Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    I can't believe this is seriously being considered.....
    It's totally ridiculous.

I can't help but think that a big part of people losing their minds, chopping off their limbs or genitals, because they think it's not them, has to come from living in a Western world that's rich and comfy, where our basic needs are met, and that affords people the ability to overanalyze every nonsense thought that comes into their mind to the point of obsession. And when that same selfish world says, "Hey! Do anything that makes you feel good, go for it! In fact, it's good for you!" despite the long term harm that mutilating oneself may cause to that person, and the people they love, it results in the madness that we witness today. If you live in a third world toilet where you experience a real survival-based suffering, where you don't know where your next meal is going to come from, where you don't know how you're going to feed your children, when you're worried about ISIS torturing you, turning you into a human bomb, or killing, raping and mutilating your loved ones, you don't have time or opportunity to listen to any inner voice whispering in your ear telling you, you should lop off your sex, telling you that having arms and legs is the actual cause of your inner anguish. This madness we see is what happens when we live in a fat and comfortable world. We have to create our own drama, and cause our own suffering, because there isn't enough external, truly life-threatening drama in our lives anymore. It's demonic, and evil, and the only thing that can heal these people, and this world is Christ Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Anyone else like completely bewildered that this sort of thing actually needs to be explained? My 9 year old niece grasps this concept, how is it a grown man can't figure it out? It's just total lunacy.
      Their devotion to progressivism: who knows if these group of people will be swept up in the great LGBTQIAWTFBBQ movement? Condemnation now might turn out to be on the wrong side of history and one should not be on the wrong side.

In addition, because the progressive is devoted to blatant lies about the nature of humans and the sexes, their minds are dulled because they are too used to defending falsehood.

Comment

It's totally ridiculous.

I can't help but think that a big part of people losing their minds, chopping off their limbs or genitals, because they think it's not them, has to come from living in a Western world that's rich and comfy, where our basic needs are met, and that affords people the ability to overanalyze every nonsense thought that comes into their mind to the point of obsession. And when that same selfish world says, "Hey! Do anything that makes you feel good, go for it! In fact, it's good for you!" despite the long term harm that mutilating oneself may cause to that person, and the people they love, it results in the madness that we witness today. If you live in a third world toilet where you experience a real survival-based suffering, where you don't know where your next meal is going to come from, where you don't know how you're going to feed your children, when you're worried about ISIS torturing you, turning you into a human bomb, or killing, raping and mutilating your loved ones, you don't have time or opportunity to listen to any inner voice whispering in your ear telling you, you should lop off your sex, telling you that having arms and legs is the actual cause of your inner anguish. This madness we see is what happens when we live in a fat and comfortable world. We have to create our own drama, and cause our own suffering, because there isn't enough external, truly life-threatening drama in our lives anymore. It's demonic, and evil, and the only thing that can heal these people, and this world is Christ Jesus.
        Amen, amen, amen, amen.....
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It's demonic, and evil, and the only thing that can heal these people, and this world is Christ Jesus.
          There's no need to appeal specially to the Lord. You claim that this is founded by prosperity and peace; it will likewise collapse once these two are no more.

Comment

Anyone else like completely bewildered that this sort of thing actually needs to be explained? My 9 year old niece grasps this concept, how is it a grown man can't figure it out? It's just total lunacy.
            "They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator" (and surrounding text)
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Babies are more like property to which the parents have a duty of care. So they are somewhere between a person and a set of golf clubs.
              This kind of attitude is exactly why we have people thinking they can chop off body parts to fix a spiritual or mental problem.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Babies are more like property to which the parents have a duty of care. So they are somewhere between a person and a set of golf clubs.
                PLEASE tell me someone screwballed this comment...
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  PLEASE tell me someone screwballed this comment...

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    Generally we rely upon medical studies and scientific consensus to determine if a possible curative avenue is fundamentally harmful.
                    Cutting off a limb is by definition fundamentally harmful....
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Unless she is REALLY ugly...

coyote-ugly-saloon-las.jpg
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        The only exception is if the limb is cancerous or infectious or gangrenous.
                        The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Transgendered people should at least hear the other side:

He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people. Dr. McHugh further noted studies from Vanderbilt University and London’s Portman Clinic of children who had expressed transgender feelings but for whom, over time, 70%-80% “spontaneously lost those feelings.”
                          http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...der-sex-change

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I just can't help but think (OK, my mind works weird) what a slap in the face this is to people who are made amputees not by their own choosing. Our Wounded Warriors, people who have been in bad accidents, people who have had to undergo amputation due to diseased or infect body parts.....

This is just sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I just can't help but think (OK, my mind works weird) what a slap in the face this is to people who are made amputees not by their own choosing. Our Wounded Warriors, people who have been in bad accidents, people who have had to undergo amputation due to diseased or infect body parts.....

This is just sick.
                              I think it's a slap in the fact to anybody with a disability. I mean, do these people even realize how much others would pay just to have a healthy body?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Yeah, everybody's a victim - no hope.
                                Its not that there is no hope, some people are able overcome the societal pressures to be something they are not, others try to conform to the social norms their entire lives. There is hope though, knowledge changes with time, and people, some people that is, are beginning to understand that gender identity and human sexuality are not the black and white issues they believed them to be. Actually, this has been known for some time now, but re-educating people as to the facts and so changing societal expectations is obviously a slow process.

Comment