Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

"all lives" means all lives. Black, white, and any other color you can dream up. But BLM doesn't like that because they think only black lives who agree with their communist agenda and thuggery, matter. Only the black lives they can use to exploit for racism matter to them. Black lives lost at the hands of other black people in gang shootings every day don't matter one bit to them. Only when they can racemonger, in the rare occasion of a white person killing a black person, do they even think of making a stink.
    And as people have begun to see that their support has been dropping as fast as old Joe's and the cacklers -- even among blacks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I suspect that some white Americans find it hard to accept that, historically, black Americans [and other non-white Americans] actually have a valid point.

The cynic in me cannot help but wonder if Rittenhouse would have been so lauded [on this board and elsewhere] if he'd been a black man out protecting black businesses and he'd shot two RW white protestors.
      But to establish equivalence, those RW protestors would have to be black - Rittenhouse shot people who were also white, as he is. But on this board, if the same amount and quality of evidence was presented, you could be quite confident that the same kind of support would be extended to the shooter even if his targets were white. Early in this thread, based on evidence available, a certain cautious support for Arbery's attackers was expressed. Once the extra evidence began coming in, and with a clearer picture of events emerging, that support evaporated.

But you and others seem incapable of seeing beyond the stereotypes - which is passing strange, given your own skin colour.

OH - almost forgot. According to BLM, you are also a racist oppressor intent on preserving your white privilege at the expense of blacks.
      Last edited by tabibito; 11-26-2021, 01:19 PM.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

"all lives" means all lives. Black, white, and any other color you can dream up. But BLM doesn't like that because they think only black lives who agree with their communist agenda and thuggery, matter. Only the black lives they can use to exploit for racism matter to them. Black lives lost at the hands of other black people in gang shootings every day don't matter one bit to them. Only when they can racemonger, in the rare occasion of a white person killing a black person, do they even think of making a stink.
        Try Dave Chappell’s Netflix Specials (with swearing).

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Yet another attempt to change the subject after getting trounced.

Comment

I suspect that some white Americans find it hard to accept that, historically, black Americans [and other non-white Americans] actually have a valid point.

The cynic in me cannot help but wonder if Rittenhouse would have been so lauded [on this board and elsewhere] if he'd been a black man out protecting black businesses and he'd shot two RW white protestors.
            Well, since no one shot any "protestors," it's not a valid comparison.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The cynic in you sees "so lauding" on this board where there is none. The cynic in you causes you to say really stupid stuff.
              I will go ahead and "laud" Kyle for his courage and, AFAICT, good intentions.

I think too much has been made of "immature 17-year-old." Our culture has long accepted that 17-year-olds can operate multi-thousand-pound metal machines which, as we were recently reminded, can be every bit as deadly as firearms, and that, 17-year-olds can enlist in the military (with parental consent) and cross national (not just State) borders to use weapons much more devastating than an AR-15. Now, if in light of the fact that the prefrontal cortext doesn't fully mature until about age 25, we as a society want to raise minimum ages for driving and military service by several years, I think that's a worthwhile conversation.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

EGGcellent point, which will probably be lost in H_A.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Good point, I didn't catch her weaselly word choice.

Comment

One thing I have noticed about this place is that people are very firm in their opinions, so once all sides have said what they want to say, you’re done. It all gets a bit repetitive after a couple of posts. So yes, we have to change the subject frequently.

Comment

One thing I have noticed about this place is that people are very firm in their opinions, so once all sides have said what they want to say, you’re done. It all gets a bit repetitive after a couple of posts. So yes, we have to change the subject frequently.
                      The way you say it, a person could be forgiven for thinking that holding a firm opinion (in the absence of contradictory facts) is a bad thing.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

But you and others seem incapable of seeing beyond the stereotypes - which is passing strange, given your own skin colour.
                        As a matter of interest, how do you claim to know my skin colour?

"It ain't necessarily so
                        The things that you're liable
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life
                        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

As a matter of interest, how do you claim to know my skin colour?
                          "Know" is too strong a word. An assessment based on your posts suggests that you are not only German, but of German heritage. Of course, that relies on your honesty in professing yourself German.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

But to establish equivalence, those RW protestors would have to be black - Rittenhouse shot people who were also white, as he is.
                            I was thinking more of the reaction to blacks killing whites.

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                            Early in this thread, based on evidence available, a certain cautious support for Arbery's attackers was expressed.
                            Why do you think that was?

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

"Know" is too strong a word. An assessment based on your posts suggests that you are not only German, but of German heritage. Of course, that relies on your honesty in professing yourself German.
                              You made an assumption and of course you have no idea if my German heritage is from both sides!
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The way you say it, a person could be forgiven for thinking that holding a firm opinion (in the absence of contradictory facts) is a bad thing.
                                Not bad if soundly based. Opinions held firmly against opposition may indicate stubbornness or hubris. Not always of course. Look at Galileo.

A good example of firmly held but unwarranted opinion is Trump’s infamous Big Lie about the 2020 election. Millions were sucked into that one.

It takes effort to know the truth, but it will reward you because it is never contradicts itself.

Comment