Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Not true Christians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
    If I end up in heaven I plan on pelting you with lit firecrackers.
    If I end up in hell I plan on dunking your head in the molten lake of fire.
    Clarification: That is only if I'm close enough to hell to make pelting you with firecrackers convenient. My best guess, though, is that my spacious chateau will be located on a beautiful hill overlooking the ghettos populated by orthodox believers. Be sure to say hello to Darth_Executor for me.
    Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Nope. He had many favourites, but I don't recall that one as being one of them.
      Hmmm.... I kinda remember somewhere talking to somebody I loved and admired (so I assumed it was you ) about "Bring back the songs" (Chuck Wagon Gang) and....

oh, wait --- it's a line in that song!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0Md66ZKJ0

"I long to hear 'Revive us Again', 'On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand'
      'blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine', and my dad's favorite song - 'The Ninety and Nine'"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Too bad you weren't around on the day of Pentecost -- you'd be absolutely freekin' out... "No, NO!!!!! This CAN'T HAPPEN!!!! It will affect the WHOLE WORLD"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• What I said was not escapism. I was summarizing the message of Ecclesiastes the book of the bible that alongside Job and the gospels lead to the creation of christian existentialism. C.S Lewis, Soren Keirkagaard, King Solomon, none of themwould say my thoughts are escapist.
          sigpic

Comment

• My indifference to the future of this creation has more to do with my concern over the eternal fate of my children and grandchildren. THAT is more important than anything else.

And when humans worship the creation rather than the Creator, as it states in Romans 1, then there is a downward progression into depravity, which is horribly prevalent on this planet and getting worse every day.

So, the message of Christ and Him crucified has to be paramount with a believer above all else. It's that simple.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Well perhaps, in due course, the Almighty will allow you to pause from praising him in order to gloat at my eternal suffering in the Lake of Fire. Won't that be fun.
              Hey, cheer up -- I don't think anyone here has thrown the towel with regards to you, Tass.

I would certainly love to close up whatever discussions we've left open by the time we die within the first year of New Life or so.
              We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
              - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
              In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
              Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                My indifference to the future of this creation has more to do with my concern over the eternal fate of my children and grandchildren. THAT is more important than anything else.

And when humans worship the creation rather than the Creator, as it states in Romans 1, then there is a downward progression into depravity, which is horribly prevalent on this planet and getting worse every day.

So, the message of Christ and Him crucified has to be paramount with a believer above all else. It's that simple.

Comment

• It is impossible for mossrose to have a substantive impact on global warming regardless of her actions.
                  She simply cannot produce enough carbon (1), or reduce the production of carbon enough, to move the meter either way.

That said, your hyperbole has earned you 1 free entry in the Theologyweb Hyperbole Sweepstakes.
                  Keeping slinging more bloated gaseous nonsense to earn more entries!

NOTES
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  1: Her production of hot air is an entirely different matter. (2)
                  2: Sorry dearie, but you've done NOTHING to protect me from Trout
                  Actually YOU put Trump in the White House. He wouldn't have gotten 1% of the vote if it wasn't for the widespread spiritual and cultural devastation caused by progressive policies. There's no "this country" left with your immigration policies, your "allies" are worthless and even more suicidal than you are and democracy is a sick joke that I hope nobody ever thinks about repeating when the current order collapses. - Darth_Executor striking a conciliatory note in Civics 101

Comment

• Originally posted by Meh Gerbil View Post
                    It is impossible for mossrose to have a substantive impact on global warming regardless of her actions.
                    She simply cannot produce enough carbon (1), or reduce the production of carbon enough, to move the meter either way.
                    DOES have an impact.

Just as the overwhelming cumulative opinion of the majority of scientists agrees that the science is clear. Global warming is happening. We are the primary cause.

http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/globa...e#.WL99qdKGMdU
                    Last edited by Tassman; 03-07-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment