Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

It's Confirmed, Men Are Pigs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    It depends on the comment and tone of voice PM.
    Also the context. It's just plain rude to take up a stranger's time when they're walking down the street. They obviously have somewhere to go. Even if these men were trying to have a conversation (they are not) it's still socially unacceptable.

Comment

People also seem to forget this is an EDITED video, 2 minutes from 10 hours.

I could take that same source video and create a 2 minute video showing that she walked down the street and nobody paid attention to her at all.
      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
        Also the context. It's just plain rude to take up a stranger's time when they're walking down the street. They obviously have somewhere to go. Even if these men were trying to have a conversation (they are not) it's still socially unacceptable.
        you are so full of crap.

Comment

If you're walking down the street minding your own business, having tons of unsolicited remarks going your way just because your a woman can be bothersome. Maybe not to you, but to some, if not most women, it is.

10 hours worth of walking around and having less than 2 minutes worth of 'material' doesn't seem to be a huge issue at all PM. Perhaps I'm just not quite that stuck up that I assume any man who tells me 'hello' or 'good morning' is attempting to hit on me either or maybe I'm just a friendly person that finds it rather rude to just pretend as though nobody else exist. Of course, the icing on the cake seems to be a man attempt to tell a women how 'bothersome' it is daring to have somebody talk to you. Such a horrible burden having to say 'hello' to somebody.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And you, seem to be a rather stuck up individual that can't stand giving somebody a 5 second greeting. Perhaps you're the problem with the US today. How dare the lower classes tell you hello and dare address you? Eh?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• How long does it take to say "hi"??? yeah wasting their valuable time.

Now I am betting if there were two halves of this video, one showing the black kids calling out comments and one showing white guys totally ignoring the woman, he would be defending the blacks saying "it's just part of their black culture, they don't mean anything by it"

Comment

How long does it take to say "hi"??? yeah wasting their valuable time.
                Just a sign of how rude and stuck up PM really is. I've hard decent conversations with people I don't really know that held me up longer than the 2 seconds it takes to utter out 'hello' or 'good morning'. Must be pretty sad that you can't even spare having to move your lips and tongue because there sure is some entertaining people out there.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  And you, seem to be a rather stuck up individual that can't stand giving somebody a 5 second greeting. Perhaps you're the problem with the US today. How dare the lower classes tell you hello and dare address you? Eh?
                  5 seconds? heck it only takes about 1/10 of a second to say "hi"

I do it everyday with people on the street and get greeted right back and neither of us even slows down. It is not a waste of time to be friendly.

Comment

• Oh my goodness. I was harassed by people saying "howdy" to me in the shoutbox today! The NERVE of those people! I should ban them.

Comment

I do it everyday with people on the street and get greeted right back and neither of us even slows down. It is not a wasted of time to be friendly.
                      I'm using a much higher percentage of time. I just find it rather amusing that PM seems to think people daring to tell him 'hello' or 'good morning' is such a horrible inconvenience and waste of time. My dad would have full on conversations with total strangers and that took longer. Guess PM just isn't all that friendly of a person.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Oh my goodness. I was harassed by people saying "howdy" to me in the shoutbox today! The NERVE of those people! I should ban them.
                        But don't forget to let them know that they dared to talk to their betters and should know better than to say 'hello' to you.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I do it everyday with people on the street and get greeted right back and neither of us even slows down. It is not a waste of time to be friendly.
                          I do have to ask though, what end are you trying to achieve with being friendly via a hello though? Especially in light that for some folk, even those mild hellos are intrusive (Be it for personality reasons, or in my case, cultural reasons), subjective intentions being utterly irrelevant (Because, hello, we can't read minds).
                          Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                          As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

• Originally posted by Andius View Post
                            I do have to ask though, what end are you trying to achieve with being friendly via a hello though? Especially in light that for some folk, even those mild hellos are intrusive (Be it for personality reasons, or in my case, cultural reasons), subjective intentions being utterly irrelevant (Because, hello, we can't read minds).
                            If it makes somebodies day; great. If it upsets an uppity person, who doesn't like peasants addressing them, even better. Either way, sounds like a 'win' to me.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

There's a difference between striking up a conversation and making a comment to a woman walking by because you find her attractive.
                              So it's only OK to say "hi" to unattractive women? That sounds pretty sexist.

---

Holy moley! Total strangers are coming to my door tonight and saying "Hi" and then "Trick or Treat" and expecting me to give them candy!!! Don't they know they are wasting my time and harassing me? How dare they???

Comment

• Originally posted by Andius View Post
                                When I say "hi" to someone I just want to be friendly. I don't expect them to stop and talk to me, but I do expect them to say "hi" back or at least nod at me and smile. I am an equal opportunity greeter, I say it to men or women.

Comment