Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transabled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    I think my point here, is that most rational people would try and deal with the psychological problems that a transabled person has, rather than see them have an arm or leg surgically removed. Deal with the psychological end, not the physical end. As I believe we should deal transgender people.
    You are neglecting the right to personal autonomy.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      Like you do to unborn babies?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well first FF, wouldn't you rather see the transabled person made right mentally rather than by cutting off body parts? And wouldn't we want the same for transgender people? Second, you are free, pretty much, to do what you like - just don't ask me to pay for it, which will happen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5711267.html
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

And people wonder why I have such a pessimistic outlook on the human species in general.

Comment

If you want to cut off your arm that is okay with me. But as Seer points out the rest of us are expected to bear the financial burdens.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              I think my point here, is that most rational people would try and deal with the psychological problems that a transabled person has, rather than see them have an arm or leg surgically removed. Deal with the psychological end, not the physical end. As I believe we should deal transgender people.
              What if those psychological problems cannot be cured through therapy?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                That's a difficult question.... It makes me wonder a couple things:

1. How could we know that for sure?
                2. Are you admitting that these are psychological problems, not a case of someone being "born in the wrong body?" Because, if so...
                3. The idea of, say, amputating a limb because the person's mind fails to recognize it properly is not correcting the problem, but rather accommodating it. Basically just masking it. In a very permanent way.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  But as Seer points out the rest of us are expected to bear the financial burdens.
                  Not really. The money we pay in taxes is not our money so the cost to the treasury is not our burden as such and taxpayers have no direct say in how tax dollars are spent.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Like you do to unborn babies?
                    For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Cow Poke, don't you realize? It's perfectly fine to cut your hand off if you feel like it and the same goes for babies.

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I support the :
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      Generally is someone is harming themselves we actually try avoid saying "let them keep at it if it they think it helps"
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                        I read a little while ago (so I can't remember the name of the chap) an article about a chap who has now undergone TWO sex change operations, first to become a woman, and then to become a man again.

He has a very similar story and reckons that generally people making the decision to do it shouldn't be.

I'll see if I can either remember his name or find the article
                        Yes, I remember that too and I think we are going to see a lot more of so-called 'reassigned' people wanting to change back because I think a lot of people are just used by the liberals who are driving their own cultural revolution.

Comment

Not really. The money we pay in taxes is not our money so the cost to the treasury is not our burden as such and taxpayers have no direct say in how tax dollars are spent.
                          face palm for sure.jpg
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
                            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Cow Poke, don't you realize? It's perfectly fine to cut your hand off if you feel like it and the same goes for babies.

Why would a baby want to cut off Cow Poke's hand????

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              I read a little while ago (so I can't remember the name of the chap) an article about a chap who has now undergone TWO sex change operations, first to become a woman, and then to become a man again.

He has a very similar story and reckons that generally people making the decision to do it shouldn't be.

I'll see if I can either remember his name or find the article
                              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...k-operate.html

Comment

Similiar story, but I'm not certain it's the same chap....the photo does not look like the person I remember (but it was some years ago I read it, so I may well be mistaken)
                                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                                -Ben Witherington III

Comment