Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter how you slice it. The samwich thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And, when making PBJ for later consumption, put peanutbutter on BOTH slices of bread, then the jelly on one of them... it keeps the jelly from getting the bread soggy.
    Yep.

And when making a sammy to take on a picnic or work, if you put any mayo or mustard on it, put it between two pieces of meat or the meat and cheese, for the same reason (no sogginess)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Yep.

And when making a sammy to take on a picnic or work, if you put any mayo or mustard on it, put it between two pieces of meat or the meat and cheese, for the same reason (no sogginess)

And if you sit down in the outhouse, and your sammich falls down the hole, don't try to retrieve it --- it will be too soggy to eat.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm more concerned about soggy bacon.

And with that I invoke Jed's Law and win the thread

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And if you sit down in the outhouse, and your sammich falls down the hole, don't try to retrieve it --- it will be too soggy to eat.

Comment

Squiggly bacon is the best, but don't let the slices of lunch meat and cheese touch each other in the same sandwich as that is not kosher. But some lettuce between them, as the Book of Leviticus commands.
            אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I'm more concerned about soggy bacon.

And with that I invoke Jed's Law and win the thread
              Bacon, Lettuce and Bacon samwiches are pretty good. Especially if you replace the lettuce with more bacon. and the bread with even more bacon.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                Squiggly bacon is the best, but don't let the slices of lunch meat and cheese touch each other as that is not kosher.
                When you eat them, they WILL eventually "touch each other".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Bacon, Lettuce and Bacon samwiches are pretty good. Especially if you replace the lettuce with more bacon. and the bread with even more bacon.

Just one step away from perfection

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                    Squiggly bacon is the best
                    You are most certainly wrong Mr. Squiggle

Comment

You are most certainly wrong Mr. Squiggle
                      Only squiggly bacon is kosher.

Comment

When you eat them, they WILL eventually "touch each other".
                        That's OK because by that point, it's already on its way to the latrine. As Jesus himself said.

Comment

But do you do so in one bite?
                          Oh, well, no. Men have the big mouths. But the thing is....yon said man and not woman.
                          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Oh, well, no. Men have the big mouths. But the thing is....yon said man and not woman.
                            But the wimmenfolk are more than our match for quantity of what comes out.

Yes, I fully expect someone to come along and change quantity to quality and say they "fixed it"

Comment

And, when making PBJ for later consumption, put peanutbutter on BOTH slices of bread, then the jelly on one of them... it keeps the jelly from getting the bread soggy.
                              Must be a "white bread" thing. I regularly take PJB sammiches to work, and I never have soggy bread from the jelly.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Must be a "white bread" thing. I regularly take PJB sammiches to work, and I never have soggy bread from the jelly.
                                That's cause you EAT them right when you GET there!

Comment