a reason to hold one (do not steal or play catch with it.)

Comment

No catch? No fun.

PS Might be scarce for a while, real life issues distracting me, doing the minimum online.
                        Last edited by Darth Xena; 02-28-2014, 06:07 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I stole your attraction to infants.

Although some of the nasties in my area are starting to burn it up.

Comment

Upon posting my last reply, I left for work early and found a neighborhood cat lazing about underneath my car. Black, thin, with collar, and what looked like white spots from a distance but up close seemed closer to patchy bits of fur torn out in scrapes with other neighborhood fauna. Still almost immediately friendly despite all that.

Trusting cuteness is often a restorer of spirits from unexpected places. When you come back, DeeDee, I expect to see photographic evidence of you making faces at a baby. (Return it to its owner once you're done.)

Comment

Still no baby holding.

But I have spent the past time reading MRA sites daily and while I think that feminism has done great harm to men, and am not a feminist, I have come to the conclusion that the online organized MRA movement is absolutely vile, evil, antiChristian, and blindly, incoherently misogynist and often racist and hateful to everyone other than white heterosexual men that think precisely as they do.

I started out with a predisposition to be sympathetic and supportive. I found only vileness, the male v female equivalent of Westboro Baptist or the KKK. I am ashamed of any women these guys allegedly "bang" but honestly I think they make most of it up. I still believe that there is a legitimate place for men's advocacy. They are not it. They are awful human beings. The mirror image of radical feminists.

sigpic

Comment

The mirror image of radical feminists.
                                Well, who started this whole thing again?

Comment