Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rick Bright-top vaccine scientist files whistleblower complaint against the dictator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yikes!

Here, Let me make it really simple for you:

A needle in a haystack is just as good as a needle in its place in a sewing box. But a needle in the sewing box is a whole heck of a lot easier to find and use.

Facts in breitbart articles are like needles in haystacks. They are still facts, they are just a lot harder to find.
    I see. You just have a problem when those facts happen to come from Breitbart.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I see. You just have a problem when those facts happen to come from Breitbart.
      Troll.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Troll.
        Is that a confession from someone who couldn't dispute the facts as reported by Breitbart and eventually had to grudgingly concede that they got it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The federal scientist who was ousted last month as director of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority has filed a whistleblower complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel.

At the time of his removal, Bright said he had been ousted because of his "insistence" that the government spend funds on "safe and scientifically vetted solutions" to address the coronavirus crisis and not on "drugs, vaccines and other technologies that lack scientific merit."

so basically he didn't want to fundany research into possible treatments? During a pandemic? No wonder they sidelined him. He's a moron. BARDA is about research. You have to fund research into possible treatments and technologies to "scientifically vet" them.
          No, the fact is that the Hydoxycloroquine had already been tested and was found to be useless as a treatment, as well as to have dangerous side effects. Trump wanted to put them on the market anyway because he had a hunch they would be his miracle cure. Besides that, Dr. Bright and the other professionals who signed on to the recomendation against their use were only making the recomendation which apparently Trump was intent on ignoring. Apparently Dr. Bright made the science recommending against its use public, and that is what got under the dictators skin. Dr. Bright it seems, according to his complaint, like many of those being fired by Trump, resisted his unscientific and cronyism based decisions, and that, according to the Administration, was being insubordinate. In other words he believes he was fired for doing his job rather than doing the dictators bidding and keeping his mouth shut about it

The moron is Trump for firing the top vaccine reseach professional, in his administration, during a pandemic! Just like he fired another top official in the CDC a week or so ago, Dr. Messonnier. Trump demands, as all dictators do, loyalty to himself, not to scientific facts.
          Last edited by JimL; 05-06-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Is that a confession from someone who couldn't dispute the facts as reported by Breitbart and eventually had to grudgingly concede that they got it right?
            Nope - I've not said one thing about what is right or what is wrong about the breitbart article. You and others have just been trying to browbeat me into reading that propaganda rag. And I'm not interested. If it has anything real to say, it will show up in other news outlets.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              No, the fact is that the Hydoxycloroquine had already been tested and was found to be useless as a treatment, as well as to have dangerous side effects. Trump wanted to put them on the market anyway because he had a hunch they would be his miracle cure. Besides that, Dr. Bright and the other professionals who signed on to the recomendation against their use were only making the recomendation which apparently Trump was intent on ignoring. Apparently Dr. Bright made the science recommending against its use public, and that is what got under the dictators skin. Dr. Bright it seems, according to his complaint, like many of those being fired by Trump, resisted his unscientific and cronyism based decisions, and that, according to the Administration, was being insubordinate. In other words he believes he was fired for doing his job rather than doing the dictators bidding and keeping his mouth shut about it

The moron is Trump for firing the top vaccine reseach professional, in his administration, during a pandemic! Just like he fired another top official in the CDC a week or so ago, Dr. Messonnier. Trump demands, as all dictators do, loyalty to himself, not to scientific facts.
              But hydroxycloroquine isn't useless as a treatment. As we told you before those "studies" were biased hype based on limited patients and criteria. Other studies have shown it is very useful, and not dangerous.

But the real point is, Bright is saying he doesn't even want to find out by funding clinical trials on HCL to see. He wants to only fund things that are already scientifically proven treatments (hint: there were none when he got moved). Glad they moved him.

Also Trump didn't fire him. And he was moved, not fired. Trump didn't even know who he was when reporters asked him. He is way below Trump's pay grade.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your nutty rant.
              Last edited by Sparko; 05-06-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I've not said one thing about what is right or what is wrong about the breitbart article.
                You claimed that Breitbart fabricates or distorts the facts, which implies that they did so in this report, but when it was pointed that, no, they once again reported the story straight, you suddenly didn't care about the facts, only who was reporting them.

So perhaps you didn't explicitly concede that they got it right and would rather continue with your display of wilful pigheaded ignorance. Have it your way.

Comment

You claimed that Breitbart fabricates or distorts the facts, which implies that they did so in this report, but when it was pointed that, no, they once again reported the story straight, you suddenly didn't care about the facts, only who was reporting them.

So perhaps you didn't explicitly concede that they got it right and would rather continue with your display of wilful pigheaded ignorance. Have it your way.
                  There was no specific discussion of the actual truth or falsity of this article's content on my part. You just assumed that was my point. I had two points:

1) Bright will be dragged through the mud by right wing media - this article is the first salvo.

