Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden's #metoo moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    If the Senate could show her claims to be credible it would preserve McConnell's majority. That's something McConnell would stop at nothing to ensure.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If the Senate could show her claims to be credible it would preserve McConnell's majority. That's something McConnell would stop at nothing to ensure.
      I don't know why you're so shocked the Reps have been slow to act. Their reluctance to do anything could be because they'd obviously be accused by the left of election tampering. It would become a whole partisan tribal thing like everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Biden's former staffer, Tara Reade has come forward saying that the then Senator sexually assaulted her in 1993.

The story is here

I am curious of the reaction of those of you who defended Christine Ford when she accused Kavenaugh of assaulting her in high school. Back then many of you insisted a woman had to be believed and he should have been disqualified for the SCOTUS. Do you feel the same here? Should Biden be disqualified for running for President?

Please keep Trump out of this thread.
        Tara Reade is a proven liar, and although that doesn't mean she isn't telling the truth in this case, it does give one pause. She lied about the reason she left politics and DC, originally saying that she left to pursue her first love, which was The ARTS, only to later claim that she was somehow forced out by Biden because she resisted his advances or some such claim, which was denied by Bidens entire staff at the time. She also wrote how she loves Russia and Putin, what a great leader he is, and how terribly the American imperialists have treated them. So, in this case, being that the investigation is inactive, you can either believe her or not, and I don't, there are to many red flags, no pun intended, mixed with some possibly credible evidence.

Comment

The only thing which can make me miss Sparko is an LPoT shot with a seanD chaser.

Comment

I'm not going to bother digging up three when this one will do just fine. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ne-work-122846

Not to mention the Senate could hold whatever hearing they want and ask Tara Reade and her so-called witnesses to show up and spill the beans. Of course, they'd be under oath which is why I'm not holding my breath.
            Looking at how hardball politics are typically played they could simply be waiting until/if he officially secures the nomination and the Democrats are stuck with him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The only thing which can make me miss Sparko is an LPoT shot with a seanD chaser.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Then I advise you to call you Senator and ask them to investigate! The Republicans do still control the Senate (for now).
                Joe Biden is not a senator or representative. He is just a private citizen right now. The Senate has no jurisdiction over him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  I don't know why you're so shocked the Reps have been slow to act. Their reluctance to do anything could be because they'd obviously be accused by the left of election tampering. It would become a whole partisan tribal thing like everything else.
                  Yup. Same thing they tried to impeach Trump over.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Tara Reade is a proven liar, and although that doesn't mean she isn't telling the truth in this case, it does give one pause. She lied about the reason she left politics and DC, originally saying that she left to pursue her first love, which was The ARTS, only to later claim that she was somehow forced out by Biden because she resisted his advances or some such claim, which was denied by Bidens entire staff at the time. She also wrote how she loves Russia and Putin, what a great leader he is, and how terribly the American imperialists have treated them. So, in this case, being that the investigation is inactive, you can either believe her or not, and I don't, there are to many red flags, no pun intended, mixed with some possibly credible evidence.
                    She might very well be lying. But the fact remains, the left believed Ford without any corroboration or evidence, yet they are studiously IGNORING Reade when she actually claims to have evidence. Double standard.

Comment

My user title isn't "Troll Magnet" for nothing. You guys can't stay away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        A bit hypocritical of you considering how you unquestioningly supported Christine Blasey Ford in her accusations against Kavanaugh despite her being caught in multiple direct lies as well as changing virtually every detail of her allegations (several times in some cases).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

She might very well be lying. But the fact remains, the left believed Ford without any corroboration or evidence, yet they are studiously IGNORING Reade when she actually claims to have evidence. Double standard.
                          They've even accused her, a lifetime liberal Democrat, of being part of a politically orchestrated attack all set up by Trump in order to ignore her allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            A bit hypocritical of you considering how you unquestioningly supported Christine Blasey Ford in her accusations against Kavanaugh despite her being caught in multiple direct lies as well as changing virtually every detail of her allegations (several times in some cases).
                            Like I said, the battle lines have already been drawn. The only thing a senate investigation will likely accomplish is expensive political theater.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Satire? Perhaps not...

Judge Dismisses Sexual Assault Allegations Against Biden On Grounds That He Is Not A Republican

https://babylonbee.com/news/judge-di...M7EkCQ98aRUTyo
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

For one thing, Kavanaugh was up for confirmation to a lifetime position of Supreme Court Justice, so the confirmation process, investigation if you will, was necessitated. Ford had the same evidence as Reade, she told people of the incident years before reporting it, she had detailed the incident including the names of witnesses to the event even though those witnesses were never interviewed by the FBI, there was also corraborating evidence as to Kavanaughs behavior at that time, as well as to other similar alleged incidents by other accusers. She was believable in her testimony in my opinion, and Kavanaugh was not. I wouldn't have convicted him in a court of law, but I believed her story over Kavanaughs defense and would not have confirmed him as a lifetime Judge, not for what he was alleged to have done by Ford, but because he showed himself in the process to be unfit for a lifetime position as a S C Justice.

Reade on the other hand has only made the accusation, I haven't seen her or heard her being interviewed but am aware of the fact that she has lied about her situation in DC in the past, both as to why she left that position, and as to the way Biden interacted with her. So I have reason to disbelieve her story now. That, along with the fact that Biden has been in the public eye for 50 years and there has never been any such accussation against him.

The fact that she is in love with Russia and an avid admirerer of Putin, and Putins puppet is now in the White House, also makes me wonder if this isn't a politically motivated scam.

But, you are free to believe her if you like, I simply don't believe her and can't imagine Biden doing what she accused him of.
                                Last edited by JimL; 04-30-2020, 09:15 AM.

Comment