Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama: A Slap In the Face Of The Pope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama: A Slap In the Face Of The Pope?

Or the Catholic faith in general? Doesn't Obama have any sense of decorum?

Gays, Transgenders, 'Nun on the Bus' Invited to White House Pope Francis Reception

Guests at the White House reception for Pope Francis on September 23 will include several gay and transgender persons, a controversial nun, a radical preacher and a gay Episcopal bishop.

Several of the invitations to the event, which is part of the pope's three-city tour of America September 22-27, were offered by Vivian Taylor. Taylor, 30, considers himself transgender, which means he identifies as a sex different from his biology. Taylor has male anatomy but dresses and presents himself as female. Until March of this year he was the Executive Director of Integrity USA, a homosexual and transgender activist wing of the Episcopal Church. Taylor lives in Boston and is now freelance writing.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/mark-jud...ncis-reception
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post

Given the fact that the pope willingly embraced a transgender "man" recently....
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What does this have to do with Obama? Other than it being a Whitehouse function

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Oh, no. There will be undesirables in the crowd meeting the Pope! What on earth would Jesus say?

Somehow, I think Pope Francis will take this in good stride.
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

It means Obama needs a new protocol officer. It's crass to invite people who are likely to find each other objectionable to the same social event.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

What? No invitation to Richard Dawkins? Why not a couple of pro-choice activists as well? just to round things out.

Must have been an oversight.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Given the fact that the pope willingly embraced a transgender "man" recently....
              The horror!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                It means Obama needs a new protocol officer. It's crass to invite people who are likely to find each other objectionable to the same social event.
                The Obama Administration seems to have a habit of going out of their way to insult those that they don't like as evidenced by how they immediately took steps to downgrade relations between us and Britain[1][2].

The Pope represents the Catholic Church which many liberals despise for their opposition to both abortion and gay marriage. It is no surprise that, considering their previous history, will rub the pope's nose in it.

1. Apologists for Obama have sought to explain his evident disdain for Britain by citing his father's overt hatred toward them, but its not like Obama actually knew his father and could have picked it up from him as he grew up (his parents separated almost immediately after his birth and his father visited him only once about 10 years later)

2. After first denying the bowing until too many photographs came out the White House explained that Obama only bowed because he was considerably taller than the leaders that he was meeting, but Elizabeth was the shortest of all of them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                  What? No invitation to Richard Dawkins? Why not a couple of pro-choice activists as well? just to round things out.

Must have been an oversight.

So if the doctor was wrong and the baby certainly was viable in that it actually survived an attempt to kill it, then the doctor shouldn't be "burden[ed]" with trying to keep the baby alive since it had the gall to "not just coming out limp and dead."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Isn't this pope dude pretty liberal about that issue?

Comment

Yes, yes he is.

Comment

I wish Francis would explain exactly what he thinks on the issue without him making a vague statement and without having his handlers say he didn't really mean what he appeared to have said or that it was mistranslated.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I wish Francis would explain exactly what he thinks on the issue without him making a vague statement and without having his handlers say he didn't really mean what he appeared to have said or that it was mistranslated.
                          Or the media doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            Yes, yes he is.
                            At least relatively speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              At least relatively speaking.
                              Sure,

I can't imagine the guy caring even half as much as pundits say he should or will

Comment