This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, actually we don't. We're not that dumb.
    Somewhere someone probably is though. Well maybe.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

July 11/2014

Comment

We're not under the old covenant. And we don't think a deity is somehow connected to the tv. Some people may have a problem with setting priorities, but that's not what the second commandment is about. You do need to realize that most of the Christians here on tweb are already aware of any decent points you are making. In other words, you are preaching to the choir and treating basic math(addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication) like calculus.
        Last edited by Christianbookworm; 07-29-2015, 08:31 AM.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by zeke365 View Post
          We have already made idols in the church, Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough. Many other things as well.
          Since this speaks specifically to Israel it is only somewhat applicable to us. As far as it goes it would condemn the USA for all of it's turn to sin, rather than to the churches. Many churches are quite far from scripture, even heretical in many cases. The Church is alive and well even though some groups are falling (or fallen) away. We recognize that the true Church is made up of the believers all over the world and has little to do with individual buildings.

Would you please explain what you mean by the bold part of what I quoted. We already had one confusion resulting from your use of the word incite. I would like to know if you mean insight or something else. And the worship team is what ? My church does not have a worship team we all just worship with hymns, prayer together, and reading and study of the Word.

A little proof reading would go a long ways in getting your message across.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It hard to read where exactly he's coming from. He reminds me most of the new convert that starts reading the Bible and thinks no one else does. The worst is if he becomes a pastor. (Thinking of something JP Holding wrote along the lines of "a conversion experience and a few verses of Scripture are not sufficient qualification for a pastor.)

I think Zeke needs to learn more before he teaches.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I wonder how old he is? I'm 1/4 of a century and have known about the things zeke speaks of for at least 3/5 of my life.

Comment

understand I wrote this a year ago but when I said "Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough." was meaning that Pastors, worship team can be looked on as idols don't get me wrong on this I do think we should sing songs to God and all but what I m saying is that alot of people may look at them as idols instead of regular people. I hope this answers your question.

Comment

understand I wrote this a year ago but when I said "Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough." was meaning that Pastors, worship team can be looked on as idols don't get me wrong on this I do think we should sing songs to God and all but what I m saying is that alot of people may look at them as idols instead of regular people. I hope this answers your question.
                  I think this is actually very common knowledge by now, what with people like Joseph Prince, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Hillsongs, etc.
                  The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Why post old stuff anyways? Especially since it's like teaching addition to someone who has passed Calculus.

Comment

Again, zeke, I recommend proof reading and spell checking. I do not know what you mean by "incite." It means to stir up or encourage or something along that line. You should figure out what word you are going to use and spell them correctly so we can understand what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Again, zeke, I recommend proof reading and spell checking. I do not know what you mean by "incite." It means to stir up or encourage or something along that line. You should figure out what word you are going to use and spell them correctly so we can understand what you mean.
                        Perhaps it's grammar he needs.
                        The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

July 31, 2014

Comment

Cow Pole is responding to zeke's comment "I know lot of us when think of church we immediately think of a building."

In zeke's defense, I'm making the following two observations.

Certainly TWebbers won't think that. We have taken our Christian walk more seriously than the "average" Christian. So the observation is old news here.

Second, I've been in churches where the Trinity seems to be The Father, the Son, and the holy building. Does seem to be a malady of churches than have been established for a longer time. Maybe zeke comes from one of those churches.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                              Cow Pole...
                              Thanks, Thankful Mink.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks, Thankful Mink.
                                You've got no room to talk, typo boy.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment