Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lab Leak: The conspiracy theory is shaping up to look like real possibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    wow
    It is truly amazing isn't it. That the most honest players here when it comes to discussion, admission of fault, admission of logical consistency in an argument, are not the Christians but the non-Christians. It literally blows my mind each and every day I come on this board to discuss these topics. Not only that, the rudest, meanest, most willing to put down others personally are the Christians too. As I said, it's hard believe, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-15-2020, 02:24 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

There are quite a few theories out there, some more plausible than others...

Word on the street in China is that it spreads by people of African descent (which is why a McDonalds in China put up a sign yesterday banning all black people from the store, which corporate was not very pleased about). The Iranian government claims it was engineered to genetically target Iranians. One of my co-workers believes the US government created the virus to kill off African Americans. I could buy the notion that it was a genetic experiment gone wrong in China; it would be a hard sell to convince me that it was deliberately released there.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        It would be against current HIPAA privacy laws. I think all this talk will come up against that soon enough. Right now they are all just spitballing.
        I agree. There has been considerable pushback against nearly every measure the government has tried, so it seems that the American people are not in a place where they are blindly assenting to all measures taken to curb the virus (perhaps as a contrast to what happened post-9/11). At the very least, it would be an uphill battle to achieve this.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          It is truly amazing isn't it. That the most dishonest players here when it comes to discussion, admission of fault, admission of logical consistency in an argument, are not the Christians but the non-Christians. It literally blows my mind each and every day I come on this board to discuss these topics. Not only that, the rudest, meanest, most willing to put down others personally are the Christians too. As I said, it's hard believe, but it is what it is.
          I think you said the opposite of what you meant to say. You are saying the non-Christians are the dishonest players. Is that what you meant?

Comment

It is truly amazing isn't it. That the most dishonest players here when it comes to discussion, admission of fault, admission of logical consistency in an argument, are not the Christians but the non-Christians. It literally blows my mind each and every day I come on this board to discuss these topics. Not only that, the rudest, meanest, most willing to put down others personally are the Christians too. As I said, it's hard believe, but it is what it is.
            What's amazing, Jim, is your blantant hypocrisy in pretending to want to get along while kicking your fellow Christians in the teeth. Somebody disagrees with you - why, they're low down lying pond scum!

Get well soon, Jim.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

... That the most dishonest players here when it comes to discussion, admission of fault, admission of logical consistency in an argument, are not the Christians but the non-Christians.
              I don't think you meant to say that, but you are ironically correct.

PS although what you meant to say is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread where you asked me for examples of you questioning our sanity. Not sanity here but integrity. Yet you don't consider such things as "attacks" - while everything said to you is one.
              Last edited by Sparko; 04-15-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                There are quite a few theories out there, some more plausible than others...

Word on the street in China is that it spreads by people of African descent (which is why a McDonalds in China put up a sign yesterday banning all black people from the store, which corporate was not very pleased about). The Iranian government claims it was engineered to genetically target Iranians. One of my co-workers believes the US government created the virus to kill off African Americans. I could buy the notion that it was a genetic experiment gone wrong in China; it would be a hard sell to convince me that it was deliberately released there.
                Since the conspiracy theory usually can't be proven, otherwise it wouldn't be a conspiracy, it has to at least make a modicum of logical sense. The one that makes the most sense, seems the most plausible, and makes less assumptions about an individual's moral character, is that it accidentally leaked from a lab.

Comment

It would be against current HIPAA privacy laws. I think all this talk will come up against that soon enough. Right now they are all just spitballing.
                  Societal pressure will totally trump any and all laws of privacy. Much like it did during 911. The hysterical folks, or just folks who want to get on with the norm, that are willing to get it and go through those verification measures will out number the folks who don't, and the MSM will amplify that by vilifying the latter. The outcome is so easy to predict.
                  Last edited by seanD; 04-15-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

What's amazing, Jim, is your blantant hypocrisy in pretending to want to get along while kicking your fellow Christians in the teeth. Somebody disagrees with you - why, they're low down lying pond scum!

Get well soon, Jim.
                    The truth is the truth CP. And when it comes to putting down others, you rank near the top. If you wish me to say otherwise, then you and others need to do otherwise. It is what it is
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Get well soon, Jim.
                      Makes me think of when mickiel called me "the most disrespectful person on TWeb".

Comment

I don't think you meant to say that, but you are ironically correct.

PS although what you meant to say is exactly what I was talking about in the other thread where you asked me for examples of you questioning our sanity. Not sanity here but integrity. Yet you don't consider such things as "attacks" - while everything said to you is one.
                        I was tripped up by one too many negatives. I have correct my post by changing dishonest to honest. It's current form is what I meant to say.

As I said to Cp, the truth is the truth. If you want me to say otherwise, do otherwise. I take no joy in that assessment, and I have tried over and over and over to encourage something better.

And for the record, pointing out the problem is not the same as participating in it, in spite of the large chorus attempting to claim otherwise.

Comment

The truth is the truth CP. And when it comes to putting down others, you rank near the top.
                          I never pretend to be "mister nice guy", Jim. And I'm not in the habit of kicking my fellow Christians in the teeth. Do I stand up to your anti-Christian buddies? You betcha!

If you wish me to say otherwise, then you and others need to do otherwise.
                          Always on "the other guy".

It is what it is
                          Just parroting "it is what it is" doesn't change the fact that you preach "everybody be nice", yet you're constantly kicking your fellow Christians in the teeth --- and accusing them (us) of being liars, or playing games, and referring to them (us) as "the peanut gallery", when you're part of your own peanut gallery.

Get well, Jim.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And for the record, pointing out the problem is not the same as participating in it....
                            That's like "Oh, I didn't gossip, I shared a prayer request! It's those OTHER no good lying scoundrels..."

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              I think you said the opposite of what you meant to say. You are saying the non-Christians are the dishonest players. Is that what you meant?
                              No - one too many negatives. I've corrected it - dishonest -> honest.

Comment

Yes sir, just a bad analogy.

I'm not playing any game, Jim - just pointing out the flaw in the analogy.

That ALMOST sounds like a version of the Watchman! (Ezek 33:6)

I'll leave you to blame your own wife, Jim - I've been married too long to go there!
                                Cute, but you avoided the question. And you know the point being made, so why not just admit I'm correct. Blame does not go to one or the other, but to both China AND the White House.

Comment