Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    It's a stupid analogy and not representative of what happened but the "her skirt was too short" logic you employ here is amusing.
    If my wife leaves the burner on, and I walk by and notice it is on but don't turn it off, then the fault for my kid burning his hand is not just on her. It's on both of us. And you know that, and that is the point of my previous analogy - and you know that as well. So the point has been made, and the honest people get it, and the dishonest people like yourself make excuses. It is what it is. This site has very few honest people, and the majority of them are Atheists/non-Christians. And that is what it is too, but it's your legacy to answer for someday, not mine.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      If my wife leaves the burner on, and I walk by and notice it is on but don't turn it of, then the fault for my kid burning his hand is not just on her. It's on both of us. And you know that, and that is the point of my previous analogy - and you know that as well. So the point has been made, and the honest people get it, and the dishonest people like yourself make excuses. It is what it is. This site has very few honest people, and the majority of them are Atheists. And that is what it is too, but it's your legacy to answer for someday, not mine.
      If you want to argue that Trump didn't close the border fast enough, I agree with you. It's one of his presidency's biggest failures, he should've done it long before the virus became an issue.

HOWEVER, I absolutely do not want to hear it from you or any other liberal. You would have handled this much worse and your attempt to rewrite history and re-position yourself as some sort of border hawk is laughable.

The fact is that Trump reacted imperfectly because of a status quo that existed long before he came in power and which was established by traitors like you (no offense). It is absolutely his fault he hasn't dealt with this problem adequately but he is one of the last people in line on a long list of culprits on the issue. You are far more guilty than he is and Matthew 7 applies here. You have no business lecturing Trump on his failures given that your guilt dwarfs his. You should be on your knees, begging God and the rest of us for forgiveness with tears streaming down your cheeks, not looking for specks to remove from Trump's eye while swinging a skyscraper around in yours.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Or, it could be because a vaccine would actually protect people and stop this thing in it's tracks. We would no longer need to stay sheltered in our homes wondering if we will catch it and then die horribly, isolated from all friends and family.

Vaccines are GOOD, Mike. They are not some evil conspiracy.
        Vaccines are often good, but they're also often bad and have negative results, and this has been well documented. But vaccines are downright evil if the stipulation of getting it means you need proof of getting it, and you even admitted this in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          If you want to argue that Trump didn't close the border fast enough, I agree with you. It's one of his presidency's biggest failures, he should've done it long before the virus became an issue.

HOWEVER, I absolutely do not want to hear it from you or any other liberal. You would have handled this much worse and your attempt to rewrite history and re-position yourself as some sort of border hawk is laughable.

The fact is that Trump reacted imperfectly because of a status quo that existed long before he came in power and which was established by traitors like you (no offense). It is absolutely his fault he hasn't dealt with this problem adequately but he is one of the last people in line on a long list of culprits on the issue. You are far more guilty than he is and Matthew 7 applies here. You have no business lecturing Trump on his failures given that your guilt dwarfs his. You should be on your knees, begging God and the rest of us for forgiveness with tears streaming down your cheeks, not looking for specks to remove from Trump's eye while swinging a skyscraper around in yours.
          Trump was called on his inaction daily. He was called on his absurdities like "It's all under control" as the virus was exploding, and "maybe it will just go away". He constantly mislead the public about when testing might become available, and it still is slow and difficult to get tested - to the point it is useless for the average person in terms of finding out if they are sick in time to avoid hardship if they are not, or in time to avoid infecting others if they are but have only mild symptoms. His rhetoric through the entire month of February and into March told the story of a man in denial while medical expert after medical expert was sounding the alarm. Now he's trying to push to reopen when we are just barely to the peak.

You can 'rewrite' the Trump narrative per your conservative misinformation sources all you want, but I've watched the news from multiple outlets daily and I've seen every stupid thing Trump has said, done and not done. Not only that, I've followed the raw data daily since early January. So save your rewrite attempts for people that are not living it out daily or who didn't watch Trump's briefings live, or who are not savvy enough to derive their own conclusions from the raw data.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

He constantly mislead the public about when testing might become available
            There was no way to tell for sure when testing might become available given that a test had to be developed. Even if Trump was a biochemist working directly on a test he could only give a "best guess" and it wouldn't be a mark against him if he were wrong. Being optimistic is what a good leader does and something Trump should continue to do in the face of the first big crisis of the century. You are trying to make something normal and good sound malefic, a common strategy employed by both the lying media and the Prince of Lies who you faithfully serve. I wonder where you learned that kind of behavior...

