See less

Question for church-goin Christians...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can put as much lipstick on that pig as you'd like, but referendum is still a dumb word to use with "let all things be in order".... They weren't "voting" on anything, they were being led by the Spirit of the Living God.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by footwasher View Post
      It's a hard job, but someone's got to do it. Footwashing, pruning, whatchamacallit. Oh yeah, laying down your life.
      We are SO fortunate to have you to do that for us.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        We are SO fortunate to have you to do that for us.
        It's called standing in the gap...

Comment

It's called standing in the gap...
          Well, use good form!

Comment

Well, use good form!
            Why would I listen to worldly advice?

1 Corinthians 12:10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Comment

Comment

New friend?
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Paul fears he will, after ensuring others have been sanctified, himself lose the prize, so he beats his body to ensure he enters rest.
                  I used to look for tootwasher's posts but that passage quoted above put the kibosh on my admiration. Toot, toot. Perchance tootbrusher is a

Comment

1 Corinthians 12:10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
                    I think we're beginning to see a little better why you're so screwed up. Flip over another book to 2 Corinthians.

1 Cor 12:10 says "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:"

NOT what you claimed it said.

Interestingly enough, the scripture you referenced is all about UNITY in the body, showing how all member so the body work together, and culminates with "That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another."

I love ya man!

Comment

Wrong. Paul fears he will, after ensuring others have been sanctified, himself lose the prize, so he beats his body to ensure he enters rest. His success is recorded here:

2 Timothy 4:6For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come.7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.

Phillipians 2:17But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all.
                      When you reply with "Wrong," it helps to actually attempt to rebut the point made. These scriptures are utterly irrelevant to the point I made.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        When you reply with "Wrong," it helps to actually attempt to rebut the point made. These scriptures are utterly irrelevant to the point I made.
                        Based on new archaeological findings, advances have been made in interpretation. The theological world is excited about this view:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post159599

2 Corinthians 5:21For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

http://ntwrightpage.com/Wright_Becom...hteousness.pdf

Third, this reading of 5:21 has tied it in quite tightly, I think, to the whole argument of chaps. 3-5. This suggests to me that, although of course the first half of chap. 6 grows organically out of just this conclusion, it is misleading to treat 5:19 as though it were the conclusion of the long preceding argument and 5:20 as though it were the start of the new one. When it is read in the way I have suggested, 5:20-21 forms the natural climax to the entire argument of the preceding three chapters, with 6:1 being the point where Paul turns to address a specific appeal to the Corinthians. They have, after all, already been reconciled to God (5:20); 15 now they need to be urged not to receive this grace in vain (6:1). Moreover, they now have a significant new motive to heed this appeal: the one who speaks is not simply an odd, shabby, battle-scarred jailbird, but one who, however surprisingly, is a revelation in person of the covenant faithfulness of God.

Do you know what is meant by the term " covenantal faithfulness of God"?

Comment

I think we're beginning to see a little better why you're so screwed up. Flip over another book to 2 Corinthians.

1 Cor 12:10 says "To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:"

NOT what you claimed it said.

Interestingly enough, the scripture you referenced is all about UNITY in the body, showing how all member so the body work together, and culminates with "That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another."

I love ya man!
                          CP, how can we talk when you are still on milk food?

Comment

CP, how can we talk when you are still on milk food?
                            Ummmmm.... if I'm on milk food, you must be on drugs.

Comment

Ummmmm.... if I'm on milk food, you must be on drugs.
                              Actually, the Holy Spirit...

Comment

Actually, the Holy Spirit...
                                Yeah, the Mormons claim that, too.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X