Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ drops all charges against Michael Flynn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a disgrace:
    WaPo

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      No, what it proves is that he is a wannabe dictator who, along with his right hand man, is undermining the rule of law to protect his friends and punish his enemies. Flynn pleaded guilty twice. When asked by the judge are you pleading for any other reason than that you are guilty, Flynn answered no. And of course we know it to be a fact that he is guilty. Trump fired him because he admittedly lied to both the VP and the FBI. Hans Frank, I mean Atty Geen Barr, a prosecutor btw, not a defense atty, is as corrupt as Trump and was simply looking for a way to undermine the justice system and free their partner in crime. The Judge who heard the case, was scathing in his remarks concerning Flynns activities saying that they could be considered treasonous.

Now that Judge has to make a decision concerning the corrupt Atty Gen's/Trumps request to dismiss the case. The DOJ seems to think that the Judge has no choice but to dismiss. We shall see. But, even if that is true, he can still leave it open for future prosecution under a future less corrupt administration.
      Obviously this proves that Trump is a Russian spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Are you NEW here? Of COURSE he is!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Around here, it's pretty much been that anybody who isn't absolutely consumed with hate for Trump is a "Trumper". We have people here who --- that's ALL they post about, day in and day out....

There needs to be a name for that - like Godwin's Law, but pertaining to Trump, not Hitler. (Though, some of those to whom I refer seem to think the two are the same. )
          Maybe covfefe's law would be an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Maybe covfefe's law would be an option?
            Lemme run that up the flag pole and see if it grows pants.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I can see you haven't kept up with this case, which is understandable because it has flown under the radar for most people.

When Flynn originally spoke with FBI agents, it was presented as just a friendly interdepartmental chitchat. He was never told that it was a formal investigative interview, he was never told that imprecise answers could be regarded as perjury, and he was discouraged from bringing a lawyer. Nevertheless, the agents who conducted the interview believed that Flynn had been truthful
              You're to funny, MM. For one thing the FBI never suggested to Flynn that it was just "a friendly interdepartmental chat". That's what's called spin. Nor did they tell him not to have his lawyer along, they said if he wanted to bring his lawyer, then they would have to involve the DOJ. He chose not to get the DOJ involved and so went without council. His choice. Third, even if it's true that he wasn't informed, and I've seen no actual evidence of that, Flynn is a Gen in the US Army, and the NSA to an incoming President, he doesn't need to be told that it's a crime to lie to the FBI. And even if that claimed technacality gets him off, it's not because he isn't guilty, something that obviously isn't of concern to you, it's a technicality. Fourth, what the agents believed about Flynns answers at the time, is irrelevant, whether they intended to close the case or not is irrelevant, Flynn did lie, and they did not close the case.
              When the FBI interviewed Flynn the second time in the presence of his lawyers, they had the notes from the first interview which had been falsified to make it appear that Flynn had made definitive false statements when he hadn't, against which Flynn had no defense -- even if he could clearly remember what he had said during the first ambush interview, it was his word against the "official" interview notes. The FBI also threatened to prosecute Flynn's son for an unrelated crime if the General didn't confess.
              And you know that the notes were falsified, how? Besides even you would remember if you lied to the FBI about a conversation you had with a foriegn agent about ignoring the sanctions the present administration had just put on them. And he would have informed his lawyer of that fact, which he didn't, he admitted to it, and he admitted to it again in front of the judge who asked him straight out if there was any other reason for his admission of guilt other than the fact that he is guilty. And he answered, no!
              Do you suppose Flynn would have confessed if he knew the FBI didn't think he had lied and had falsified the evidence against him? I don't think so. What about you?
              Don't be stupid, Flynn knew he was guilty and he knew the FBI already had the goods on him. That's why he pleaded guilty, and that's what he told the Judge. "I pleaded guilty because I am guilty." This is nothing more than the corrupt Trump administration trying to pull a fast one, and I don't think the Judge is going to fall for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Are you NEW here? Of COURSE he is!
                Obviously, Comrade Obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Soon after the DOJ decision, Trump checks in with his Boss, V. Putin, to let him know of the situation concerning their cohort Gen Flynn. No, he's not a spy, he's an agent, an ally.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Soon after the DOJ decision, Trump checks in with his Boss, V. Putin, to let him know of the situation concerning their cohort Gen Flynn. No, he's not a spy, he's an agent, an ally.

Jim, you're like a parody of the extremest of the leftist extremist.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Obviously, this proves that Trump is a Russian spy agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                        When should we expect arrests to occur?
                        That's a very good question. Unfortunately, the answer is that our two-tiered justice system has rendered certain people in Washington untouchable as far as the law is concerned. We can hope that those who committed this crime against an innocent man will be held accountable, but I have little confidence that it will happen. For now, I'm just thankful that we at least know the truth.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                          What a disgrace:

WaPo
                          You would do well to pitch that disreputable rag. I'm not sure it's even fit for lining the bottom of a bird cage.

What the liars at the Washington Post are not telling you is that the reason the "lies" supposedly told by General Flynn are not material is because there was no grounds for an investigation of any kind against the General. In other words, even if he did lie -- which the record shows he didn't -- but even if he did lie, it did not impede a legitimate investigation, or to put it in legal terms, the "lies" were not material.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, you're like a parody of the extremest of the leftist extremist.
                            And you CP are either stupid, or are suffering from cognitive dissonance.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              And you CP are either stupid, or are suffering from cognitive dissonance.
                              Of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                What the liars at the Washington Post are not telling you is that the reason the "lies" supposedly told by General Flynn are not material is because there was no grounds for an investigation of any kind against the General...
                                It's like fruit from the poison tree. If evidenced is obtained under false pretenses, the evidence is inadmissible.

Comment