Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Men Speak Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Then stop dishonering it because you know that suppression is the only way your ideology can win.
    What a goofy response. Can it get any worse?

I disagree with you that there is a voter fraud problem to begin with so it is you, and republicans in general, not me who assumes dishonesty. Republicans have never been able to show the wide spread voter fruad that they imagine there to be, and that they claim there to be in order that they enact these laws which disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of citizens. Now you, I am sure are well aware of the true purpose of these laws, i.e. to undermine democracy and steal elections, even if you are incapable of admitting to it. Its just that you want to win CP, and so you have to fool yourself into believing what the propagandists tell you about voter fraud.
    Yup... even goofier.

Nobody said you did, but if you were really interested one way or the other you could easily find what Rand Paul said about it for yourself.
    Because you're incapable of making a cogent argument?

I'll tell you what I am not doing CP
    Making sense? We already know that.

I am not making myself feel good about counciling the poor and minorities to better themselves while stabbing them in the back at the ballot box.
    So, let's see... actually HELPING them is just "feel good" stuff, but spewing forth garbage from your Mommy's basement is... what? And it's COUNSELING, not "couciling".

I don't want to council people on how they can do better in an unjust system,
    COUNSEL!!!! And it's good that you are NOT "counciling" them, because you're incapable!

I want a fair and just system to begin with CP, not a corrupt one run by the wealthy puppets of wealthy Corporations and Banks, thats what I am working for.
    So, you just want to keep them on the plantation until your liberal buddies produce more Detroits?

Jimmy -- the BEST thing for them is to learn how the PRESENT system works, unfair as it may be, and let them turn it to their advantage.

COUNSEL!!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll tell you what I am not doing CP
      That would make a GREAT thread! We could include...

A) making sense
      2) spelling correctly
      C) using contractions correctly
      D) using possessives and plurals correctly
      5) putting forth cogent arguments
      6) using proper citations
      G) contributing meaningfully to society
      8) .......
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• One of the reason blacks are speaking out is because blacks, according to many blacks themselves, are worse off under Obama. Not just a little, but a lot... (bolding mine)

Source: BlackQuillAndInk.com

So, according to the script of this political culture, election of a black man as president meant more than an end to racism. The conclusion had to be that if the man holding the highest political office in the nation was black, it must follow that blacks would be better off.

Now blacks have a dilemma. We have a black president, and blacks are worse off. Not just a little, but a lot worse off.

In the words of longtime Congressional Black Caucus member Maxine Waters, D-Calif., “Our people are hurtin’.”

Blacks now grapple with two possible conclusions.

One, our black president is a traitor to his race. Our struggles put him in power and now he’s not taking care of his folks. He’s become, in the words of left-wing professor and activist Cornel West, a “mascot” of Wall Street.

Or, two, that the man’s performance reflects his views and his capability, not his race. He’s not delivering for anyone. Blacks are hurting more because they were already in worse shape when Obama got elected. Bad policies hurt the weakest the most.

And it happens that the bad policies that have always failed are the big government liberalism that has defined modern black politics.

© Copyright Original Source

- See more at: http://blackquillandink.com/?page_id....HgJWS1g9.dpuf

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          My point is, because the USA was mostly settled from immigrants from Europe there are more white people here, and it is the dominant race here.
          Uh...this is a problem. White people absolutely shouldn't be the most dominant race. If America is to truly stand for fairness and equality, then no race should be more dominant than another. Perhaps you meant to say "the most populous" race here," but even then, the white race has achieved that status in this country in large part due to a history of federally-ordained systematic exclusion and slaughter, not merely because of historical happenstance.

So yeah, you are going to see more white people on TV, or on the street, or in schools and in society in general. And other racial groups might feel a bit out of place among whites, but that is not necessarily because the whites are being racist. A lot of that is how the minorities feel about living in a society where they are fewer in number. It is not a conspiracy or racism.
          But as I said, if you say that a TV show is set in a real place like New York City, which is known for being VERY racially diverse, and yet your portrayal of the setting looks NOTHING like the real place that you say it is, and the difference is that the diversity--one of the MAIN things that gives your real setting its identity--has been removed, then there's clearly an issue here, and you can't wave it away by saying "It's a TV show, it doesn't have to be realistic." I mean, comparatively speaking there are NOT vastly more white people percentage-wise in that city.

So if you grew up and felt like you were being treated differently it might be mostly because of the way YOU perceive the world and not how the general public viewed you. They might have noticed you were different from them, just like you noticed you were different from them, but that doesn't equate to them being racist to you any more than you were being racist to them.
          Uh, no. It's definitely not "mostly because" of the way *I* perceive the world. My personal perceptions do not explain why other people tend to refer to people who look like me as "Asian-American" while referring to people with light skin as simply "American." My personal perceptions do not explain why other people act so surprised when Asians do poorly and black people excel in school, yet aren't surprised either way whether a white person fails or excels. I'm not saying that they personally hate me or consciously think that I'm inferior, but it is clear that minorities like myself are viewed and treated differently, and that it's not merely my personal perception speaking here.

So maybe, just maybe, instead of racism on the part of the white people, a lot of the problem is paranoia on the part of the minority.
          Paranoia doesn't explain those facts.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Are you saying that this happens in modern-day America? If so, could you give an example? This seems like an overly strong claim to me.
            There are some people in America who are so poor that they lack access to basic forms of ID. This also means that they lack access to personal transportation, competent public schools, clean and secure housing locations, safe neighborhoods, healthy and nutritious food, etc.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

You think those movies were true stories????

I have this bridge in Brooklyn I am willing to sell really cheap. Interested?
              21 was based on a true story. The main characters corresponded to real people.

Comment

No, I did not say that they are lying, what I said is to consider the source. What I said is that they are either paid political hacks, i.e. lying in a right wing propagandist produced video, or, and "or" is the operative word, they are ignorant as to the political truth.
                All conservatives are ignorant as to the political truth as far as I'm concerned. If you share that sentiment, there's no reason to single out a black conservative video.

Comment

• Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                  There are some people in America who are so poor that they lack access to basic forms of ID. This also means that they lack access to personal transportation, competent public schools, clean and secure housing locations, safe neighborhoods, healthy and nutritious food, etc.
                  In SPITE of the fact that we have spent enough money on anti-poverty programs that we could have mailed every poor man, woman and child a check that puts them ABOVE the poverty limit.

Source

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    In SPITE of the fact that we have spent enough money on anti-poverty programs that we could have mailed every poor man, woman and child a check that puts them ABOVE the poverty limit.

Source: NYTimes

The new numbers from the Census Bureau showing that 14.3 percent of Americans are now living in poverty is a national disgrace – and a clear sign that we are doing something wrong.

The federal government currently operates 122 different anti-poverty programs, ranging from Medicaid to the tiny Even Start Program for Indian Tribes and Tribal Organizations. All together, the federal government spent more than $591 billion in 2009 on means-tested or anti-poverty programs, and will undoubtedly spend even more this year. That amounts to $14,849 for every poor man, woman and child in America. Given that the poverty line is just $10,830, we could have mailed every poor person in America a check big enough to lift them out of poverty – and still saved money.

© Copyright Original Source

Source
                    If someone wants to change our welfare system to a basic income system, I'd vote for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                      All conservatives are ignorant as to the political truth as far as I'm concerned.
                      And, as far as I'm concerned, everybody who believes that is badly misinformed.

Comment

If someone wants to change our welfare system to a basic income system, I'd vote for them.
                        Your liberal buddies won't allow that to happen -- they are the welfare pimps who directly benefit from the poor remaining poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          And, as far as I'm concerned, everybody who believes that is badly misinformed.
                          I knew you weren't going to agree with that. It's just a weird argument he's making.

Comment

I knew you weren't going to agree with that. It's just a weird argument he's making.
                            WEIRD? It's JimL! What do you expect?

Comment

21 was based on a true story. The main characters corresponded to real people.
                              never saw that one. but you think Avatar and the last Airbender were true stories.

Comment

never saw that one. but you think Avatar and the last Airbender were true stories.
                                Are you trying to quash my dream of having a flying bison to use as a heavy bomber to support my hover dog air corp?

You sir are meaner than a skillet full of rattlesnakes

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment