Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Zeke365 God Lead Messages

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will start posting dates in the future sorry about that did not see an edit button all messages were were written in 013 the first on and all of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeke365 View Post
      All our life we have been taught to go to church listen to the pastor preach because he the only one that gets incite of the holy spirit (not all pastors are bad and some are walking in their calling.)
      Funny this is something I have never heard of before. Any one else ever been taught that only pastors can be stirred by the Holy Spirit?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        Funny this is something I have never heard of before. Any one else ever been taught that only pastors can be stirred by the Holy Spirit?
        Not me. I think we have another Mickiel type on our hands.

Comment

Yeah, several decades ago in a legalistic church. Took my family out of it. A few years later it was learned that he was sexually involved with several foster children. I guess the Holy Spirit must have really been stirring him.
          When I Survey....

Comment

Some guy that thinks he has special revelation from God? And yet doesn't realize that God would not plagiarise, because He don't have to and plagiarism is wrong.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              Yeah, several decades ago in a legalistic church. Took my family out of it. A few years later it was learned that he was sexually involved with several foster children. I guess the Holy Spirit must have really been stirring him.
              There's your problem. Legalistic hypocrites make poor teachers. And Jesus would give him a very stern lecture and shame him like the Pharisees were shamed.

Comment

The problem was that legalistic pastors are so high above their congregations that they are accountable to nobody, and do things behind the congregation's backs. There have been many examples of that in the past few decades. We can't question their authority. We are taught to believe that the Holy Spirit leads only through the pastors.
                When I Survey....

Comment

The problem was that legalistic pastors are so high above their congregations that they are accountable to nobody, and do things behind the congregation's backs. There have been many examples of that in the past few decades. We can't question their authority. We are taught to believe that the Holy Spirit leads only through the pastors.
                  Sounds like a cult. Those pastors might just end up scrubbing toilets.

Comment

Never heard or taught that - only a cult leader would claim such.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I LOVE accountability - if I get in trouble, it's the congregation's fault!!!!

(kidding, kinda)
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Indeed. According to the Bible, we are supposed to ask questions and make sure what the speaker is saying is true. Remember the Bereans?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Sounds like a cult. Those pastors might just end up scrubbing toilets.
                          Scrubbing toilets? That would be too great a grace for them who lead astray the people of God.

2 Peter 2

1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. 2 Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; 3 and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly lives thereafter; 7 and if He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men 8 (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds), 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority.

Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties, 11 whereas angels who are greater in might and power do not bring a reviling judgment against them before the Lord. 12 But these, like unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed, reviling where they have no knowledge, will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed, 13 suffering wrong as the wages of doing wrong. They count it a pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are stains and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, as they carouse with you, 14 having eyes full of adultery that never cease from sin, enticing unstable souls, having a heart trained in greed, accursed children; 15 forsaking the right way, they have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16 but he received a rebuke for his own transgression, for a mute donkey, speaking with a voice of a man, restrained the madness of the prophet.

17 These are springs without water and mists driven by a storm, for whom the black darkness has been reserved. 18 For speaking out arrogant words of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error, 19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved. 20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. 21 For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. 22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A dog returns to its own vomit,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”
                          The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Scrubbing toilets was jph's analogy of what would happen to a Christian deserving of no rewards. Seriously, if they were actually saved, what's the worst that could happen to them? A stern lecture? I sure would not want a lecture from Jesus, but I don't know how effective it would be to a spiritual abuser. Those jerks probably think they're in the right and will get an unpleasant wake up call.

Comment

At first I thought he meant that pastors incite the Holy Spirit to work, now I see that he meant that the Spirit gives insight to only pastors.

Neither are things I've ever heard taught.

Zeke, your experience of the church is unlike ours. The church you experienced is not the Church, most of us are not pastors, and all of us know our Bible. I cannot help but feel you have been failed.
                              Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

I read getting incite of the Holy Spirit as having the Holy Spirit incite them to preaching. I thought of it being an spelling error of insight, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. The sentence was not terribly clear, though you are correct.
                                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment