Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Brief as it is, that report evidences a particularly scholarly approach. Whether white or black, people have more cause for concern about being attacked by members of their own race than by the opposite.
    Without looking at the numbers I'll hazard that they don't support the MSM narrative of whites roaming about hunting down blacks.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

“they” being the State of Wisconsin.
      Well, at least the prosecutor for the State of Wisconsin...

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Without looking at the numbers I'll hazard that they don't support the MSM narrative of whites roaming about hunting down blacks.
        Not in the least - most murders seem to be "in house" so to speak. The most appalling part (not saying that murder isn't appalling all on its own) is that the RAW number of blacks committing murders exceeds (marginally) the RAW number of whites committing murders. Given the differences in proportion of population comprised by each, that is a major blow to the left's narrative.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

On raw numbers, the number of blacks committing murder in the US exceeds the number of whites committing murder in the US. I haven't found statistics relating to your question, nor to Rogue's.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-3.xls
          Black-on-Black Homicide - A Psychological-Political Perspective

Today homicide is the leading cause of death among young Black men, and contributes significantly to the shortened life-span of the Black male. In about 80-90% of the cases, the Black victim was killed by another Black, and about 52% of the murder victims were acquainted with their assailant.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Today homicide is the leading cause of death among young Black men, and contributes significantly to the shortened life-span of the Black male. In about 80-90% of the cases, the Black victim was killed by another Black, and about 52% of the murder victims were acquainted with their assailant.
            Maybe someone should point out to the communities involved that Black Lives Matter.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Maybe someone should point out to the communities involved that Black Lives Matter.
              They don't care. There's no money to be made telling blacks that they're their own worst enemy.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not in the least - most murders seem to be "in house" so to speak. The most appalling part (not saying that murder isn't appalling all on its own) is that the RAW number of blacks committing murders exceeds (marginally) the RAW number of whites committing murders. Given the differences in proportion of population comprised by each, that is a major blow to the left's narrative.
                That is what we today except in cases of war. Very few people are killed by a stranger. The vast majority are killed by a family member or friend.

For decades less than 7% of the population[1] commits half or more of the violent crimes, but it is effectively forbidden to mention that fact unless you want to be branded a racist.

1. Black males. And when you consider that nearly all of these are from those aged 15 to 40, that percentage is even smaller.
                Last edited by rogue06; 11-23-2021, 09:03 AM. Reason: Accidentally changed this. Original restored

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I was going to complain about some of the content, but then I noticed the publication date was 1983.

"Blacks have been indoctrinated by a criminal justice system which places higher value on a white life than on a Black life." (At the time of publication, probably true. the author does note that it would be difficult to quantify.

"Programs focused on crime and violence prevention, therefore, must do more than alleviate socioeconomic ills in the the Black community. They must pay attention as well to negative psychological dynamics in the Black experience that contribute to internecine victimization."

Much of what is publicly advocated by politicians and media seems aimed at intensifying the negative psychological aspects.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Those statistics would back up a claim that only Black Lives killed by white cops matter to BLM.
                    Small children caught in gunfire between blacks --- not so much.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was going to complain about some of the content, but then I noticed the publication date was 1983.

"Blacks have been indoctrinated by a criminal justice system which places higher value on a white life than on a Black life." (At the time of publication, probably true. the author does note that it would be difficult to quantify.

"Programs focused on crime and violence prevention, therefore, must do more than alleviate socioeconomic ills in the the Black community. They must pay attention as well to negative psychological dynamics in the Black experience that contribute to internecine victimization."

Much of what is publicly advocated by politicians and media seems aimed at intensifying the negative psychological aspects.
                      You need to stop reading the whole article I post, and ONLY look at my cherry-picked excerpt!!!

Here, try this one...

These black lives didn’t seem to matter in 2020

But JUST THE PART I CITE!!!

Last year saw the largest year-to-year increase in homicides ever recorded in US history. The homicide rate in 34 cities was 30 percent higher in 2020 compared to the previous year, according to a Jan. 31 report by the National Commission on COVID-19 and Criminal Justice.

