Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Quote my lie or retract your accusation.
    "Trump has now half confirmed the story." Lie

Comment

Quote my lie or retract your accusation.
      Trump didn't know about the non credible report. Swing and miss.

Comment

"If you don't go along with the latest neocon plot to have Trump removed for refusing to start another war and sacrifice more people to Molech you're a traitor."
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          "Trump has now half confirmed the story." Lie
          Trump's tweet confirmed that the IC was aware of intelligence indicating that Russia was putting bounties on dead Americans. That is a partial confirmation of the NYT/WaPo/FLC/WSJ/Reuters/UK/et al. reporting.

He also contradicted his DNI in saying that which I'm sure isn't an indication of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            "If you don't go along with the latest neocon plot to have Trump removed for refusing to start another war and sacrifice more people to Molech you're a traitor."
            No, sir --- a "traitorous coward". I might not be able to sleep tonight.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Well, first of all, I didn't say ONLY the left - but I guarantee you that's where it would start.
              That you think your clarification is a less damning indictment of the GOF and yourself is just tragic.

Should I be trembling in my boots?
              Obviously I'm not threatening you. But anyone who is less than incensed by this issue is not a patriot by any meaningful definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                Trump didn't know about the non credible report. Swing and miss.
                Yes but he confirmed that the IC was aware of the story. That is a partial confirmation. Not a lie.

Now retract your accusation.

Comment

Yes but he confirmed that the IC was aware of the story. That is a partial confirmation.
                  Nope. Trump was never aware. The "story" is not "credible". Confirmation of nothing.

Not a lie.

Now retract your accusation.

Comment

That you think your clarification is a less damning indictment of the GOF and yourself is just tragic.
                    Is there a little dance that goes with this tirade?

Obviously I'm not threatening you. But anyone who is less than incensed by this issue is not a patriot by any meaningful definition.
                    Yes, sir, Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, sir!!!!
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      Nope. Trump was never aware. The "story" is not "credible". Confirmation of nothing.
                      The story is the existence of the bounties and Trump's knowledge of them. Prior to the tweet the claim was that the bounties did not exist. You said this

If US intelligence exists that Russians (who exactly being unknown) offered bounties, then all of these people were briefed on it at around the same time. Since Trump is denying he or Pence were briefed and none of the Armed Services Committees have acknowledged any such information, then I suspect it is entirely bogus.
                      The argument you laid out above covers why you suspect that the bounties do not exist at all. Trump's tweet demonstrates that the bounties exist. Hence a partial confirmation.

Not a lie. Retract your accusation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Is there a little dance that goes with this tirade?
                        Homeboy, you can continue to testify against yourself all night long if you want. Your false protestations to only being interested in "gathering all the facts" don't fool anyone.

Yes, sir, Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, sir!!!!
                        Why do you hate the troops so much? Aren't you worried it will hurt LPoE / BTC (ODB) feelings?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          Homeboy...

I get so tired of lefties going psycho crazy over something, then getting even CRAZIER because we're not just as "outraged" or "incensed", so we're not REAL "Christians" or "Patriots" or.....

Maybe if you go "topple a statue", you'll feel better?

"Homeboy"

Comment

I get so tired of lefties going psycho crazy over something, then getting even CRAZIER because we're not just as "outraged" or "incensed", so we're not REAL "Christians" or "Patriots" or.....

Maybe if you go "topple a statue", you'll feel better?

"Homeboy"
                            The issue isn't that you're less concerned about this than me. It's that you and MM are totally unconcerned. It's that you you don't see *even this* as a line where you'd finally conclude that Trump is unfit to serve and only something you might expect Republicans to sign on to for impeachment over after they see where the wind is blowing.

If this isn't over the line then I can't trust you that *anything* would be over the line. Doesn't sound like a patriot to me.
                            Last edited by DivineOb; 06-28-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              The issue is that you're less concerned about this than me. It's that you're totally unconcerned.
                              Wrong - I'm just not as quick to jump to conclusions as you are.

It's that you you don't see *even this* as a line where you'd finally conclude that Trump is unfit to serve and only something you might expect Republicans to sign on to after they see where the wind is blowing.
                              You seem to suffer from the delusion that politicians - on either side - always do what's honorable, and never do what's expedient.

If this isn't over the line then literally nothing could be over the line.
                              And, somehow, an angry leftist nutter ranting and raving on the internet and calling names and challenging the patriotism of others... yeah, that's really productive.

I'm going to sleep, DO - you'd be wise to get some sleep, too. You're going to blow a gasket.

G'nite.

Comment

Wrong - I'm just not as quick to jump to conclusions as you are.
                                It's not jumping to conclusions when it's been roundly confirmed by both MSM and right wing news sources.

You seem to suffer from the delusion that politicians - on either side - always do what's honorable, and never do what's expedient.
                                Explain to me how rewarding Russia after being informed that they were putting bounties on American soldiers *and some of those bounties had been paid* is defensible for the United States.

This has nothing to do with your straw man. This goes to the core of right and wrong and what it means to be an American. You do not pass that test.

And, somehow, an angry leftist nutter ranting and raving on the internet and calling names and challenging the patriotism of others... yeah, that's really productive.

I'm going to sleep, DO - you'd be wise to get some sleep, too. You're going to blow a gasket.

G'nite.
                                This isn't about productivity. This is about right and wrong at a fundamental level. This goes to being willing to stand up for whats right even when it costs us.

Get your rest. I guarantee this story is only going to get uglier.

Comment