Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

secret forces in oregon cities, as in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    In this instance the state refused to enforce a federal law, it had nothing to do with protesting or the phoney notion of protecting federal buildings.
    Jim, the Mayor and Governor have the responsibility of maintaining order.

Mayor's oath of office:
    I , (name), do solemnly (affirm or swear) that I will support the Constitutions of the United States and of the State of Oregon and the Charter of the City of Portland and its laws; I will faithfully, honestly and ethically perform my duties as (Mayor/Commissioner/City Auditor);....

The Mayor and Governor are refusing to enforce the laws of the city and state respectively, and this would include the property around the federal buildings.

I realize you have absolutely no interest in civil discourse, but for the lurkers and other readers, I answer.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      With regards to people "loving" to "live in fear", it should noted that Trump's campaigns in both the 2016 and 2020 have been almost entirely based on fear. His supporters wallow in the stuff. His most recent Facebook ad (that we've discussed in this forum) pushes lies in order to make the reader afraid.

It would appear that - yet again - righties are projecting their foibles onto others.
      If you look at a huge number of the evangelicals supporting Trump one could often get the impression they are driven by hate rather than love. However, I have a feeling that it would be more to the point to say they are driven by fear. They are so afraid that they are willing to compromise on what they actually claim to believe in. They are so afraid of "liberals", homosexuals, other cultures, other religions and the like that if anyone is willing to confront those others with almost whatever means (stealing babies from their mothers and the like) they support it though it goes against everything they claim to believe in. As time has gone by that very fact has caused them to fear the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        It seems you fear the truth.
        You are certainly entitled to be wrong, Charles. I fear no truth.

I cannot think of anyone who is saying what you claim in your straw man.
        You're so cute.

However, the truth is, that a lot of people have died and unfortunately many more people will likely die because some people spread a false hope, false statements, false ideas about reality and the like. It created a false hope and the consequences are very hard to face. And now you try to avoid having to do so and obviosly live in fear of the truth since you cannot adress anything but a straw man. The rather easy lesson to learn is that if you create false hope because you refuse to live in fear, the reality you are going to live and (and that others might die in) is going to be so much worse.
        One of the reasons that people ignore you Gloom and Doom culture of death fanatics is because of the lies and exaggerations they spread, as I have clearly exposed in the OP.

Dial down the drama, and speak the truth absent hysteria, and people will be far more likely to get it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you look at a huge number of the evangelicals supporting Trump one could often get the impression they are driven by hate rather than love. However, I have a feeling that it would be more to the point to say they are driven by fear. They are so afraid that they are willing to compromise on what they actually claim to believe in. They are so afraid of "liberals", homosexuals, other cultures, other religions and the like that if anyone is willing to confront those others with almost whatever means (stealing babies from their mothers and the like) they support it though it goes against everything they claim to believe in. As time has gone by that very fact has caused them to fear the truth.
          Charles, I just noticed, in your "faith designation", you misspelled 'antagonist'.

Just trying to be helpful.

Comment

• Lob a person attack and retreat from the conversation. Right on cue

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              You are certainly entitled to be wrong, Charles. I fear no truth.
              Se below:

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              You're so cute.
              This is a great example of someone who cannot confront the truth. I pointed out that what you presented was a straw man and instead of adressing the point, showing my wrong, admitting you were wrong or whatever reasonable response you could have given, you have to rely on "You're so cute." Of course that is running away from the points made.

One of the reasons that people ignore you Gloom and Doom culture of death fanatics is because of the lies and exaggerations they spread, as I have clearly exposed in the OP.
              This is, again, running away from the points I made and just (with no reasons provided) claiming it is "doom and gloom". The truth is very many people have died in you country. The truth is even your own president is saying it is going to get worse though he tried as long as he could to close his eyes. I did not even write the OP so, once again, you are refusing to confront what I actually wrote. Fear of the truth and the actual points made.

