Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
    No but I did assign her omniscience in that I prayed to her.
    Did you believe that Mary knew the exact number of stars in the universe? Or the exact amount of atoms in the Sun? If not, then you did not believe that she was omniscient.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

No but I did assign her omniscience in that I prayed to her.
      Why in the world would you assign her omniscience???
      אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        No you didn't.
        To call upon the name of the Lord is always a prayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
          Why in the world would you assign her omniscience???
          Because I believed she always knew exactly what I said and felt when I prayed silently along with all those who did the same thing at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
            Did you believe that Mary knew the exact number of stars in the universe? Or the exact amount of atoms in the Sun? If not, then you did not believe that she was omniscient.
            I believe she fully knew my heart when praying even silently- along with everyone else. This is the same thing as being omniscient (heart-knower).

Comment

Because I believed she always knew exactly what I said and felt when I prayed silently along with all those who did the same thing at the same time.
              I asked you why you believed she was omniscient. Did someone teach you that Mary was omniscent? Or was that your own idea?

Comment

• That's why I believed she was.
                I could pray anything and she would know.

Comment

That's why I believed she was.
                  So a telepath-- like, say, Professor Xavier from X-men-- is also omniscient?
                  Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• I don't know who that is or what that is about.

Comment

To call upon the name of the Lord is always a prayer.
                      I agree, but that's neither here nor there.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• It's here because it applies to what I was asked.

Comment

That's why I believed she was.
                          Somebody told you that Mary knew everything you said to her? But you do not know everything, therefore you could not tell her everything. You could at the most tell her what little you knew. That's not omniscience; that's just you believing that you could communicate with her. Assume everyone in the world could communicate everything they knew to her and she would know the collective wisdom of all mankind. Even that is not omniscience. Not even close. I was taught that God alone was omniscent. I have no idea what Mary knows. How can we know such things? I remember being taught something about the saints in heaven having the beatific vision whereby they know God face to face. Nobody ever thought they could explain what exactly that is because we do not as yet share in the beatific vision. If someone told you they knew such things, they were just making stuff up. Maybe they thought it sounded pious and good. The only prayer to Mary I was ever taught was the 'Hail Mary' in which we asked Mary to pray for us. Pretty simple stuff. As far as I can recall, no one ever said anything about Mary being omniscient, omnipotent, or God or a god or the creator. She was Jesus' mother and was obedient to God and we should be obedient to God like she was.

Comment

• Let them praise the name of the LORD, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven. (Psalm 148:13, NASB)

The only one due praise by every person is God. This is because His name ALONE is exalted. By offering praises (yes, this is prayer here) to Mary the RCC and others who pray to her are assigning her a position which God alone possesses.

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              Somebody told you that Mary knew everything you said to her? But you do not know everything, therefore you could not tell her everything.
                              If she knew everything that I said to her in silence along with myriads of others then she would be the heart-knower (omniscient).

Comment

If she knew everything that I said to her in silence along with myriads of others then she would be the heart-knower (omniscient).
                                If she knows all of that, and I have no idea if she does, that would not be omniscience. But who can say what exactly it means to behold God face to face, to share in the beatific vision? Do you really believe you know what the saints in heaven do and do not know?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X