2) Breitbart is not a reliable source - especially on the subject of any of Trump's detractors. They will produce articles that attack him in whatever way possible regardless of what the truth is. Now if the man is lying or is hiding things that are bad, those articles might well be true. But if not, they will be false. The one thing we know for sure though is that whatever the truth is, articles in breitbart will be focused on denigrating him and/or nullifying his accusations.

Which is one of the reasons why Breitbart is mostly a propaganda rag, not a news source.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-06-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

As the late Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, the rest of the story..."

Dr. Rick Bright, the vaccine expert who claims he was ousted from his former position in the administration because of his opposition to the promotion of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for coronavirus, was already going to lose his job months before, according to information released on Twitter by Politico reporter Dan Diamond. [...] Diamond revealed a text message Wednesday, which he received Jan. 2, about Bright’s imminent removal from BARDA for “incompetence and insubordination.” That was months before hydroxychloroquine became a topic of debate.

Diamond later reported that in internal emails, Dr. Bright had praised the administration’s acquisition of the drug...

Freelance journalist Jeryl Bier provided a letter from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) referring to a request from Dr. Bright for an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for hydroxychloroquine and related compounds for treatment...

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...subordination/
                    That's Breitbart for ya. Not much there (other than spin) to dispute Dr. Brights claim is there, MM?

First off, Dr. Bright never suggested that he wasn't under scrutiny earlier on, as the Dan Diamond tweet suggests, only that he was ultimately fireddue to the Hydroxychloroquine issue. As a matter of fact, Dr. Bright explicitly stated that he had been under constant pressure to do the political bidding of the Administration, not just for this issue. And if Trump was actually intent on firing him back in January, then why did Trump, when recently asked about the firing, say, "who, I don't even know the man, never heard of him."

And as far as his requesting an EUA from the FDA; that doesn't mean the request was his idea. Obviously the whole idea came from Trump who is Dr. Brights boss. The Administration also tried to pass of Dr. Brights ousting "as a promotion". You have to read between the out of contexts tweets, MM, when you are reading Breitbart news.

Comment

But hydroxycloroquine isn't useless as a treatment. As we told you before those "studies" were biased hype based on limited patients and criteria. Other studies have shown it is very useful, and not dangerous.
                      Which studies were those, Sparko.
                      But the real point is, Bright is saying he doesn't even want to find out by funding clinical trials on HCL to see. He wants to only fund things that are already scientifically proven treatments (hint: there were none when he got moved). Glad they moved him.
                      I don't believe he said that, Sparko. What Trump wanted to do was, according to Dr. Bright, was to put HCL out there for use outside of hospital or doctor supervision. After all, what could go wrong.

Also Trump didn't fire him. And he was moved, not fired. Trump didn't even know who he was when reporters asked him. He is way below Trump's pay grade.
                      The point is he was removed from his position, punished/demoted, in the middle of a pandemic, for doing his job
                      You mean the alternate facts. I try not to.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And yet you dismiss conservative news sites as fake news.
                        I was kicking back with rouge sipping on a cold one last week when he asked me to hold his while he shared some thoughts about baseball.
                        Our team scores runs! The other team scores runs!

I looked him in the eye, then a little higher up.
                        Good point!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          And yet you dismiss conservative news sites as fake news.

Hypocrisy much?
                          Breitbart as a propaganda site - yes, that is what it is. Fox news I don't believe I have ever said is 'fake news'. I generally include them in my list of legitimate news sites, but I often note their conservative bias and the fact they are part of the 'rally around Trump' media sources - especially wrt their hour long pundits like hannity etc. But the are a NEWS organization, not a propaganda site.

And likewise, you won't get any argument from me that Maddow is a left leaning pundit. Or that CNN has a left leaning bias and doesn't like Trump.

Comment

I believe the documents that will be provided will tell a different story. Demoted to lab position is essentially being fired.

We will see when the cards are out on the table.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-06-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Breitbart as a propaganda site - yes, that is what it is. Fox news I don't believe I have ever said is 'fake news'. I generally include them in my list of legitimate news sites, but I often note their conservative bias and the fact they are part of the 'rally around Trump' media sources - especially wrt their hour long pundits like hannity etc. But the are a NEWS organization, not a propaganda site.

And likewise, you won't get any argument from me that Maddow is a left leaning pundit. Or that CNN has a left leaning bias and doesn't like Trump.
                              Partisan slant is one thing, outright deception and clickbait is another. Remember Covington? Just to name one outright fraudulent news story that could have actually had violent repercussions on society. I forget, was that deceptively spun by Breitbart?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                I believe the documents that will be provided will tell a different story. Demoted to lab position is essentially being fired.
                                There is no consistency on the right about whether it's more important for a news story to be true in technicality or true in spirit as they lack the judgement to understand that sometimes one is more important than the other depending on what is being reported.

Comment