Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rick Bright-top vaccine scientist files whistleblower complaint against the dictator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Because you appealed to the genetic fallacy in order to dismiss what is by all accounts a fair and accurate report.
    No - this is my original post:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
    Why was I not surprised this came from beitbart

Hopefully Bright is well aware of the fact that the Foxes and Breitbarts of the world will be looking for ways to smear him into the mud, anything and everything will be used and whatever context is necessary to fully understand whatever they 'find' will be stripped.

Truth tellers can not be tolerated by Trump or his supporters.
    I said I am not surprised breitbart would publish this. I said NOTHING about whether the article was true or false. I did not dismiss the article or even claim it was likely false. I merely commented that breitbart is an outlet that would publish such an article. And that they will publish such articles without regard to whether they are true or false. That is what they do.

BUT I SAID NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT WHETHER THE ARTICLE ITSELF WAS TRUE OR FALSE, NOR DID I SAY OR IMPLY IT WAS FALSE BECAUSE BREITBART PUBLISHED IT.

Stop lying about it.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-08-2020, 09:48 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I did not dismiss the article or even claim it was likely false.
      You strongly implied it when you claimed that "breitbart makes stuff up or otherwise distorts the facts surrounding substantially less objective subject matter".

Now who's the liar?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No - that's just you assuming MM. I never said anything about this specific article. You can fuss about me not giving breitbart a fair shake if you feel I have unfaily assessed the place in the journalistic world, but I have never dismissed the article itself as being false BECAUSE breitbart published it, not have I made any judegements of any kind on the content of that article.

Specifically:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
        So I focussed on what this article is in terms of the general genre of Trump supporting media, as opposed to the actual content of the article. And that is:

Because Bright has highlighted a failing of the Trump administration, Bright will be subject to merciless attacks from the foxes and the breightbart of the world, and they will stop at nothing to tear him down. That is what they do. And I hope Bright was fully prepared for the onslaught that is to come, of which this article is only the first salvo.
        I said this article is the first salvo againt bright. I said nothing about whether it was true or false. All of my comments are about what Breitbart will do WRT bright.

You have assumed I meant something I did not mean or say. And you refuse to look at what I said or listen to my explanations of it, and that is turning you into a liar. So get your facts straight and turn your focus to my opinion of breitbart and away from implying I ever made any comments that made claims about the truth or falsity of that specific article.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No - that's just you assuming MM.
          Right. So first you accuse Breitbart of smearing Bright, and then in a subsequent post, you generally accuse them of making stuff up and distorting the facts, but we're supposed to believe that those statements are completely unrelated.

I doubt even you believe this rationalization.

Comment

Right. So first you accuse Breitbart of smearing Bright, and then in a subsequent post, you generally accuse them of making stuff up and distorting the facts, but we're supposed to believe that those statements are completely unrelated.

I doubt even you believe this rationalization.
            I have no doubt that you will continue to twist any words I speak into justifying your misunderstanding. That is simply how it goes. On to something else.

Comment

I have no doubt that you will continue to twist any words I speak into justifying your misunderstanding.
              I did not misunderstand. You're just twisting in the wind trying to unconvincingly claim that what you said isn't really what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                Yet it hasn't worked in practice which isn't at all unusual when folks try to extend preliminary assays of cell cultures in petri dishes.
                Here I am uncertain whether you are talking about (H)CQ against original SARS in vivo, or about HCQ against SARS cousin Wu-WHO Flu. If the latter, it is a matter of opinion as to whether it has worked "in practice." It is fair to say it has not been proven effective in rigorous clinical trials. That is about ALL it is fair to say.

Conclusion
                Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

The differences between cell cultures treated in petri dishes and prescriptions for actual patients are detailed at WebMD.
                Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including: slow heartbeat, symptoms of heart failure (such as shortness of breath, swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain), mental/mood changes (such as anxiety, depression, rare thoughts of suicide, hallucinations), hearing changes (such as ringing in the ears, hearing loss), easy bruising/bleeding, signs of infection (such as sore throat that doesn't go away, fever), signs of liver disease (such as severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine), muscle weakness, unwanted/uncontrolled movements (including tongue/face twitching), hair loss, hair/skin color changes.

This medication may cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Tell your doctor right away if you develop symptoms of low blood sugar, such as sudden sweating, shaking, hunger, blurred vision, dizziness, or tingling hands/feet. If you have diabetes, be sure to check your blood sugars regularly. Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication.

Get medical help right away if you have any very serious side effects, including: severe dizziness, fainting, fast/irregular heartbeat, seizures.

This medication may cause serious eye/vision problems. The risk for these side effects is increased with long-term use of this medication and with taking this medication in high doses. Get medical help right away if you have any symptoms of serious eye problems, including: sensitivity to light, vision changes (such as light flashes/streaks, blurred vision, difficulty reading, missing areas of vision).

A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, get medical help right away if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
                That list of bugaboos is basically nothing. Have you ever taken medication? You can find a similar scary list for virtually any medication, including "safe" OTC drugs.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Breaking news: Inspector Generals initial review of Dr. Brights complaint comes down in favor of Dr. Bright. Unless something changes he will be reinstated. The Inspector General had best watch his own back now.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Breaking news: Inspector Generals initial review of Dr. Brights complaint comes down in favor of Dr. Bright. Unless something changes he will be reinstated. The Inspector General had best watch his own back now.
                    Would it be too terribly inconvenient to provide a source when you make these utterances, or are we back to "well, I get laughed at when my source is LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies"?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Would it be too terribly inconvenient to provide a source when you make these utterances, or are we back to "well, I get laughed at when my source is LiberalTalkingPointsForDummies"?
                      It's breaking news, just out, CP. Wait awhile and you'll find the source.

Comment

It's breaking news, just out, CP. Wait awhile and you'll find the source.
                        This is why nobody takes you seriously, Jim.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is why nobody takes you seriously, Jim.
                          Well, you should, I'm sure you'll see the truth of my assertion soon.
                          Last edited by JimL; 05-08-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Well, you should, I'm sure you'll see the truth of my assertion soon.
                            You do provide a continuing source of entertainment, I'll give you that.

Comment

You do provide a continuing source of entertainment, I'll give you that.
                              Have you found it yet, CP. Or are you still playing dumb?

Comment

Have you found it yet, CP.
                                It's just more of your extremist leftist nonsense, Jim --- if you want to provide a source, that's fine. Otherwise, I really don't give a flyin' flip.

Comment