Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NASCAR bans confederate flag from all events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Bubba will not accept the FBI report, whining little girl! He was a bad driver from the get go, not one NASCAR Cup Series win in 4 years. Perhaps he could get rich by being a race hustler like Kaepernick...

Bubba Wallace defiant, calls rope 'straight-up noose' after FBI says no crime occurred

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/bubba-w...crime-occurred
    Apparently part of the FBI's conclusion was based upon the simple fact that similar looped cords could be seen in several driver's garages.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Apparently part of the FBI's conclusion was based upon the simple fact that similar looped cords could be seen in several driver's garages.
      And the same rope was on the garage door back in 2019 (old videos) long before Wallace got that bay.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yeah I don't think there's much here. I agree with the FBI's conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          It pretty much started with the various European artists trying to depict Jesus. They had no photographs back then. So naturally when they painted Jesus, they painted him as a European. It wasn't racism. Just trying to depict someone without having anything to go by. Trying to claim it is somehow racist now, after over a 1000 years is nuts. If someone wants to depict Jesus as Black, I have no problem with that either. That is their prerogative. Personally I don't have any religious depictions of Jesus or the saints in my house because I am a protestant. But just because I don't like statues of Jesus, I don't want to go into a Catholic Church and destroy their statues. And I have no problem with paintings of Jesus depicting his actions from the bible. That is just art. I don't care what color his skin or hair is.

BLM trying to make this a "thing" so they can destroy churches is evil though. It no longer is about Black Lives, it is about destroying anything that doesn't support their vision of ONLY black lives matter and anything else is racist.
          You look at the images made by the earliest Japanese converts to Christianity they tend to depict Jesus as looking decidedly Japanese. I guess we oughta burn those as well

Here are two examples of Mary with the infant Christ:

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            The problem of racism goes beyond individual actions. Racism encompanses all the different biases, preferential treatments, systematic differences and so forth that causes minorities to be less well off than the ethnonational majority, who are the ones who primarily benefit from the differences. So as long as such differences exist, as long as there is a difference in social mobility between them, you have racism.
            That is too vague, you have to show that the difference is based on race.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

That is too vague, you have to show that the difference is based on race.
              On the contrary, it is a lot more specific. Race is a complete social construction. It is much clearer who ethno-national majority is, and then to find who that majority labels 'other' by signifying them with terms. Who gets to benefit from belonging to the majority group, and who suffers from not belonging to it. That's quite quantifiable.

Comment

On the contrary, it is a lot more specific. Race is a complete social construction. It is much clearer who ethno-national majority is, and then to find who that majority labels 'other' by signifying them with terms. Who gets to benefit from belonging to the majority group, and who suffers from not belonging to it. That's quite quantifiable.
                Then give me an example...

Comment

Race is a complete social construction, it is much easier to identify the ethno-national majority, and then to find who that majority labels 'other' by signifying them with terms.
                  There is no biological justification for the concept of separate races. Even in Darwin's time he correctly observed that there is far more differences within a (as he would often phrase it) "so-called race" than there is between them.

Comment

You look at the images made by the earliest Japanese converts to Christianity they tend to depict Jesus as looking decidedly Japanese. I guess we oughta burn those as well
                    Or just stop having graven images. You know, like it says in the bible.

Hey! Maybe that makes those vandals who were going to tear down the statue of a white Jesus better Christians? OK, maybe not "better", but at least more scripturally-consistent.

Comment

Then give me an example...
                      Pick almost any metric of success between the ethnonational majority in the US (who call themselves caucassians or "white"), and anyone else. Education, earning, crime rate. One group clearly benefits more than the other. Job application, college application, etc... The whiteness is also considered normative. It is normal for a hero or a heroine to be "white", but it is "PC nonsense" for someone to have a hero from any other minority. Thankfully Hollywood is slowly coming around on that.

There's also built up economic differences between the groups, based on preferential treatment.

You can measure the economic mobility of someone born to a family belonging to the majority group, or to a minority. One will be a lot higher than the other.

These systematic differences are what racism is.

Comment

There is no biological justification for the concept of separate races. Even in Darwin's time he correctly observed that there is far more differences within a (as he would often phrase it) "so-called race" than there is between them.
                        My favorite example is that the "race realists" have various mutually overlapping definitions of races. Back when it was still considered plausible they were up to seventy two races, but the overlaps were so large that which race a person belonged to could easily be relabeled depending on who was doing the labeling. Interesting irish people were considered a different race than the caucassians.

Comment

Pick almost any metric of success between the ethnonational majority in the US (who call themselves caucassians or "white"), and anyone else. Education, earning, crime rate. One group clearly benefits more than the other. Job application, college application, etc... The whiteness is also considered normative. It is normal for a hero or a heroine to be "white", but it is "PC nonsense" for someone to have a hero from any other minority. Thankfully Hollywood is slowly coming around on that.

There's also built up economic differences between the groups, based on preferential treatment.

You can measure the economic mobility of someone born to a family belonging to the majority group, or to a minority. One will be a lot higher than the other.

These systematic differences are what racism is.
                          So when Asians and Indians (from India) do better economically than whites and climb the social latter faster, that is based on race and preferential treatment?

Comment

So when Asians and Indians (from India) do better economically than whites and climb the social latter faster, that is based on race and preferential treatment?
                            There is nothing wrong with people climbing the social ladder seer. That is a good thing. Privilege isn't bad. When liberals talk about people having to be aware of their privilege, all we're saying is exactly that. I'm glad Asians and Indian immigrants have success. It just means that in those particular matters they weren't facing racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              Or just stop having graven images. You know, like it says in the bible.

Hey! Maybe that makes those vandals who were going to tear down the statue of a white Jesus better Christians? OK, maybe not "better", but at least more scripturally-consistent.
                              Maybe they can tell that to God when they stand before him.

Comment

• Another hate crime hoax

https://www.theblaze.com/news/racist...headed-to-jail

Comment