Victims of these homicides are disproportionately African American. At least 8,600 black lives were lost to homicide in 2020, an increase of more than 1,000 compared to 2019 (7,484). Violent crime is concentrated in primarily low-income, marginalized black communities where the police are underresourced and Democratic leadership has abysmally failed. In Chicago, 80 percent of gun-violence victims in 2020 were black. According to the latest data in New York City, 71 percent of shooting victims are black — even though black people constitute just 26 percent of the city’s population. The tragic reality is one black life was killed less than every hour in America last year.

Meanwhile, politicians and the mainstream media sensationalize and magnify any questionable case involving a black suspect and a white police officer to affirm dogmas about “racial oppression” (even if the suspect was at fault). They obsessively lament racial disparities in every nook and cranny of American life, but the most egregious disparity — in homicide victimization rates — is rarely ever mentioned. Why?

Since more than 90 percent of black homicide victims are killed by black offenders, the ghost of endemic white supremacy cannot be invoked to push racial grievance narratives. As a result, the media turns a blind eye. Black lives only seem to matter when racism is involved.

Mostly that last sentence, please.

Comment

Those statistics would back up a claim that only Black Lives killed by white cops matter to BLM.
                        Small children caught in gunfire between blacks --- not so much.
                        It looks like the majority of people -- include a substantial number of blacks -- have figured that out.

BLM rakes in big bucks with nobody knowing where it goes. It certainly doesn't go to black families of those who lost a loved one in an altercation with police. Or to troubled neighborhoods. All we can see is the leaders buying numerous mansions in gated communities.

Comment

Since more than 90 percent of black homicide victims are killed by black offenders, the ghost of endemic white supremacy cannot be invoked to push racial grievance narratives. As a result, the media turns a blind eye. Black lives only seem to matter when racism is involved. [/BOX]

Well - that bit can't be challenged.

I won't comment that I did notice a certain amount of playing with the figures to make police killing of black offenders seem more (wrongfully) imbalanced than it is in the part of the article that you didn't cite, acos you said I shouldn't do that.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Well - that bit can't be challenged.

I won't comment that I did notice a certain amount of playing with the figures to make police killing of black offenders seem more (wrongfully) imbalanced than it is in the part of the article that you didn't cite, acos you said I shouldn't do that.
                            And you realize I'm being blazingly facetious when I tell you to ignore my articles and only look at my cherry-picked excerpts, yes?

It's just a known fact that the vast majority of humans murdered are killed by somebody they know. (or knew)
                            I found several detailed FBI reports that support the same conclusion, though.

Comment

You need to stop reading the whole article I post, and ONLY look at my cherry-picked excerpt!!!

Here, try this one...

These black lives didn’t seem to matter in 2020

But JUST THE PART I CITE!!!

Last year saw the largest year-to-year increase in homicides ever recorded in US history. The homicide rate in 34 cities was 30 percent higher in 2020 compared to the previous year, according to a Jan. 31 report by the National Commission on COVID-19 and Criminal Justice.

Victims of these homicides are disproportionately African American. At least 8,600 black lives were lost to homicide in 2020, an increase of more than 1,000 compared to 2019 (7,484). Violent crime is concentrated in primarily low-income, marginalized black communities where the police are underresourced and Democratic leadership has abysmally failed. In Chicago, 80 percent of gun-violence victims in 2020 were black. According to the latest data in New York City, 71 percent of shooting victims are black — even though black people constitute just 26 percent of the city’s population. The tragic reality is one black life was killed less than every hour in America last year.

Meanwhile, politicians and the mainstream media sensationalize and magnify any questionable case involving a black suspect and a white police officer to affirm dogmas about “racial oppression” (even if the suspect was at fault). They obsessively lament racial disparities in every nook and cranny of American life, but the most egregious disparity — in homicide victimization rates — is rarely ever mentioned. Why?

Since more than 90 percent of black homicide victims are killed by black offenders, the ghost of endemic white supremacy cannot be invoked to push racial grievance narratives. As a result, the media turns a blind eye. Black lives only seem to matter when racism is involved.

And in spite of what the left claims not every time a white person kills a black person is racism involved. It actually probably accounts for a miniscule fraction. If that were not the case, then there would be no need to pretend that every time a black person is killed by someone who is white it is automatically racist.

Comment

• Jury is deliberating - it will be interesting to see.

Prosecution wraps up by claiming you can't claim self-defense if you're the one who initiated the confrontation. WAY different than Rittenhouse situation.

Comment