I've watched the news from multiple outlets daily
            Oh, that's where.
            Last edited by Darth Executor; 04-15-2020, 01:45 PM.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              Wait. Those trucks that haul dirt and rocks -- these trucks have signs saying it isn't their fault if you are closer than 300 feet behind them. Doesn't that free them of all liability?
              Correct - they just hope you believe their lies.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't partially the Truck's fault CP.
                Dropping the load on the highway is the truck driver's fault, pure and simple, regardless of whether there is an accident or not. He is actually violating a law. Without his violation of the law, there is no accident.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  If the Truck driver didn't secure the chair then denies it was even in the road, yes.
                  TTFFTs (Things That Fall From Trucks) are the truck driver's responsibility regardless. Commercial trucks are even under greater liability. It's just a bad analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    There is zero question that the US's response to the virus was poor in many ways...
                    It has also been good in many ways, but the main problem is that nobody could have predicted something exactly like what happened, and China lied about it for weeks and didn't come clean until after the virus had already taken root in multiple countries, at which point, there was nothing anybody could do but chase after it with mitigation efforts -- and we still have no idea how effective any of it has really been. One Israeli professor discovered that the Chinese coronavirus continued to spread at the same rate regardless of what any country did in response.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      Wait. Those trucks that haul dirt and rocks -- these trucks have signs saying it isn't their fault if you are closer than 300 feet behind them. Doesn't that free them of all liability?
                      Of course it doesn't. You can't exempt yourself from legal responsibility simply because you say so. Same thing with those signs on car washes that say they're not responsible for any damages caused by their equipment. I've heard those referred to as "idiot signs" because only an idiot says, "Ah, crap, the car wash busted my windshield and flooded my car with water, but I can't sue because the sign says they're not responsible."
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        Vaccines are often good, but they're also often bad and have negative results, and this has been well documented. But vaccines are downright evil if the stipulation of getting it means you need proof of getting it, and you even admitted this in another thread.
                        It would be against current HIPAA privacy laws. I think all this talk will come up against that soon enough. Right now they are all just spitballing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Of course it doesn't. You can't exempt yourself from legal responsibility simply because you say so. Same thing with those signs on car washes that say they're not responsible for any damages caused by their equipment. I've heard those referred to as "idiot signs" because only an idiot says, "Ah, crap, the car wash busted my windshield and flooded my car with water, but I can't sue because the sign says they're not responsible."
                          Many years ago, we had to get "waivers" for church kids to go on church trips, or ride our bus, or whatever, and they couldn't go unless the parents signed the waiver. In fact, it's just a bluff -- just signing a piece of paper does not absolve the Church of reckless conduct, preventable accidents, harm or injury caused by inattentiveness, etc....

ETA: Our current Church Insurance provider doesn't require such waivers - just due diligence on our part in screening drivers, having "best practices", and so on --- our agent said, "that's why you have insurance!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Dropping the load on the highway is the truck driver's fault, pure and simple, regardless of whether there is an accident or not. He is actually violating a law. Without his violation of the law, there is no accident.
                            ok - so the actual law makes my example inappropriate. So be it. The point I'm making, which all of you know exactly what it is and are playing games to avoid, is then better summed up with the burner analogy:

If my wife leaves the burner on, and I walk by and notice it is on but don't turn it of, then the fault for my kid later burning his hand on that burner is not just on her. It's on both of us.

Now, do you get the point yet? Or are you now going to argue that it's really completely the wife's fault after all (if you try that, you are required to do it in front of your wife ...)

Comment

...So the point has been made, and the honest people get it, and the dishonest people like yourself make excuses. It is what it is. This site has very few honest people, and the majority of them are Atheists/non-Christians. And that is what it is too, but it's your legacy to answer for someday, not mine.
                              wow

Comment

ok - so the actual law makes my example inappropriate. So be it.
                                Yes sir, just a bad analogy.

The point I'm making, which all of you know exactly what it is and are playing games to avoid
                                I'm not playing any game, Jim - just pointing out the flaw in the analogy.

is then better summed up with the burner analogy:

If my wife leaves the burner on, and I walk by and notice it is on but don't turn it of, then the fault for my kid burning his hand is not just on her. It's on both of us.
                                That ALMOST sounds like a version of the Watchman! (Ezek 33:6)

Now, do you get the point yet? Or are you now going to argue that it's really my wife's fault after all (if you try that, you are required to do it in front of your wife ...)
                                I'll leave you to blame your own wife, Jim - I've been married too long to go there!

Comment