Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Not true Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were smart enough and self-aware enough to understand the problems with your posting, you wouldn't post like you do. Since you're evidently not that smart, nor yet that intellectually honest, it would be a waste of time explaining your dumbness to you.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      go-to

Like I said, blind to the truth. Too bad you won't have plausible deniability when you face Christ as Judge.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        You still don't get it. This earth and the heavens will be destroyed by God at the end of time and He will create a new heaven and a new earth. Of course, it's scriptural, which goes right over your head, because, as I said, you are blind by your sin and lack of faith.

1 Peter 3

Revelation 21

Etc.

I am not worried about this earth. It's only temporary anyway. I look forward to the new creation, of which I am already part.

So, carry on in your ignorance of truth and worry about your life here. You think it's all there is. You are wrong.
        I'm not sure this is really the correct way to think about things. Theologians like N.T. Wright point out that salvation does not simply mean going to heaven, but being raised to life in God's new heaven and earth. While we live in this earth in its present state we should be good stewards of it, because we will continue to be called as stewards with the new heaven and earth. I think Wright makes a good point when he states,

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I'm not sure this is really the correct way to think about things. Theologians like N.T. Wright point out that salvation does not simply mean going to heaven, but being raised to life in God's new heaven and earth. While we live in this earth in its present state we should be good stewards of it, because we will continue to be called as stewards with the new heaven and earth. I think Wright makes a good point when he states,

I agree we are to be good stewards of the earth while we are here. But the hypocrisy of AGW is rampant and the fundys on that side of the fence are totally rabid about their religion.

I choose to rely on scripture rather than what men have written, and trust that God will be true to His word. He will destroy this earth and the heavens and recreate them as His word proclaims.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

When I was a kid we didn't see bald eagles around mid-Michigan because the DDT destroyed their eggs.
            We also didn't have wild turkeys and so forth - but all of that has made a tremendous comeback.
            Now I've farmers from my hometown showing me photos of dozens of bald eagles.

We can thank the environmental wackos for that.

I flat out don't trust people who see our world as disposable.
            Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              I've seen that argument many times from Christians.
              Sort of like how many atheists argue that Christianity is evil because of folks like Torquemada?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                When I was a kid we didn't see bald eagles around mid-Michigan because the DDT destroyed their eggs.
                We also didn't have wild turkeys and so forth - but all of that has made a tremendous comeback.

We can thank the environmental wackos for that.

I flat out don't trust people who see our world as disposable.
                The DDT-eagle connection has been called into question several times although it continues to be reported unquestioningly.

Source: Bald Eagle-DDT Myth Still Flying High

Source

© Copyright Original Source

In any case, regardless of what role DDT played or did not play, human activity still seems to have been mostly responsible: "oil; lead; mercury; stress from noise, fear, excitement or disease; age; bird size (larger birds produce thicker shells); dehydration; temperature; decreased light; human and predator intrusion; restraint and nutrient deficiencies."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Dee Dee killed the bald eagles?

Comment

"Not true Christians"

That depends on what you mean. From my perspective, no one outside of the Catholic Church or the Eastern Orthodox Church is "true Christians." That's if you define the term in the narrowest sense of those people explicitly having the faith that Christ taught to the apostles, and that the Church Fathers themselves would have considered Christians.

The typical hallmark though between evangelicals and Christian fellowship is whether people agree to the Nicene Creed. In that matter, they don't fall through, as they recognize it as far as I have been able to tell.

I consider them a dangerous Christian cult, run by a whack leader, who is clearly a false prophet drunk with power.

Comment

I like Jesus' definition...

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                        I don't know about your turkeys, but it has been learned that DDT had nothing to do with thin egg shells. Do your research, lad.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                          If you were smart enough and self-aware enough to understand the problems with your posting, you wouldn't post like you do. Since you're evidently not that smart, nor yet that intellectually honest, it would be a waste of time explaining your dumbness to you.
                          More content-free impotent spluttering.

Comment

Like I said, blind to the truth. Too bad you won't have plausible deniability when you face Christ as Judge.
                            Like I said, blind to the evidence. Too bad you won't have any plausible deniability when you face your grandchildren as to why your generation allowed global warming to continue unfettered to the detriment of the planet and their quality of life.

I agree we are to be good stewards of the earth while we are here. But the hypocrisy of AGW is rampant and the fundys on that side of the fence are totally rabid about their religion.

I choose to rely on scripture rather than what men have written, and trust that God will be true to His word.
                            Scripture IS what men have written, there's no credible reason to believe otherwise.

He will destroy this earth and the heavens and recreate them as His word proclaims.
                            Like Noah's flood you mean? One day your deity might get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tass
                              One day your deity might get it right.
                              He got it right then, and He will get it right in the future.

And you will pray for the rocks to hide you and you WILL bow your knee and proclaim Him Lord, whether you want to or not. And you will be judged by Him for your unbelief.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Dee Dee killed the bald eagles?
                                Only if she married Mr. T.

Comment