Dial down the drama, and speak the truth absent hysteria, and people will be far more likely to get it.
              Another straw man. You are yet to show there is any drama. I refer to about 145.000 persons who are now dead. If you were willing to open your eyes to the truth, I don't think you would say that pointing this out is drama.

Comment

Lob a person attack and retreat from the conversation. Right on cue
                Yeah, CP.

Probably should have lobbed a cow attack instead.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Se below:
                  You mean see?

This is a great example of someone who cannot confront the truth. I pointed out that what you presented was a straw man and instead of adressing the point, showing my wrong, admitting you were wrong or whatever reasonable response you could have given, you have to rely on "You're so cute." Of course that is running away from the points made.
                  Actually, I AM responding, and "you're so cute" was just a side comment. I apologize that you have such incredibly thin skin.

This is, again, running away from the points I made and just (with no reasons provided) claiming it is "doom and gloom". The truth is very many people have died in you country. The truth is even your own president is saying it is going to get worse though he tried as long as he could to close his eyes. I did not even write the OP so, once again, you are refusing to confront what I actually wrote. Fear of the truth and the actual points made.
                  I'm responding to you, Charles! I'm here. I'm not "running away" - that's an outright lie. Do I not address the points the way you want to dictate? No, because I think you're a flaming hypocrite and

Another straw man. You are yet to show there is any drama. I refer to about 145.000 persons who are now dead. If you were willing to open your eyes to the truth, I don't think you would say that pointing this out is drama.
                  The entire OP is drama and false information. I have documented that throughout the thread.

Comment

With regards to people "loving" to "live in fear", it should noted that Trump's campaigns in both the 2016 and 2020 have been almost entirely based on fear. His supporters wallow in the stuff. His most recent Facebook ad (that we've discussed in this forum) pushes lies in order to make the reader afraid.

It would appear that - yet again - righties are projecting their foibles onto others.
                    That is exactly what this is. These troops are the farthest thing from an element to bring 'law and order'. By violating basic rights guaranteed by the constitution, they antagonize the protests, they rile them up. They are, in fact, making matters worse. This is exactly what has happened in portland. This then feeds into the narrative of fear.

And now he's said chicago is next. His intent is to send 250 of these guys into chicago. Far too small a force to actually help bring order. But plenty large enough to create more disorder and chaos, which is what they'll do. Likely while beating people and sending them to hospitals and while arresting people without announcing themselves or creating public records of their activities.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Lob a person attack and retreat from the conversation. Right on cue
                      Laughing. I'm still here, darlin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Yeah, CP.

Probably should have lobbed a cow attack instead.
                        These guys are amusing, if nothing else.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          That is exactly what this is. These troops are the farthest thing from an element to bring 'law and order'. By violating basic rights guaranteed by the constitution, they antagonize the protests, they rile them up. They are, in fact, making matters worse. This is exactly what has happened in portland. This then feeds into the narrative of fear.
                          Gee, if only the mayor and governor of Portland and Oregon were as concerned about law and order as you pretend to be!

And now he's said chicago is next. His intent is to send 250 of these guys into chicago. Far too small a force to actually help bring order. But plenty large enough to create more disorder and chaos, which is what they'll do. Likely while beating people and sending them to hospitals and while arresting people without announcing themselves or creating public records of their activities.
                          What is the mayor of Chicago doing, Ox? What's the governor of Illinois doing?

Comment

• By the way, I just watched, again, the video linked to in the OP of the little guy breathlessly accounting his friend's "abduction", and he very clearly says his friend was 'read his rights'.

So, another false claim debunked.

Comment

Here is a rather interesting article about exactly that: TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN STRATEGY: SCARE THE BEJESUS OUT OF OLDER VOTERS

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I'm responding to you, Charles! I'm here. I'm not "running away" - that's an outright lie. Do I not address the points the way you want to dictate? No, because I think you're a flaming hypocrite and
                                Ad hominems are not adressing the points that is one of the problems with them. You are saying a lot of bad things about my person. They have got nothing to do with the points made. That is why you are actually running away. You are running away from the substance of the topic discussed and resort to statements about my person.

Comment