Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    That's a tiny cat...(and old too!) unless you meant it's a 9mm Mauser
    He said 9mm Mouser, like a small mouse, not a Meowser.

Comment

That's a tiny cat...(and old too!) unless you meant it's a 9mm Mauser
      Tiny? A gun that's supposed to fire 9mm ammo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        I am the owner of a WWII surplus 9mm Mouser. I hardly ever kill anyone.
        My father used to own a WWII .38 Webley revolver (British side arm)
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I am the owner of a WWII surplus 9mm Mauser. I hardly ever kill anyone.

ETA to correct a dumb spelling error. Thanks LJ. And I even knew how to spell it.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• I still hardly ever kill anyone.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Been quite a while for me.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I still hardly ever kill anyone.
                My new New Years resolution is to cut way back. No more than once a week.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I don't know why everyone is slacking off with the killing.
                  "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• It gets tiresome.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                      He said 9mm Mouser, like a small mouse, not a Meowser.
                      A mouser is another name for a cat that is good at catching mice...
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

A mouser is another name for a cat that is good at catching mice...
                        good to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                          I don't know why everyone is slacking off with the killing.
                          Body disposal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• The problem with idealism like FF is spouting is the same problem with pacifism in general. It only works if everyone is good and honest and don't break any laws. Then you could have a society without war, guns, or fighting. So far it only works on paper. As soon as you put real people into the mix you end up with someone wanting to harm another, or steal from them and having a way to protect yourself is necessary.

One day when Jesus returns, we will have such a society. But I don't think people like FF will like that, since they won't be part of that society.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Body disposal.
                              Yeah, I only got 47 acres.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                The problem with idealism like FF is spouting is the same problem with pacifism in general. It only works if everyone is good and honest and don't break any laws. Then you could have a society without war, guns, or fighting. So far it only works on paper. As soon as you put real people into the mix you end up with someone wanting to harm another, or steal from them and having a way to protect yourself is necessary.
                                The problem with most liberal policies is that they work great on paper but are an utter disaster in the real world, i.e. gun control, Obamacare, open borders, amnesty, common core, green energy, etc.

I, on the other hand, am a firm believer in Ronald Reagan's tried and true policy of peace through strength.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment