Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas Governor Perry Indicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    Guess women in politics are like women in charity-share the money, share the power, look out for each other, and have absolutely zero dedication to your actual job description or duties.
    That's not fair - we aren't just like the men!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      That's not fair - we aren't just like the men!
      Nah, men generally don't share, do tend to make an effort at their actual job description, and they don't run their own tax shelters when they can get their wives to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Source: Perry Grand Juror Was An Active Democratic Party Delegate During Jury Proceedings

Rho Chalmers, who disclosed to the Houston Chronicle yesterday that she was a member of the grand jury that indicted Texas Gov. Rick Perry, was an active delegate to the Texas Democratic Party convention during grand jury proceedings. Chalmers’ active participation in Democratic state politics is important because she claimed yesterday to the Houston Chronicle that her decision to indict Perry, a Republican, was not based on politics.

“For me, it’s not a political decision,” Chalmers told the newspaper. “That’s what a grand jury is about – take the emotion out of it and look at the facts and make your best decision based on your life experience.”

More troubling, however, is the fact that Chalmers attended, photographed, and commented on an event with Democratic state Sen. Kirk Watson while grand jury proceedings were ongoing.

Watson was a witness in front of the grand jury. On June 27, 2014, Chalmers shared a photo of the Watson event on a community Facebook page she started called Developer’s Dungeon. “Senator Kirk Watson telling the story of the Wendy Davis fillibuster (sic),” she wrote in a comment accompanying the picture.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Story continues at link
        I'm tellin ya.... the Democrats in Austin are EVIL crooked! And the woman Perry singled out is pretty much the face of this evil. And I'm not saying that flippantly --- their party, especially in that county, has been taken over by those who show up at the capital chanting "hail satan", and pushing for abortions even up through the third trimester.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

THIS is the face of the Democratic party in Austin, and none of the ... um... "moderate" democrats have the guts to stand up to this.

hail satan.jpg

And, yes, they actually were chanting "hail satan"
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe the republicans can compromise and give them free sterilizations. That should solve their baby problem right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
              ... do tend to make an effort at their actual job description...
              I have an office full of US Army civilian men that do no such thing.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                I have an office full of US Army civilian men that do no such thing.
                Ok, I gotta ask...what's a US Army Civilian man...aren't you one or the other?
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Civilian employees that work for the US Army, or on an Army base. Like the cashiers in the PX, or various other vendors, or road and construction crews, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    They are civilians employed to work with the Army but are full time permanent government employees. I am a contractor, but my boss is a Government Civilian. Their pay scale is on the General Schedule, and they get retirement benefits from the government.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment