Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ben Carson Tells Lies. Big Deal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    It amuses me that some posters here (eg One Bad Pig particularly comes to mind) who in the past have emphasized the importance of experience, and particularly emphasized the importance of being a governor as a far more important type of political experience than being in congress... don't seem to be strongly expressing the view that they have a major problem with Ben Carson's complete and utter lack of political experience of any kind whatsoever. Seems like "experience" is only a criteria they pay attention to if it helps their side.

I think Trump can probably get away with a lack of political experience because his business experience can be (claimed to be) relevant. Carson just isn't a serious candidate experience-wise. I think he would lose incredibly horribly in the general because of that. For both that reason, and his excessive lying, I'd love to see him win the Republican primary.
    It somewhat surprises me that, given my views regarding the importance of experience, I need to say anything regarding my support (or lack thereof) of candidates with no experience.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      How bout getting off your high horse, Sam?
      No thanks; I'm taller this way. Don't go taking that away from me.

So, what does ANY of that have to do with your goofy attempt at determining whether or not a building was renovated by looking at a picture of part of a room?
      What I said is that I've seen no evidence of WLH 203 being renovated to that extent. I never claimed to be basing that solely on looking at the picture supplied.

You're sounding more and more like the atheists all the time.
      It's not a Christian thing to circle the wagons when someone is caught out lying for Jesus. As a Christian, I have a very low tolerance for people incorporating God into lies. Call it a character flaw if you wish.
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        No thanks; I'm taller this way. Don't go taking that away from me.

What I said is that I've seen no evidence of WLH 203 being renovated to that extent. I never claimed to be basing that solely on looking at the picture supplied.

It's not a Christian thing to circle the wagons when someone is caught out lying for Jesus. As a Christian, I have a very low tolerance for people incorporating God into lies. Call it a character flaw if you wish.
        Translation: "He's a republican, therefore I will do anything in my power to call him a liar because he doesn't have a D next to his name."

See, isn't that more honest than pretending that you're not just a partisan hack that will do anything in his power to make somebody with an R next to their name sound like evil incarnate?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Then why didn't you just leave that out, since it's downright goofy and proves nothing, AND, it's way out of your wheelhouse (as you would say )?

It's not a Christian thing to circle the wagons when someone is caught out lying for Jesus.
          Circle the wagons? And - If he's lying, and there appears to be some problems in that area, he's lying for Ben - not for Jesus. This is what I would expect atheists to say.

As a Christian I have a very low tolerance for people incorporating God into lies.
          Yeah, cause Christians always love to jump on other Christians accusing them of "lying for Jesus".

Call it a character flaw if you wish.
          Sounds more like jackassery.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think your real character flaw is insisting that someone is lying when you have no proof to support the accusation, and there is evidence that exonerates them.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The Wall Street Journal debunked...

by Buzzfeed!

Source: Buzzfeed

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...on#.iwqad7KJ2b

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                I'm most definitely NOT a Fundy of any sort.

YOU on the other hand...

So believing in the "Blue Fairy" disqualifies one from being President?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...P=share_btn_fb

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  The FBI is not officially investigating Hillary. It's investigating the possibility of someone having hacked the emails.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...#ixzz3r6AlgSpG
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                    Which one is that? I thought until October it was the Dems, but I have renounced them (particularly now that James Webb is not running for POTUS).
                    The Republicans, of course, are even worse. With them, instead of "Spend and elect (regardless of the national debt increase)", but "Cut taxes and elect (regardless of the ten trillion dollar national debt increase."
                    Of the other parties, the Libertarian and Constitutionalists (American Independent) are looney-tunes Rightists, and the Greens and the Peace and Freedom (I. e. Communist) parties are looney-tunes Leftists. Hasn't been a real American party since Ross Perot's Reform Party in 1992 and 1996.
                    Being a CPA I am sure you know the difference between tax rates and tax revenue?

As a political expert I am sure you know that Trump is for raising taxes on the "Rich".

Trump said his tax plan is going to cost him personally a lot of dough.

Comment

I pretty much knew you meant, you Fundy Atheist.

I'm glad you know the U.S. of A. will better off with an ontological naturalist gubbernment.

Aren't you a furrener anyhoo?

How 'bout yo mind yer own beeswax and concentrate on pushing the gubmint of whatever part the defunct Empire in which you reside towards enlightened Fundola Atheism.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                        Being a CPA I am sure you know the difference between tax rates and tax revenue?

As a political expert I am sure you know that Trump is for raising taxes on the "Rich".

Trump said his tax plan is going to cost him personally a lot of dough.
                        If there's one politician out there who personifies the need to verify rhetoric, it's Trump.

"I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Sam and his Atheist Libtard friends and Christian liberals like RegalRisk and Papalistic make me glad I'm going to leave this Earth soon...

Comment

If there's one politician out there who personifies the need to verify rhetoric, it's Trump.
                            Don't be such a Kiljoy - let Trump rant! We haven't had this much entertainment since the infamous Howard Dean Scream!

Comment

Don't be such a Kiljoy - let Trump rant! We haven't had this much entertainment since the infamous Howard Dean Scream!
                              Hey now - don't forget VP Clown Shoes.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Hey now - don't forget VP Clown Shoes.
                                We could start a whole 'nuther thread!

Comment